Has your Significant Other decided to buy you more yarn?

fc1123

Hahahaha! My hubby wouldn't know worsted weight from thread if it went up and bit him on the arse. So that would be a big fat NO. I suspect he actually thinks I'm insane when he looks at my stash.

• 2 weeks later...

I could only wish! He would be afraid of buying the wrong thing though. But he did buy me a yarn winder.

• 1 month later...

My significant other HAS bought me yarn and went with me a zillion times to get it. He's helped me pick out colors and tuck in GS tails (he does it better than me). He bought me Caron SS in a few colors for X-mas last year :)

It's been a while since finances are low, but my DH has surprised me with yarn many times. Usually it's RHSS and he buys a lot of the same colors that I wouldn't always choose, but hey, I'm just thrilled that he's thinking of me and bringing me yarn! He also suggests that I go yarn shopping every once in a while! :eek At the store he'll come by and tell be that I don't have enough skeins in my basket! :lol:yay

DH hasn't ever actually bought me yarn, but the only reason is because he's afraid he would come home with something that would be totally useless to me. He has come right out and told me that because he had mentioned that one day while he was in town, he had stopped at Dollar Tree and I jumped right in and said "Ooooh, did they have any yarn? You should have looked for yarn!" and that's when he told me that he would be afraid to do it in case it was something totally useless to me. He IS, however, completely supportive of my hobby and there have been many times when we have been shopping, I've been camped out in the yarn department, and he will pick up different skeins and say "this is a pretty color! It looks like it would go well with the stuff in the basket."

He HAS, however, bought me patterns. A couple of years ago he knew how badly I had wanted the Annie's Attic Indian Blanket pattern. I was in the process of trying to win it in an auction on Ebay. The auction was due to end while I was at work, and this was in the days before I was the manager here with the ability to go online while I was at work. I had been fretting before work that I was afraid I was going to lose the pattern since I would probably be outbid and everything would be over with by the time I got home from work. Since we don't keep anything from each other, he knows all of my passwords, and bless his heart, he went online, went to Ebay, and actually got into a bidding war for the pattern! I'm glad he did, because he got me the pattern, and I'm also glad it was him who made the decision to do it because he ended up bidding up to $42 for it! I NEVER would have dared spend that much on a pattern and when I asked him about it, he said "I would have spent TWICE that much on it if I had to because I knew how much you wanted it." Just one of the reasons why I love him so much! :manyheart Well, that, and the fact that he weaves in ends for me now. :manyheart

I WISH MINE WOULD!!! but he always grones when I come home with more, n ask's me what was wrong with what I alrady had.. I gotta tell him each time "BUT I DIDNT HAVE THIS COLOR" lol

He has! When he bought me my knifty knitter for Christmas, he bought me at least $20 worth of yarn to go with it. (RHSS) There have been other times he has gone to walmart and came home with yarn for me. When I asked why he did it, he said he figured I'd like the color.

Over half the yarn I have he has bought me.

• 5 weeks later...

My husband doesn't care if I buy yarn, and he "bought" some while we were at a store the other day for him and our daughter to give me for my birthday. I don't think he would pick out yarn on his own for me though, as he wouldn't know what was a good price, what colours or weight I need or want, not to mention I do such a good job of keeping my stash stocked on my own and could probably manage for a year on what I already have! :laughroll

He has! When he bought me my knifty knitter for Christmas, he bought me at least $20 worth of yarn to go with it. (RHSS) There have been other times he has gone to walmart and came home with yarn for me. When I asked why he did it, he said he figured I'd like the color.

Over half the yarn I have he has bought me.

He sounds like a real keeper.

Reading some of these responses really has touched me. You all have some great guys. My hubby would never go into a store on his own and buy yarn, but when we are on vacation he goes into yarn stores with me and picks out sock yarn for himself (I knit the socks) and encourages me to get some yarn for myself. I feel very blessed to have him be supportive of my hobby/obsession.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My boyfriend will buy me yarn if I specify what brand and color. He also lets me know when yarn goes on clearance where he works, and he will tell me which yarn color he prefers when I can't choose. One day, a couple of months ago, he sat with me for an hour trying to untangle this HUGE knot that came out of the center of the skein! I couldn't ask for anyone better! As to whether or not he will just buy yarn to give to me as a gift...probably not, because he would want me to get the colors and type of yarn I want. He'd be more likely to designate a monetary amout I could spend...

Archived