Ravelry Improved

rshseaeagle

Hi all,

Being somewhat "slow" :think when it comes to computers, I joined Ravelry and had a really hard time finding the free patterns and navigating through the site, so I just basically bagged it.

I did go there last night and was quite surprised that they have drastically improved the search engine since the last time I was there several months ago. You can actually search for just crochet patterns and just free crochet patterns now. I did find a number of patterns worth downloading and saving.

I just wanted to let all the other "slow" people here know that it is easier to navigate and worth another look if you like me decided it was too difficult before. :D

TLOL,

Toni :manyheart

Hi all,

I just wanted to let all the other "slow" people here know that it is easier to navigate and worth another look if you like me decided it was too difficult before. :D

TLOL,

Toni :manyheart

I just joined recently, still looking around and learning, but I think I will like it. Good idea to let others know about it being easier though...

:clap

I joined there awhile back and just started putting patterns there for free. I get lost every single time I go there. I can't find what I'm looking for.

I love it here because it's easy to find everythng!

Donna

So far I'm not really loving it. The community seems more uptight and the website is extremely hard to use. It's got a lot of cool stuff but it's just so hard to figure out how to use it that it's really off-putting. I joined after they made it easier to use and if that's "easy" I can't imagine how hard it was before.

I still can't figure out all the other things you can do on the site. I was just happy that I can get on and do a search for free crochet patterns. I know there are others on the 'ville that use it. I have found some of Katchkan's patterns on there and one or two others that I have seen on the 'ville. I wouldn't even begin to try the forums there as I agree they don't seem real user friendly. Right here is the best!!!!!!

I just wanted everyone to know that the patterns are easier to find. Before, forget it you could not find anything, which is why its been 4 or 5 months since I was even at the site.

TLOL,

Toni

I use Ravelry mostly to keep track of my stash now. I searched the forums and they don't really suit me. However, I haven't found a separate Knitting Forum where I can ask any questions that would be the equivalent to the 'ville yet.

I also like that you can put up info on the projects you've made on Ravelry, but I'm very bad about getting finished photos before I give out the stuff I've made! :blush

I keep trying to remember to take pictures of the stuff I give away and sometimes I do actually remember. I have given away so many different types of projects, quilting, sewing, counted cross stitch, crochet, knitting, etc,.etc.,etc., and now I really wish I had pictrures of alot of it.

Well maybe a piece of crochet thread tied around my finger would help me remember.

TLOL,

Toni

• 4 weeks later...

to easily find patterns on Ravelry just click on Patterns at the top, then just below the Search click on the Pattern Browser. At the top just click on free, crochet and only with patterns. Then scroll down and click on what type of patterns you want.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Because when they started, they probably had limited bandwidth, and they are still using the experimental Beta version, so rather than overwhelm it, they let a few thousand (or however) many new members join daily. I'm a computer imbecile, and I may have completely made that up, but it seems reasonable to me. :P But considering the wait was several weeks when I joined over a year ago, a couple of days is nothing. Ravelry has over 300,000 members, so the logistics of that site and its OS are probably very different from running our beloved C'ville. Patty

Well, that makes sense...that way, they have an idea of how much they are projected to expand.

I don't really mind the wait...I was just curious.

Once I figured out Ravelry I liked it. So many free patterns and I love being able to have my stash on there and even my needle sizes so I don't duplicate. I especially like the queue. I can see my WIMs and realize how crazy I am to think I'm ever gonna get all that done. :lol Then I go out and buy more patterns and yarn anyway. :P

I just joined ravelry too, about a month or so ago, and I got my invite really fast. I haven't figured out how to use the site yet, but I am learning. So far the only thing I know how to do is look at patterns and still have a little trouble doing that :lol:lol. I hope to learn more, as it is a little confusing to me on how to use the site. But, I do like it.

I just joined ravelry too, about a month or so ago, and I got my invite really fast. I haven't figured out how to use the site yet, but I am learning. So far the only thing I know how to do is look at patterns and still have a little trouble doing that :lol:lol. I hope to learn more, as it is a little confusing to me on how to use the site. But, I do like it.

Well it took awhile for me but I know how to down load pictures of my projects and how to add books that I have. Still have not put any pictures of my stash. Maybe one day when I have good stash like Noro. look me up I am happytee40.

I'm finally on Ravelry! My name there is PBELKNAP (I wanted "WildKnitter" but it was taken). It took 500 years just to enter all my WIPs. I just about ROTFL when I saw the category for "Stash." Sure...it would take me 2 weeks to go through my ENTIRE stash and record it out there <LOL>.

Archived