2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I didn't get any crocheting done today. I'm pretty close to finishing a skein on my granny square blanket. I'll be buying a lot of yarn soon so I need to get to work tomorrow and get some points.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished another ball of eco friendly yarn and am half way through a second last night. So +1 making a total of +20 for the week. Hubby has Dr appointment today, so I will surely get a lot done waiting there.

I would like to join and do a little stashbusting. A couple of weeks ago I managed to round up all my yarn into 1 room. I had boxes and bags of it in almost every room in the house. I ended up with 1 large tote and 2 medium sized boxes full. I don't have any projects in mind that will require new yarn but several scrap projects, mainly baby blankets. I'll see what I get finished this week and try to post in time on Saturday.

Welcome aboard Jennifer. This is a great place to hang out and commiserate and celebrate with our attempts to control the yarn that controls us :rofl

Well I made that scarf and I still have some left so now I need to make a small scarf with even less yarn than I had for the last one... :sigh

Welcome aboard Jennifer. This is a great place to hang out and commiserate and celebrate with our attempts to control the yarn that controls us :rofl

Well I made that scarf and I still have some left so now I need to make a small scarf with even less yarn than I had for the last one... :sigh

Well it would make a nice scarf for a little kid.:hook

I know the I love this yarn is good but I've never used their I love this cotton or wool though one of these days I do plan on trying it to find out

I used 2 balls on the Mystery CAL (+2) :clap. Could be a basket or hat :think. I figured out how to make bunny pins, so I used up a small ball (+1) :cheer. I'm going to check if there's any more to the Mystery CAL and find out what I made :lol.

WTD: + 4 YTD: +48

Ellie 13

Hi gals! I haven't dropped off the face of the Eart, I have been hand quilting and it gets addicting as crocheting for me. I also finished a book this week.

What did you read? I just started Star Trek Movie Memories by William Shatner.

I finished a sleeve on my jacket. Only one more to go. No points today though.

Hi Holly!

I've never tried the I Love yarns, I dont think they have them around where I live. Are they good?

I've only used the "I Love This Cotton" and it is incredibly soft! Much softer than Peaches & Cream. I'm working on a plan for a bedspread. I'm planning on making squares & washing them before assembly to allow for shrinkage. I think it's going to be the perfect weight.

I've only used the "I Love This Cotton" and it is incredibly soft! Much softer than Peaches & Cream. I'm working on a plan for a bedspread. I'm planning on making squares & washing them before assembly to allow for shrinkage. I think it's going to be the perfect weight.

Wish I could try it, but I'm not too big on ordering things I can't feel before buying.

I've finished the Mystery CAL :cheer. It was intended to be a decorative hat, but with all the different threads/yarns people used you had many options. Some made baskets (added handles) or put candles/flower pots in them. There was even a T.P. cover :lol. I used 2 balls finishing mine (+2).

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 50

Ellie 13

Well...I used up 1 skein and 4 balls of yarn yesterday finishing a baby coat and a cover for the front of my fur babies kennel. :clap

Then I went to Hobby Lobby tonight...and 8 skeins of clearence yarn wouldn't let me leave without them. :eek

WTD -10

YTD +72

Archived