Mile-a-minute-a-long!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It wouldn't matter - you have it in pdf format and I lost the graph for it. I'm just happy that it was made before it was lost.

I still have the graph...with my scribbles on it....so if you'd like a copy, PM me...:hook

Howdy there ladies

I havent checked in again for days , but I do have an update. My first pattern, I got the center done, but couldnt figure out the first row of edging for the life of me, so I trashed it and started a new one, which is written for a premie, but I just used a bigger hook and made it lots longer . I'll try to get a photo posted today . One strip totally completed now, border included .

The lace one that someone posted is gorgeous . I really like it .

and Judy-- love the color of your bright blue scarf . I could just picture that on someone with bright blue eyes, they'd look so pretty in it .

Just a little piece of advise to anyone who is joining strips, and this is certainly not meant to say anyone wouldnt know to do this, but the last time I made a MAM-- When I put the strips together, I wasnt paying attention, and ended up with one ,the shells going in the opposite direction( in other words, they were upside down .)

Just a note -- it's pretty frustrating to have all strips complete, the afghan totally together, take a step back and go - OH NO !!!

Then you have to take out the offending piece and put it in right, which may make you say bad words .

( At least I did )

Judy the filet is gorgeous! Did I understand right? rr designed it? Well I'm finished with just over half of the inside of my strips. Will do the outsides then connect the half I have done then finish the other half. Needs to be finished by February 19th. EEK! Wish me luck!

Yup - RR designed it...:c9

And you can finish on time...you're a fast worker!:yes

The lace one that someone posted is gorgeous . I really like it .

and Judy-- love the color of your bright blue scarf . I could just picture that on someone with bright blue eyes, they'd look so pretty in it .

Rose Red made that one...

Yeah, about the blue eyes...mine are now green, unfortunately:lol...though they used to change from blue to green, depending on what I wore.

Just a little piece of advise to anyone who is joining strips, and this is certainly not meant to say anyone wouldnt know to do this, but the last time I made a MAM-- When I put the strips together, I wasnt paying attention, and ended up with one ,the shells going in the opposite direction( in other words, they were upside down .)

Just a note -- it's pretty frustrating to have all strips complete, the afghan totally together, take a step back and go - OH NO !!!

Then you have to take out the offending piece and put it in right, which may make you say bad words .

( At least I did )

I never would have thought to check the shells! TY...before I make the baby one I have in mind and start saying those bad words too:lol

Judy- are you saying you wear contacs or have your eyes just started staying one color now ?

My oldest son has eyes like that -- I call them MOOD EYES like the mood rings ?

His go anywhere from grey to hazel-type color, to blue, to really bright blue .

It depends on what he wears too, certain colors make them show up a different way .

Thanx :hug

I did that once with the shells and took it apart to fix it. I think the taking out the whipstitching (with the occasional knot just in case it came loose) was more work than making the entire ghan. ugh. That pattern was lost to a move along with all my other patterns in that box! When I go up to Mom's in april I'm going to have to pull the pattern from the ghan itself just because I want to make another one.

I would love a copy of the chart - if I remember correctly you found a mistake one it. I'll pm you in a minute with my email address.

I haven't worked on any strips lately - I got sidetracked with tp covers. I made hubby the coffee cup one last night and he asked for another one in black. lolol

My yarn is piling up around my spot on the couch. I'm just waiting for hubby to tell me that it's getting out of control. He's so sweet about it, too.

Catch ya later!

Judy- are you saying you wear contacs or have your eyes just started staying one color now ?

My oldest son has eyes like that -- I call them MOOD EYES like the mood rings ?

His go anywhere from grey to hazel-type color, to blue, to really bright blue .

It depends on what he wears too, certain colors make them show up a different way .

Like a mood ring...:lol

I would love a copy of the chart - if I remember correctly you found a mistake one it. I'll pm you in a minute with my email address.

Got it...

( At least I did )

:whewGlad you shared this! never would have thought to check the shells on the inside of the strip! And you are right....i would have said bad words! very loudly! :D

Thanx :hug

I

I haven't worked on any strips lately - I got sidetracked with tp covers. I made hubby the coffee cup one last night and he asked for another one in black. lolol

My yarn is piling up around my spot on the couch. I'm just waiting for hubby to tell me that it's getting out of control. He's so sweet about it, too.

Catch ya later!

Would love to see a pic of these tp covers! :lol

And DH is the same way with me....the pile grows and grows and he eventually lets me know its too crazy.

Judy - Love the scarf - it looks so snuggly and warm

Julie - your MAM strip is awesome. Great colors, and I like that pattern!

RoseRed - I checked out your blog and the TP covers are too cool. I'm tempted to try one myself

Despite my New Year's resolution, I remain a hopeless new-project-starter. I have begun workin on 2 new MAMs. One for my son and one for my daughter. I thought I'd do a little on his, then a little on hers and back and forth... But today I am committed to working only on the last strip of the MAM I started out with for this CAL - the one for my neice. If I stay focused I should be able to wrap that one up in a few days. Happy crocheting everyone.

I have two strips complete and the insides for 4 more done, I will take pics when I get home from work, (and measure them). I ended up doing one strand of Bernat Coordinates Stripes with one strand of Bernat Coordinates in plain white and came up with my own simple pattern for a mam.

009.jpg

Ok gang, after fiddling around with photobucket and trying to remember how to post a picture in here, here is my first strip done. I tried to lay both ends together so you could tell how it'll look with more than one strip on it .

Absolutely stunning! I LOVE the bright colors!:yay

Julie - your MAM strip is awesome. Great colors, and I like that pattern!

RoseRed - I checked out your blog and the TP covers are too cool. I'm tempted to try one myself

Despite my New Year's resolution, I remain a hopeless new-project-starter. I have begun workin on 2 new MAMs. One for my son and one for my daughter. I thought I'd do a little on his, then a little on hers and back and forth... But today I am committed to working only on the last strip of the MAM I started out with for this CAL - the one for my neice. If I stay focused I should be able to wrap that one up in a few days. Happy crocheting everyone.

HAHA Thats funny because I just picked out my 3rd and 4th MAM and my first 2 arent even finished! :hook

I have two strips complete and the insides for 4 more done, I will take pics when I get home from work, (and measure them). I ended up doing one strand of Bernat Coordinates Stripes with one strand of Bernat Coordinates in plain white and came up with my own simple pattern for a mam.

It sounds great! Can't wait to see pics!

009.jpg

Gorgeous colors, Julie!:clap

Doubled up when it's really cold - it is snuggly - Thanks!

Thanks, guys --

It sounds like a bunch of you have the START- ITIS that's been going around. I have to try HARD not to get that this time. The more I START, the less I finish.

I keep wondering when I'm gonna learn not to do that, but so far, I'm not real good at it .

Archived