Mile-a-minute-a-long!

After waiting for my mile a minute pattern book I didnt really like the patterns in there so Im going to do this one.

Bummer about your book. Hope you like this new pattern better.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just do the center piece until it's about 3 1/2 feet long for the baby ghan. (I make 4 foot baby ghans) and about 6 feet long for the scarf. Some people like shorter scarves. If you do it in 4plyww then the #'s won't match up.

does anyone know the increase in the original chain in order to make this longer???? sorry, I am no good at numbers but want it to be 60", so I need 20" more than what it is?????

Megan Im making this one and you use the same chains and just make it however long you like.

Hello! I saw the Vintage Lace scarf and realize that is the pattern I just have to make! It doesnt matter that I really have very little time after work,and this is a very busy weekend.I am going out to get some yarn,and begin.(this may be the first inch by inch) Rose red,I thankyou for finding that pattern! Leslie

Finally - pictures!

Vintage Lace II MAM from freepatterns.com

Scarf swatch - 11 inches- mohair and D hook

this is the pattern as it's written

momsscarfswatch.jpg

Scarf - 90 inches or 7 1/2 ft. - mohair and chophook

(can you say oy vay! I measured wrong?)

at least she can wrap it around her neck twice

momsscarf.jpg

Close up of the ends - I did an extra round of fan shells and 1 round of sc and the last round was sc with a bpsc around the dc below. That bp st stops it from curling up on the edges.

momsscarfends.jpg

That is absolutely gorgeous!

Here is my first strip. It measures 45 inches long. I am using RHSS in Ocean and white.

th_P1170164.jpg

Looking good!

Pickles - Are you still thinking about ways to rack up points (feet) faster toward a mile? If so, one idea is - we could multiply the length of the strip by the width so, for example a 60 inch long, 4 inch wide strip would be worth 240 feet (as opposed to just 60 feet).

Or, if that seems like too much, we could multiply the length of the strip by 1/2 of the width so in the example above, you'd get credit for 120 feet instead of just 60. Make any sense?

Just a thought, but you certainly won't hurt my feeling if you don't go for it.

Here is my first strip. It measures 45 inches long. I am using RHSS in Ocean and white.

th_P1170164.jpg

:cheer:cheer LOOKS AWESOME! I like the white border!

Hello! I saw the Vintage Lace scarf and realize that is the pattern I just have to make! It doesnt matter that I really have very little time after work,and this is a very busy weekend.I am going out to get some yarn,and begin.(this may be the first inch by inch) Rose red,I thankyou for finding that pattern! Leslie

Welcome Leslie! Isn't that pattern amazing!

Looking good!

Pickles - Are you still thinking about ways to rack up points (feet) faster toward a mile? If so, one idea is - we could multiply the length of the strip by the width so, for example a 60 inch long, 4 inch wide strip would be worth 240 feet (as opposed to just 60 feet).

Or, if that seems like too much, we could multiply the length of the strip by 1/2 of the width so in the example above, you'd get credit for 120 feet instead of just 60. Make any sense?

Just a thought, but you certainly won't hurt my feeling if you don't go for it.

Thats perfect! That was DH suggestion this morning. I will update the first post with this and then I will start adding names with progress too! :yay

After waiting for my mile a minute pattern book I didnt really like the patterns in there so Im going to do this one.

This is a bummer about your book! I hate it when I can't preview the book before buying. Isn't there a part of crochetville where you can sell it? Or maybe keep it in the stash for a gift later on?

Thats perfect! That was DH suggestion this morning. I will update the first post with this and then I will start adding names with progress too! :yay

Pretty scary that your DH and I were on the same wavelength this morning, scary for you and your DH that is :lol. Anyway,not to be nitpicky, but when you updated the first post, there's one place you put miles where it should say feet ("240 inches or 240 miles") Those of us already here will know what you meant, but newcomers might get confused.

Pretty scary that your DH and I were on the same wavelength this morning, scary for you and your DH that is :lol. Anyway,not to be nitpicky, but when you updated the first post, there's one place you put miles where it should say feet ("240 inches or 240 miles") Those of us already here will know what you meant, but newcomers might get confused.

:lol Thank you! I wouldn't have caught that! I was multi tasking at the time and trying to type with a squirmy 8 month old on my lap! Thanks!

Judy your scarf is gorgeous. :clap

Pickles Im here, I hope to do another strip tonight or tomorrow, thats a crochet strip. :lol

Hahahaha that's great! Still waiting on my ltk book by the way! And practicing my knitting skills! I will let you know when I get it and get started! You and krystal are going to be finished by the time I start at the rate you all are going!

Looks great! How many inches wide? I will add it you your mile! Good job!

It's 4 inches wide...

ANd wrapped around my neck twice it was snuggly - though I wouldn't wear it for skiing!

Thanks for the compliments on the scarf...I might go down a hook size to make it a little tighter of a design...but it's for me, so:c9

RR...here's a clicky pic for you. (Unblocked....still that way, too)

th_HPIM0491.jpg

That came out so pretty! Thank you for posting a pic for me.

She pattern tested for me and the pattern was lost when my computer crashed. Learned the hard way about making back ups that day. So it's a custom one of a kind now.

It's beatiful. Darksi's got me making tp covers. yeah, I know - it's a toilet paper cover but i had to have one. Anyways - I'm going to post some pics of those now.

Archived