Mile-a-minute-a-long!

That's a very pretty blanket Judy. I made a scarf once in that stitch or one very similar to it. I like working in that pattern.

I finally finished Natalie's MAM. I just need to wash and photograph it now. I tried taking pics yesterday - but it's been so overcast and gray here the last couple of days I couldn't get decent pictures, so I'll wait til the sun comes out and try again. I'm not complaining about the weather though - because it's warmed up by about 40 degrees or so these last few days so I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts before it gets super cold again!

:clap:clap:clap

Great Job on finishing! Can' wait to see pics!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys.

Wendy, the pattern doesn't really have a name. It's just "#2" (2nd place winner) from the book Contest Favorites Mile-a-Minute Afghans. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Contest-Favorites-Mile-Minute-Afghans/dp/1574867598/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234532205&sr=8-2

Thanks guys.

Wendy, the pattern doesn't really have a name. It's just "#2" (2nd place winner) from the book Contest Favorites Mile-a-Minute Afghans. Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Contest-Favorites-Mile-Minute-Afghans/dp/1574867598/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234532205&sr=8-2

I highly recommend this book! I have found a lot of patterns in this book that I love! Especially when Barbara gives the a new light with different colors! ;)

Well I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to get Grandma's MAM done by the time I go back to Iowa for her Birthday (the 19th) :sigh DH has been having some health issues so things have been extra crazy around here so I haven't gotten much done on it in the last few days and I realized we leave Thursday and I have to do laundry and pack before then and work everyday until then! :(

Barbara the finished MAM looks amazing, like always!

Pickles - Sorry your grandma's afghan won't be done in time - but don't lose heart. I've seen many a birthday/Christmas/Mother's Day etc come and go without having a project finished, I'm sure your grandma will be glad to receive the afghan whenever you get to it. Sorry about DH's health issues. Hope all is ok there. Also hope the trip goes well.

I managed to get one more strip done on both the restful rainbow and arrowhead MAMs. I must admit that I find the restful rainbow to be a bit boring to work on, but at least it's not difficult. It's for my daughter and I've started several for her and never finished any yet (Yes, I'm one of THOSE crocheters who doesn't always finish what she starts) so I really have to keep going on this one.

How are the rest of you doing out there?

I have one more strip to connect and then the border to do and I can't seem to pick it up and finish...(i am one of those crocheters too) I think they call it finishitis. I am also working on a diagonal afghan in Herrschners chenille, offwhite, burgandy and forest green for my son (he wants it 5 1/2 feet WIDE) and a rr in Vanna's choice in autumn colors off set with taupe. (only three or four rounds into it though.) and about a Hundred other pigs...that will some day become FO. or be frogged. GOTTA ORGANIZE!!!!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello out there. Our CAL has been in hibernation for a little while, but spring is almost here and I think it's time to revive it. Anybody with me?

I've been slowly but surely working on my Mile-a-Minutes. I've completed another strip on the Arrowhead and am working on the third. I also decided not to do the Restful Rainbow afghan (although I love the finished product as pictured I found it a little too boring to stitch) and decided to try Sunny Scallops (also from the Mile-a-Minute Afghans book) and I love it so far. I'm on the 2nd strip now, but need to buys some more yarn before I can keep going with it.

How are your projects going? Any new takers out there? MAMs are really fun to do...

I need to make 3 MAM scarves with chenille for Christmas presents (commission)...forgot where the patteren is:think

I need to make 3 MAM scarves with chenille for Christmas presents (commission)...forgot where the patteren is:think

Oops - is this something you've made before, Judy?

Sorry everyone! I've been MIA for a long while from crochetville entirely! Major health issues with my husband. still working those out. didn't get the blanket done for grandma but i'm SO glad i didn't. Got to iowa saw her recently redecorated living room and the colors i chose would have clashed terribly! whew could have been bad! anyways hope to be back soon for more chit chat. just been too crazy here

• 2 months later...

Archived