Has your Significant Other decided to buy you more yarn?

fc1123

ok I gave up on my dog sweater and when my fiance saw me taking the yarn apart he asked why I was doing that I said I'm frogging it people do it all the time and that the yarn would be fine he said why are you doing that when we can buy more yarn so my question is Has your significant other decided to buy you more yarn? Lol

Umm, you bet he has. He is out on the road on Tuesdays doing merchandising at stores, he ALWAYS checks out the yarn dept. He has bought it home on more than one occassion. He knows about as much as I do about pricing and colors.

what a great guy!! my husband is always happy to hop in the car with me late at night and go to wal-mart for a yarn run, but he has never actually just bought me some.

what a great guy!! my husband is always happy to hop in the car with me late at night and go to wal-mart for a yarn run, but he has never actually just bought me some.

I had a person ask me to make a scarf in a certain color I was not familiar with and my hubby said "I know just where to find that yarn in that shade of blue":lol

Yes, DH got me 4 of the samplers from Knitpicks for Christmas. I got the yarn yesterday since we don't know if we are staying here or spending Christmas with our families yet, his present is new skis since he is now a Ski Patrol candidate, and he can never wait for surprises. :manyheart

He has bought me yarn, but I have to ask. I have to write down what kind I want and the color and all that stuff. LOL He has bought me patterns too even though he knew I really don't need them. I asked him for that too. We keep our money seperate so I can do basically whatever I want with my money provided the bills I take care of are paid and we have food in the house.

• 2 weeks later...

No. I have to battle with him so to speak to give me money to buy sock yarn to make him the pair of socks he wants! My husband has not ever just went out and bought me yarn. Maybe once I get my stash real low maybe he will surprise me and buy me yarn then.

Not yet, but I can see it happening. I was talking to him a few weeks ago about wanting to make an afghan but having trouble with spending more money on yarn than I would just buying a blanket at Target (my crafty side fighting with my thrifty side). He told me, "Yeah, but if you make it yourself it'll be so much better." :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you kidding? :laughroll The other day my DH told me to burn my stash! :eek He backed off when I pointed out that most of it is acrylic and would just melt.

I'm pretty sure he was only half serious....:P

well i have been on a yarn buying freeze for a few months due to finances. :(There is a light at the end of the tunnel tho.:) DH says that when the tax return arrives I get to spend $100 on yarn and thread.:cheer:clap

:lol on sunday my dh was helping a friend move some things and they had to go radio shack and next to it was Joann. dh calls me and says do you need anything.:lol I said you dont have enough money to go in there for me!:lol but it was really sweet of him to think of me!!:hug

No, I have a small stash (compared to before we were married) -- it fills about a basket. He keeps making comments about getting rid of "all that yarn." I keep reminding him that he shares some personality traits with Monk.:D

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

My sig other has never bought/will never buy yarn for me, but goes with me when I buy it. He suggested not buying 'this' color, that's an old lady's color, take that one instead (I crochet caps for hospital babies); also take this skein it has its plastic wrapper, that one doesn't. He verbally supports my addiction.

Yes, my boyfriend has bought me yarn and I didnt even have to ask...it was wonderful he even picked out pretty colors :) he makes me proud!

My BF has been very supportive of my hobby. Anytime we get near any store that sells yarn he is always asking if I want to stop in. Granted finances are a little tight right now (He is just getting back to work full time after a back injury) he always says you'll never know what we can find on clearance. :D

Archived