Mile-a-minute-a-long!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok ok ok ok ok ok ok......

I want to do the medalion one. http://www.patchworkcrochet.com/strips.htm

That one.

only one thing. I am doing it entirely in scraps, so It will NOT be made for pretty, jusy made to get all my yarn taken up in my stash so I can buy more. :)

Hehe, I wanted to do this one so long..... Any one have any idea how long to make your original chains? I know it's multiples of 6 (then the +2) so what do you guys think??????

That one.

only one thing. I am doing it entirely in scraps, so It will NOT be made for pretty, jusy made to get all my yarn taken up in my stash so I can buy more. :)

Hehe, I wanted to do this one so long..... Any one have any idea how long to make your original chains? I know it's multiples of 6 (then the +2) so what do you guys think??????

I'd like to know, too...I'm thinking for a kid's ghan or even baby ghan.

Judy Im with you, I would probably make mine baby ghan size as well.

Hi, Wendy - I only have a second b4 taking care of the dogs...

That medallion MAM looks great for a baby ghan. It's on post 1

CU later...have a good night my friend:hug

Morning, gang ...

This was sliding down the page, so I thought I'd yank it back up closer to the top .

I went to get my yarn today for my MAM, and boy, our Walmart is sorely lacking in yarn lately. I "think" they told me once that this is inventory time so they don't keep things well stocked, but it's a shame to see the yarn department shrinking. They keep making the aisle shorter and shorter .

Anyhow, they didnt have the colors needed for my pattern, so I got 3 others, so we'll see how it comes together . They are matching, but I would have liked the original colors better .

I was too chicken to drive any farther. They say we have a humdinger snowstorm on the way, so I didnt want to go too far off .

Pickles, now I have already forgotten, but how often do we report in to you on inches/feet ,and is it on a particular day of the week that we report ?

Thanks and WAKE UP OUT THERE , you guys ........ I need somebody to YAK to this morning .:blah

Morning, gang ...

Thanks and WAKE UP OUT THERE , you guys ........ I need somebody to YAK to this morning .:blah

Well, I am up and here, and at work. I have to decide what to start on my blanket tonight when I get home, then play arounds with length for my starting. :)

I am making un fur scarfs today at work, cause I forgot to switch out projects...so on with the fur. Know of any good fun fur patterns? (I have to be able to use a big hook)

but I am here to talk

Hi Megan

Nope, wish I could help you out, but I don't have much experience with fun fur and no patterns . The only thing I know of that I have seen it used for is scarves. Someone told me that it is much easier to knit with than crochet, but I never tried it, so I'm not sure .

So which MAM pattern are you using and what colors ?

You are lucky you are allowed to crochet at work !

Have a great day and looking forward to getting to know a lot of you new ladies .

I am going to do the medallion one, last link in the 1st post. I am going to use up all my scraps, with white as the outlines, so I think I need to buy white. but other than that- no set colors, how about you?

I love that I can crochet at work. I get alot done here. We are virtually dead this time of year, so I have to keep busy. :)

The medallion strips sounds like a popular choice. That'll be a good one I think. Since I had started on my MAM a while ago - I think I just need one more strip, but I decided to start putting some strips together to see how it will look so far (I'm making a kind of big baby afghan and I have 5 strips done so far.)

Here are a couple of pics of what I have assembled so far... the colors are nicer in person, but you get the idea...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgnagy/3182811978/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bgnagy/3182811596/in/photostream/

The medallion strips sounds like a popular choice. That'll be a good one I think. Since I had started on my MAM a while ago - I think I just need one more strip, but I decided to start putting some strips together to see how it will look so far (I'm making a kind of big baby afghan and I have 5 strips done so far.)

Here are a couple of pics of what I have assembled so far... the colors are nicer in person, but you get the idea...

my gosh, it's lovely. It looks so delicate, and pretty.

I absolutely love your color combo....I was kinda lurking, and thinking about jumping in here (but only thinking) until I saw your pics...(the others are beautiful as well but this one grabbed me) I AM IN!!! I will pic colors when I get home from work...

I absolutely love your color combo....I was kinda lurking, and thinking about jumping in here (but only thinking) until I saw your pics...(the others are beautiful as well but this one grabbed me) I AM IN!!! I will pic colors when I get home from work...

