2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a touch of startitis this week, started a lot of projects and didn't finish much. But I managed to knock my negative score down a little bit.

WTD -2 YTD +29

Edited to add 2 points for a skein I finished on my jacket. woo hoo!

So I keep buying more yarn but I'm excited to start using it all and it ALL has plans right now. Just stocked up on my I hooks again (keep loosing them) including a really pretty one from etsy and a bamboo one. :hook

-14 WTD / +8 YTD

I was sick with a nasty snotty cold most of the week, so I couldn't crochet much (blowing nose constantly and working with yarn just don't mix!). I was finally able to get back into it yesterday, but I'm working on a pounder for a baby afghan, so no points for that (I already got the +1 for working it down to ball stage a week or two ago). But with being so sick I wasn't out shopping either, so no new yarn came home. Therefore my score this week is

WTD 0/YTD +37

WTD: +4

YTD: +6

Probably my last week at + for a while. Gotta buy at least 4 more skeins of yarn to finish my granny square. And I'm thinking about doing the Cut-Away Cardi, which I need something like 10 skeins for my size. Sigh, I'll have to work yard to get back in the pluses after that! :think

Well, thanks to Kim's Double Ended Tunisian class, I've managed to bust a ball. That box of yarn is still waiting to go in the mail. Maybe next week.

Anyway, my score WTD +1/YTD -63

Evil Silver Haired Old Lady (aka my mom that I love) convinced me and my aunt (her sister) to go to the fantabulous yarn sale today at AC Moore and she bought

me :sigh 84 (yes that is EIGHTY FOUR) skeins of yarn. That doesn't even include what she bought my aunt and my cousin who wasn't even there and she bought another 20 some skeins of yarn for me to make her an afghan but I convinced her to take them home and I will come to her house and make the afghan that way I don't have to add those to my score ;):P So I have totally gone into the negative in a huge way and will be working my fingers to the bone to try to get back.

So the score for this week for me is

WTD -168 +4 = 164 YTD -112

but that is okay because I have lots of fantabulous new yarn to play with. :woo:yay:clap:cheer and I so :manyheart my mommy ;)

she bought me :sigh 84 (yes that is EIGHTY FOUR) skeins of yarn.

HOLY COW!! I am so jealous! :clap I think the negative score would be worth it to look around and see 84 new skeins of yarn! I might pass out. Oh, I'm being an enabler - what I meant to say is: bad girl! :rofl

I finished a skein just now so I'll count it toward the new week since it's technically Sunday anyway. Won't be around much tomorrow, have a toddler birthday party to attend. Everyone have a good crochet day! :hook

TIE FOR GOLD MEDAL!

+28 dragonpuck

+28 econ-nerd

+19 pineknott SILVER MEDAL!

+18 Miss Scarlet BRONZE MEDAL!

+12 Braxxi

+12 CLLinda

+8 KellyA

+8 Legalwoman17

+6 Ellie13

+6 hseger

+6 jura2908

+6 unicorn37757

+5 JennyBunny

+4 a stitchintime

+4 Jessicagil

+4 karishema

+4 lhapsaapsolady

+4 Marzee

+4 TexasSugar

+2 aphelia

+2 BigPinkPolkaDot

+2 darski

+2 DesertCrocheter

+2 mar3185

+1 CraftyWitch

0 ArielManx

0 basjordan

-4 fc1123

-4 Jain

-6 CroJulee

-14 Kiwikitti

-37 Mandii

-164 Daugherty4inNC SHOOT THE MOON and object of much jealousy.

+159 Legalwoman17 GOLD MEDAL!

+110 lhapsaapsolady SILVER MEDAL!

+105 pineknott BRONZE MEDAL!

+102 dragonpuck

+78 Braxxi

+71 jura2908

+56 DesertCrocheter

+55 Jessicagil

+44 Ellie 13

+37 Ariel Manx

+27 Jain

+21 aphelia