calling all pattern horders!

mimi602

I'm a pattern horder. I have 3 notebooks full of patterns that I have yet to try. Just out of curiosity.. How many different patterns have u done at one time? I'm currently working on 2 patterns right now. I've tried working on 3 different patterns at once and I went bonkers:eek. Two is good for me so that if it's a particularly long pattern i can switch to the other one if it starts to get monotonous.

9 binders full of patterns from internet, 2 plastic magazine holders with pamphlets, 1 box with small pamphlets, 5 hard cover books (all on shelves) and 2 binders with WIPS and WIMS. Actual projects being worked are usually 2, and a 3rd that is all crocheted but needing sewing or embellishments.

My WIM folder is things I fell in love with and want to make this year. WIPS are projects pulled from other binders for events that I have to make items for, ie: presents, charities,

and is right now full of stuff I have made, am still making or plan to make for Christmas and my grandson's birthday on 12/31.

I usually put finished project patterns in a file called "refile in binders" but that bin is overflowing right now, :lol, just don't want to take the time to file until all are done so I have been putting sticky notes on them (marked done) and leaving them in the WIP binder. This room is so tiny I have to try and stay as organized as possible.

My getting older and having senior moments could be another reason too....:lol.

I don't have a lot from the internet. Just a TON of magazines in various places. I've been collecting since the late 80s. I think one year I subscribed to a lot (2 thread, maybe 3 others), had to stop as it was too expensive and just choose my favorites. Yes they published a lot at that time. A bunch of hard bound pattern books (some combined with other crafts). Lots that were bought from second hand stores for very little (the little Annie's or Hooked on Crochet or Q&E Crochet are mostly 50 cents).

Now for projects. Well it can be lots. Especially if some are easy. Right now I'm concentrating on my friends christmas afghan. But I have the 6-24 AA RR as a WIP. A shawl as a WIP (mistakes in pattern so I'm working through it). I like having different things, even with different patterns. The only thing that confuses me is if I use the same hook, then I have to remember if I changed hooks or not (I do because of my guage) but someone here gave me a great idea, to put a letter bead on a safety pin and pin the start of the project.

Oh and you forgot to ask about hooks. I have several in the same size. Because I have so many WIPs:blush I need more then one hook. Plus I have some here at work for when I don't bring a WIP with me (like my friends afghan that is too huge to even tote to the car to go out and do at lunch, easy in the house). Plus I found some at a second hand store that were $1 (although some say 45 cents printed on them or even 25 cents :)) that was before walmart with their $1.29 hooks. So I collected a lot.

Debbi

Oh my the most I can work on at once is 4-5 or I start confusing the patterns or loosing the patterns:eek I have one big project that has to get finished in the next couple of months a bed spread but you can't tote that with you so there are any number of hats or scarves or afghans or thread crochet going at once. I too have a number of the same crochet hook for this very reason! I have never been one of the finish one thing before you start another types. :lol

I have a couple of hundred crochet books, not to mention tons of magazines, internet printed patterns, free leaflets and the paperback type books (like Leisure Arts, ASN, that type). That doesn't include the regular craft books. Patterns that are printed from the internet are in binders according to type and folders.

Anyway, I usually have at least three to four projects going at once. Each has their own hook and tote bag where it stays till I work on it next.

LI Roe

I probably have EVERY free ami and doll pattern from the internet! Plus I have bought a lot from etsy and ebay. I have what I consider to be a lot of patterns. I try to only do one project at a time. Otherwise I won't do it! LOL I usually only do small projects.

I've got at least 7 active WIPs with patterns, plus several others that don't have patterns as well as UFOs.

2 3" 3 ring binders and The Crochet Stitch Bible. Everything in the binders is a free pattern that I found online

"Hello, my name is Deb and I'm a horder". I have an entire bookcase and large tote plus a basket with a lid that if just FULL of patterns! If I lived 5 lifetimes I couldn't possibly make them all! I do have my favorites which are in a couple different file folders and then there's my "For Sure Gonna Make in the Near Future" pile.

I try to only work on one project at a time. I've learned that if I start something else then I never finish that first project. Not to say that I don't have several WIP's around!

How many of you do this....buy the kits (afghan's or whatever) from Herschnerrs and then never make them? I have about 6 of them!

Yes, I'm a definite pattern (and yarn) horder!

:lol:lol I just recently organized all my patterns and I think I have 8 binders full and just started on the 9th and it is almost full. I have several pattern books, pamphlets and a few magazines. I also have a huge stack of patterns I just printed off last week that has yet to be put into notebooks. Currently :eek:eek I am working on 7 ghans, several kitchen items, several bookmarkers/thongs, several hats, 3 or 4 scarves, a shawl, a couple of snowmen, a baby blanket (:think as I look around the room at my active WIPs :lol) oh and a couple of purses. I think that is it. I always have a lot going and some how I manage to finish them all. I don't usually pull my patterns out of the notebooks so I don't have to go back and refile, unless I can't remember the pattern (but usually I can) and I choose to take that particular item out with me some where.

So :yes:yesyes I am a pattern and :yarn:yarn horder, but wouldn't have it any other way. I just can't ever have enough of either one. The more yarn and patterns I have the happier I am :lol:D.

Oh I have way, way too many patterns :eek I have several binders full of printed ones, & hard books, & magazines. I could never live long enough to even begin to do them all :P Yet here I am collecting more! I usually only work on 2 things at the same time. One is usually plastic canvas to give a break on the type of movement I do

I think I have complete Magic and Decorative crochet magazines, Magic one is printed up to 155 (I think) and decorative crochet one is also over 100. I also have Burda, Sabrina, Diana, some French magazines, Russian,Chez, Japanese books and Turkish magazines.

I do not print from internet, I also have many many patterns already made with small threads as square or round mini pieces, they mostly made with size 50 threads, just enough to see what the patterns are.

I make 2-3 thread pieces going on most of the time, Usually one of them is big piece and 2 of them are about 13-14 inches projects. Sometimes I have to squize another project(s) when have to.

I almost forgot, I have huge amount of threads too

Demet

I have hundreds of patterns in my collections of book, magazines, leaflets, printed from the web binders. The thread and yarn take up another room in the house. Right now I'm doing nothing and haven't for about a month or more. Just can't seem to start anything. Nothing has jumped up and said make me. It is driving me crazy not doing anything, so I'm reading.

Marcia

:lol These posts are so funny. I actually have 3 binders full of them,not notebooks, not to mention the pattern library I have on my computer of patterns I collected from the internet. I forgot to mention the 10 crochet magazines I have full of patterns and I'm still collecting pattern.Thanks ladies for making me feel better about the hundreds of patterns I have. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Yes I too am a pattern hoarder!:). I can never have enough patterns or yarn or thread or hooks or more patterns or even more patterns.

I like the rest of us addicts could live many many lifetimes and never get everything made. I will not buy patterns as there are so many available on the internet for free. I do not store them on the computer as I have lived through crashes several times and would absolutely die if I lost my patterns.

The current patterns I am working with and my favorites are in a binder the others are in a file cabinet and my nightstand ;).

My sons closet is full of the other craft patterns and the sewing patterns and material are in totes in the basement. The yarn and threads are in totes in various places throughout the house.

I can only manage two projects at once. I get to confused if I have more than that going on. I'm kind of a fanatic that I have to get one project finished before I start another. I usually have a more complicated project and a no brainer going on at one time. That way if I am really tired and can't concentrate, I just do the no brainer.

Yes I am a pattern and thread and yarn addict and I am hopelessly incurable. :lol

TLOL,

Toni

Archived