Woohoo! It's so cool to be able to contribute to the corruption - uh, I mean welcoming of a new member to this CAL. Can't wait to see what you'll choose to make!

Thanks Julie (and everyone). The afghan is for my neice. She'll be turning one in March so I'll give it to her for her birthday. Even I should be able make one more strip and finish the assembly by then - I think!

That is STUNNING!

it's similiar to the medallian one. I tried the mohair with an I hook instead of a D and it's much easier to work with. I'm making a swatch for Mom's scarf - i'l be using the vintage Lace II pattern for that. Her Bday is in Feb and I want to get my crocheting done before I have surgery (cross your fingers - I go to see the surgeon for my carpel tunnel on the 14th.)

ps - is that a pattern you can share?

Hey gang! Sorry I was a little MIA today! DH and I had a lot of running to do today before heading back to work tomorrow so I was away from my computer. Once in a while you will see me respond from my Blackberry but its kind of a pain so I just read mostly! :D

Pickles thanks, I think I will go with the purple unless another colour catches my eye. How big are the strips by the way or do you make them as long as you want.

Wendy, I looked at the varigated you are using and for sure the purple. The blue isn't contrasting enough! :hook

That one.

Welcome Megan! :hug So glad you joined us! Not sure on that pattern though, have never done it so I'm no help.

Morning, gang ...

This was sliding down the page, so I thought I'd yank it back up closer to the top .

I went to get my yarn today for my MAM, and boy, our Walmart is sorely lacking in yarn lately. I "think" they told me once that this is inventory time so they don't keep things well stocked, but it's a shame to see the yarn department shrinking. They keep making the aisle shorter and shorter .

Anyhow, they didnt have the colors needed for my pattern, so I got 3 others, so we'll see how it comes together . They are matching, but I would have liked the original colors better .

I was too chicken to drive any farther. They say we have a humdinger snowstorm on the way, so I didnt want to go too far off .

Pickles, now I have already forgotten, but how often do we report in to you on inches/feet ,and is it on a particular day of the week that we report ?

Thanks for bumping us up! ;) My Wal-Mart is doing the same thing! Although I have quite a few Wal-Marts around me and I will have to say some are better than others! And adding new yarn like the 7 oz skeins of Vanna's!

You can just post your progress right here and I will keep track and keep a running total in the first post! Still trying to figure out a different way to calculate the miles though so that we have more winners!

I'm going to do the medalion strips for Dad's ghan. It's gORGEOUS! Too bad my fingers feel like sausages right now.

:hugs for those fingers!

ITS GORGEOUS!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

YAY!!! Welcome to the group! :yay

That is STUNNING!

it's similiar to the medallian one. I tried the mohair with an I hook instead of a D and it's much easier to work with. I'm making a swatch for Mom's scarf - i'l be using the vintage Lace II pattern for that. Her Bday is in Feb and I want to get my crocheting done before I have surgery (cross your fingers - I go to see the surgeon for my carpel tunnel on the 14th.)

ps - is that a pattern you can share?

:hug:hugGood luck with that surgery! I heard its a tough one and cross my fingers my carpel tunnel doesn't reach that point. According to my doctor though, my crocheting has helped mine! :hook

I think I have heard it called " Serial Starters Disease"

:rofl:rofl

Off to go to dinner with DH, More later! :manyheart

Pauline- yep, that must be the condition I have, Serial Starters Disease .Wonder what you should do about it if you get a bad case of it ?

and Pickles ---

I had a question about the strips -- I have the length of one strip done ,but not the other 2 rounds of the edging part, so do we count it as being a certain number of inches at this point, or when the other 2 rounds are on and it is a completed strip ?

Thanks -

Pauline- yep, that must be the condition I have, Serial Starters Disease .Wonder what you should do about it if you get a bad case of it ?

and Pickles ---

I had a question about the strips -- I have the length of one strip done ,but not the other 2 rounds of the edging part, so do we count it as being a certain number of inches at this point, or when the other 2 rounds are on and it is a completed strip ?

Thanks -

Completed strip! Get every inch out of it that you can!

Archived