2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting early. Used up a skein of that rotten homespun knitting a scarf. It's even hard to knit with. But I got it finished last night. Horray.

WTD=-3 YTD=+17

I ordered yarn from Knitpicks, so I'll be in the negatives next week, too. Yikes.

:manyheart

Posting my score now as working over the weekend and might not get chance to.

Used up 3 partial balls making squares for the SAL and re-wound the balls, so that's +6

Received a package of Caron Simply Soft Broghts this morning from Wendy, I got 8 skeins, 4 partial and 4 full, so thats -12

Making this weeks total -6

I would like to join this CAL as this is exactly what I am doing right now. I've been crocheting a ripple afghan for charity, using up leftover yarns.

Phyllis

My score

so far:

+5

:welcome Cablegal! Glad you're joining the fun!

I'm hoping I'll get another skein done tonight after I get off work so I'll wait to post my score until the very last minute. :D

I won't be getting any more done today. I'm taking my son to Chuck E Cheese's for the first time!

oh you poor, poor soul!!! JK---the first time I took my Sonshine there it was awful!!! He was 2 and he is a quiet person so it was a little over the top and Momma about had to take a kid out when he literally pushed my Sonshine over and stepped on his back to get into the overhead tube---yea, really....that little boy had a looooong walk to introduce me to his mother and father!!! Of course now we go and good luck getting out of there in under 3 hours!!!!

Really though, it is a magic place for a kid--have fun!

I probably won't get anything else used up enough for points today so I'll go ahead and post and update it if I get anything else used up.

WTD +1

I'm just glad it's the first month and I'm not going way negative :D Chipping away at the -16 YTD :lol

Woo Hoo!!!:cheer Enjoy it while it lasts!!!:lol

I'm going to go ahead and post my score for the week. I don't know that I'll get any crochet time in tomorrow, plus even if I do I'm still working with some stupid pounders! :lol All I'm doing is making the same balls smaller!

So, thanks to selling 38 skeins of yarn, my score this week is:

WTD +76/YTD +77

:yay

My score will never be this good again so I'm going to revel in it while it lasts! :lol

There was another post about this question a few pages back I think.

I believe that the answer to her question was what ropergirl3 said. Any fiber gained is a -

Hi all. i used one skein this week, but i have a question. i have to rip my project and start over with a larger needle. can i still count the skein i used or just give myself a zero for the week? :think

Laura

There was another post about this question a few pages back I think.

I believe that the answer to her question was what ropergirl3 said. Any fiber gained is a -

thanks. what a bummer:sigh better luck next week!

so that leaves me with -2 WTD/ -9 YTD

I went to play with yarn this morning with my knitting friends. They all had decided to submit a knit item to the county fair this year just for fun. "They accept crochet items too! Come on, Jana, join in with us!" :2eek No idea of what to submit, then I had a light bulb moment. :idea I have a pattern for a tulip afghan! Perfect! Came home and ordered what I needed from my fav on line yarn store.:compute $50 or more is free shipping. I was just $20 or so short. I can't remember how many skeins were in my order, but I am thinking it was about 20.:shop There goes that positive score once that box hits my doorstep. :yell

On a good note, tho, most of those skeins will be gone once that afghan is done. Have been wanting to make one for a friend of mine anyways.

Hello. My name is Rose, and I am a Yarnaholic. Whoops! Thought this was the YA group.:lol I bleewww it. I went to the Mighty Dollar (just another Dollar Tree) and OMG! they had expanded their yarn section. So many Lion Brand yarns. Chenille, Suede, baby, cotton, thread, worsted weight, wool, homespun...:drool:loco 3 times the size of my local Wal-Mart. I bought 38 skeins for no reason other than the suede and chenille was beautiful:blush. I guess I will be making cowls for Christmas this year. so my score for WTD = -80 YTD = -78.:eek

Hello. My name is Rose, and I am a Yarnaholic. Whoops! Thought this was the YA group.:lol I bleewww it. I went to the Mighty Dollar (just another Dollar Tree) and OMG! they had expanded their yarn section. So many Lion Brand yarns. Chenille, Suede, baby, cotton, thread, worsted weight, wool, homespun...:drool:loco 3 times the size of my local Wal-Mart. I bought 38 skeins for no reason other than the suede and chenille was beautiful:blush. I guess I will be making cowls for Christmas this year. so my score for WTD = -80 YTD = -78.:eek

Oh.. but what a downfall :yay

I like a person who is willing to enjoy the yarn no matter the points against. :ghug

I have several skeins of blue, heather and rose chenille yarn for no other reason than they are pretty and so very, very soft. :dreaming

Archived