Mile-a-minute-a-long!

Okay... just finished another MAM scarf.

Now ... with a mile equaling 5280 feet.......... 12" per foot

I have a total of 241 inches which rounds down to 20 feet done so far. :whew

:heart

:mug

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I'm thinking a scarf would be good...it'll help me with the 12 scarf CAL, too:lol

The patterns on the first post are so pretty!

I have two MAM books and one scrap pattern that I have been wanting to do. Let me see if I can organize myself to fit in one more project. Might have to be next week.

You got me! I saw those free pattern links...ad was hooked. That, and the fact that my bestest friend, Julie, is here:manyheart

Now to decide, once you have all the free links up...and then raid my stash.

:clap I'm glad you're here!

The *************** are for sites that are blocked from being linked to by C'ville. It's usually due to copyright issues.

OK - I have some very thin mohair that was gifted to me. I'm going to make the 1st panel of the Golden Autumn Vintage Lace II as a scarf for Mom's birthday. Cross your fingers that my hands can hold out.

The vintage lace II pattern is gorgeous! can't wait to see it as a scarf in mohair!

Okay... just finished another MAM scarf.

Now ... with a mile equaling 5280 feet.......... 12" per foot

I have a total of 241 inches which rounds down to 20 feet done so far. :whew

Slow down sweetie! each inch will equal a foot! so you have 241 feet done!:)

Now I'm thinking a scarf would be good...it'll help me with the 12 scarf CAL, too:lol

The patterns on the first post are so pretty!

Love your multitasking!

I have two MAM books and one scrap pattern that I have been wanting to do. Let me see if I can organize myself to fit in one more project. Might have to be next week.

Hope to see you real soon Pauline! :hug

Wow, Judy

The German Shephard looks great ,as do all your blog items ! I love that first square in the pinks and browns -- such pretty colors together .

Hey Wendy- yep, it'll be like old home week here with all the gang jumping into a new project together .

PS- I am totally clueless as to how to figure inches/yards/feet/miles, etc .

I'll make the strips and maybe someone with more brains than me can figure out the numbers .

Slow down sweetie! each inch will equal a foot! so you have 241 feet done!:)

:hug

:eekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

I knew that when I first read the instructions when I joined... but somewhere twisted them to my own understanding. Omy......... 241feet done........... :faint

Wow, Judy

The German Shephard looks great ,as do all your blog items ! I love that first square in the pinks and browns -- such pretty colors together .

Hey Wendy- yep, it'll be like old home week here with all the gang jumping into a new project together .

I'll make the strips and maybe someone with more brains than me can figure out the numbers .

You report to me in inches I will figure the rest out!

Spent the afternoon looking through my stash much to my husbands delight, I was able to find some wool for this. I am going to get started over the weeked. I will put this one away for my dd for xmas. I will be making the pattern below. My colors will be pinks and white.

http://www.*********************/crochet-afghansli.html

Wow, Judy

1 mile = 5280 feet

1 inch of our work = 1 foot

I made 4 scarves that in total came to 241 inches... so I have 241 feet done of my 5280... leaving me with 5039 to go........ :scared

I did 10 inches and decided I don't like mohair! :thair:thair

Who's keeping track of the inches, errr feet or length?

I think I'll try it double stranded. 1 is just too thin for my poor carpel tunneled hands to tackle...

and the fuzzies keep knotting up!:eek

3179821975_acd40535fa_m.jpg

Oh I like that one

The colors came out brighter than what they actually are.Main color is a darker cranberry, varigated has a terra cotta color in it.

3180660308_d574cec237.jpg

And that is gorgeous as well.

I have RHSS in Ocean, Delft Blue and Pale Plum. Which do you think would look great with the Ocean.

Love the colors. you are doing great!!!!

Thanks, Julie!

Pickles, the blues are very pretty...

Thanks!

I did 10 inches and decided I don't like mohair! :thair:thair

Who's keeping track of the inches, errr feet or length?

I think I'll try it double stranded. 1 is just too thin for my poor carpel tunneled hands to tackle...

and the fuzzies keep knotting up!:eek

I am! :D

Oh I like that one

And that is gorgeous as well.

I have RHSS in Ocean, Delft Blue and Pale Plum. Which do you think would look great with the Ocean.

Thanks! I don't know which would LOOK best but I LOVE RHSS in Ocean so either one will probably look great. I am more partial to purple though....

Alright I'm going to check my stash. If I have enough for one I will join up. But I can't do anything until I finish one WIP. Luckily I'm on the border of one so it should be in the next couple of days.

YAY!!! :clap:clap:clap Can't wait till the border is finished so you can join us!

Pickles

Both of yours are very pretty. What is the variegated you are using for the cranberry-colored one ? It is really unique .

Pagan-- the link isn't working for me, can anyone else see it ?

Thank you!!!

Link didn't work for me either...came up as ********* again.

Alright gang told dh what I had been up to on here. :lookoutI explained to him how we were calculating miles and he said "that's a lot of strips" and walked out of the room. :sofunnyBut it did make me think it is kind of a lot. So I am brainstorming a different way of calculating everything so we have more winners! :clap Anyone have any ideas?

Wow - I was just popping in to see what if anything had been going on today and I can see this is going to be a very active CAL - COOL! I've been offline for so long I forgot how talkative some of us crocheters can be.

Hi Donna (sewnsew) and Julie. Nice to see some familiar "faces" from back when I was a regular.

I love that there are pics up already. They all look awesome.

OK that's enough jabbering from me for now. Think I'll go :hook now...

Archived