Mile-a-minute-a-long!

Morning all. I added a couple rounds to Moms MAM scarf. when I post a pic I'll post the swatch AND the finished product. I'm finally on the last round. Darn sc's kill my hands tho. The scallops started to curl in so the last round i'm doing a bpslst around the post 2 rows down and sc's in the scallop. It lays so nice now!

Can't wait to see this! sounds stunning!

Where is everyone at??? Been awfully quiet in here lately! :lurk:sigh

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished moms scarf. I'll try to post pics today. This ick moved up into my head so I took an allergy pill to try to get rid of this sinus headache. Another day wasted to cold medicine. ugh.

I gotta tell you tho - I LOVE that vintage lace 2 pattern. You can make the strips wider if you want to and still follow the basic pattern. It's gorgeous! and easy!

Hi all - no new progress to report on my MAM (a friend talked me into joining Facebook - and my goodness can you spend a lot of time on there - hmmm, kinda like here...) but I'll be getting back to it today, because tomorrow I should be receiving my new MAM pattern book I ordered (Mile-A-Minute Afghans that some of you are using) which I may use for my next afghan (there's always a next afghan, right)

Hi all - no new progress to report on my MAM (a friend talked me into joining Facebook - and my goodness can you spend a lot of time on there - hmmm, kinda like here...) but I'll be getting back to it today, because tomorrow I should be receiving my new MAM pattern book I ordered (Mile-A-Minute Afghans that some of you are using) which I may use for my next afghan (there's always a next afghan, right)

Can't wait to see which one you choose next! Mine is moving along slowly but have a few days off so hope to work on it more!

Pickles I got my Mile a minute Collection Afghan book and Im leaning toward making the Summer Memories. I will probably make it baby size. I will probably start tomorrow arvo but for now its bedtime.

:cheerYAY can't wait to see pics! I checked my Amazon order for the LTK book and it should be here tomorrow but the site said it hadn't been shipped yet....:think

I finished moms scarf. I'll try to post pics today. This ick moved up into my head so I took an allergy pill to try to get rid of this sinus headache. Another day wasted to cold medicine. ugh.

I gotta tell you tho - I LOVE that vintage lace 2 pattern. You can make the strips wider if you want to and still follow the basic pattern. It's gorgeous! and easy!

Ok you convinced me! I've got to get this pattern, I've got some Patons Lacette in a soft pink I'm going to use! Working on it tonight in fact! :hook

Finally - pictures!

Vintage Lace II MAM from freepatterns.com

Scarf swatch - 11 inches- mohair and D hook

this is the pattern as it's written

momsscarfswatch.jpg

Scarf - 90 inches or 7 1/2 ft. - mohair and chophook

(can you say oy vay! I measured wrong?)

at least she can wrap it around her neck twice

momsscarf.jpg

Close up of the ends - I did an extra round of fan shells and 1 round of sc and the last round was sc with a bpsc around the dc below. That bp st stops it from curling up on the edges.

momsscarfends.jpg

Finally - pictures!

momsscarfswatch.jpg

momsscarf.jpg

Close up of the ends - I did an extra round of fan shells and 1 round of sc and the last round was sc with a bpsc around the dc below. That bp st stops it from curling up on the edges.

momsscarfends.jpg

:eekABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! Great job! :yay

Yowza! RoseRed, that scarf if gorgeous! Bravo!!!

My new MAM pattern book just arrived - gotta love it when the UPS truck pulls up - so I'm gonna go see which patterns catch my eye in there.

Which book did you get again?

It's the Mile-A-Minute Afghans from Leisure Arts with your Restful Rainbows in it. My daughter looked through it with me and Restful Rainbows is her favorite. Maybe I'll try making that one for her. I also really like...

Arrowhead Valley p.61

Rubies and Pearls (in different colors) p. 75

Sentimental Shells p. 85

and a few others.

Just gotta decide which one to do first.

It's the Mile-A-Minute Afghans from Leisure Arts with your Restful Rainbows in it. My daughter looked through it with me and Restful Rainbows is her favorite. Maybe I'll try making that one for her. I also really like...

Arrowhead Valley p.61

Rubies and Pearls (in different colors) p. 75

Sentimental Shells p. 85

and a few others.

Just gotta decide which one to do first.

Oh yeah thats right! There are a LOT in that book I want to try in more updated colors.....its a good book!

Finally - pictures!

Vintage Lace II MAM from freepatterns.com

momsscarfswatch.jpg

momsscarf.jpg

momsscarfends.jpg

Oh that is just gorgeous. :clap

Archived