2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

:hi

no stash busted for me yet this week, but no shopping either :cheer

p.s. I am really enjoying the adventures of the ugly green yarn! :rofl You guys are a crack up! :lol:rofl:lol:rofl

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a scarf last night using up two skeins of yarn.

So I am at a +8 for the week so far. Horray!

:manyheart

I need to catch up on my posting: I used 1 ball on the scrapghan (+1) I finally finished my first skein on the knitting project (+2) and I used 3 skeins on the striped top. (+6) for a total WTD of +9. I need to use 3 more balls before the delivery comes from Herrschnerrs, so my YTD will stay above the negatives!!!! Current YTD +37.

I received a package from a lady I did a LYS with at Raverly and she sent me some really nice yarn, 2 balls of sock yarn, and 2 balls of wool, plus my mum gave me some yarn as well, 1 full ball and 1 partial ball.

So that adds up to -11:eek

Hey, I have a dumb question...does it count for your score if you give yarn away?

Yes. You get +2 for any skein and +1 for balls that leave your stash. This can be used by you or given to someone else to be used by them. That skein/ball would no longer be in your stash and your numbers should reflect that.

I am going to admit that I am rather planning a yarn binge tomorrow - weather permitting :rofl

I plan to go to Walmart as I need to get some yarn for someone else.. yah heard this one before :? and I plan to get some cotton, at least, for myself. I know from past experience that I will look at that yarn and decide whether it is worth those 2 points. interestingly enough it is not always the case :wlol

I worked on getting the bunny ears to look good, but they don't fit the body. I frogged the body and started over. One small ball on the ears (+1) :cheer. One body turned into a ball (-1) :angry. Score: unchanged, still + 3. Hope to get more done by Sat. Cotton on sale at Michaels and I have coupons too :eek.

Ellie 13

I'm waiting for a really good deal on Lion Brand Sock-Ease. I have a knitting pattern for leg warmers that requires two balls....I just don't have the money to spend 20 dollars on two skeins of yarn.

Those Michaels coupons are really really tempting.

I finished my afghan (stash from 4-5 years ago!) and used up 1 skein plus have 2 partial skeins, so -4 (right?). However, I had to get yarn for the tunisian scarf class, so up 2. So, -2 WTD.

I am going to admit that I am rather planning a yarn binge tomorrow - weather permitting :rofl

I plan to go to Walmart as I need to get some yarn for someone else.. yah heard this one before :? and I plan to get some cotton, at least, for myself. I know from past experience that I will look at that yarn and decide whether it is worth those 2 points. interestingly enough it is not always the case :wlol

:rofl... "no, no, it's not mine...it's for...for... my friend! Yeah... My Friend!" :rofl

Have a good time, Darski, however it turns out...

Hi,

I'm sorry I haven't been posting. I've gotten busy with so many other things and was traveling to boot. I just got home from another trip to NY yesterday and found more yarn waiting for me in the mail. So even though I'm late for totals here is my totals as it now stands. I will try to do better about posting in the future. I am crocheting but it is random and going very slowly. I do have a question though, does it count if you use up a skein of yarn on another craft project that isn't crocheting or knitting, For example: I found a pattern for a wreath that calls for the styrofoam form to be wrapped in yarn before you add the decorations. Will that get me any good points? Thanks and again sorry for not posting earlier.

YTD= -50

Hi,

I'm sorry I haven't been posting. I've gotten busy with so many other things and was traveling to boot. I just got home from another trip to NY yesterday and found more yarn waiting for me in the mail. So even though I'm late for totals here is my totals as it now stands. I will try to do better about posting in the future. I am crocheting but it is random and going very slowly. I do have a question though, does it count if you use up a skein of yarn on another craft project that isn't crocheting or knitting, For example: I found a pattern for a wreath that calls for the styrofoam form to be wrapped in yarn before you add the decorations. Will that get me any good points? Thanks and again sorry for not posting earlier.

YTD= -50

Welcome home... did you see the light we kept in the window? :candle

any way that you use yarn is good for the points.

Archived