The Celts Vintage Site is Closed Down!!

amhmsh

Actually, shutting down the site will probably give the ebay seller more customers--she already has the files and the absence of the site isn't going to affect his/her selling practices now. I'm not really sure who would pay for patterns that were available for free, but now...if they are not available...there may be more folks willing to buy.

Bad guys win. :( It's a shame.

Actually, shutting down the site will probably give the ebay seller more customers--she already has the files and the absence of the site isn't going to affect his/her selling practices now. I'm not really sure who would pay for patterns that were available for free, but now...if they are not available...there may be more folks willing to buy.

I agree.

I loved that site. It is a shame it's down.

Totally. It's a real disappointment. :( Maybe she'll change her mind after a while. One can only hope. I love to create vintage doilies for family members, and her site had the most variety. She obviously worked hard on that site; it doesn't make much sense to take it all down after all that. Everyone I know on here really appreciated it.

I think it's getting to the point where you just need to save everything on your own computer because it all disappears in a second online. :(

This really Stinks!!!!! :angry It is amazing how one greedy person can ruin a really nice thing. Celty worked so hard on her site and the patterns she provided were a wonder. I am so mad, not at her, but at the person who stole what does not belong to them to try to make a quick buck. :angry

Does anyone know how to contact her? I would love to suggest that maybe there is a way she could make her patterns available again by some sort of subscription. I know I hate to loose access to all these wonderful patterns and would have no problem paying her to provide the service she worked so hard to provide to all who treasure the vintage crochet patterns. I haven't had alot of time to think it through but maybe she could do a newsletter or a purchase program of some sort. I for one would have no problem paying for a subscription method of some fashion.

I always thought it made a gift more special by having it be a vintage pattern. It was like keeping a lost treasure alive.

Any help in finding a way to contact her would be greatly appreciated.

TLOL, :manyheart

Toni

I loved this site. I was just there looking for something a couple days ago. A few years ago I printed alot of the patterns, but not nearly all I wanted. I guess I should have just gone ahead and done them all. Darn the bad guys. They always ruin things for us good people.

Marcia

It is such a shame.:angry So many people lose out because of one greedy person. There ought to be a way to punish them:grr I'm going to miss that site too!

There is. At the bottom of every pattern, it says

Copyright 2000-2006 Celt's Vintage Crochet

All Rights Reserved

by selling the patterns, they are violating her copyright.

This is sad to hear. There are no quality lace patterns for sale right now. I have seen the digital .pdf vintage lace patterns for sale on Ebay(probably hers) so I know what she is talking about. If E-bay sticks to their word in copyright violations, she could have contacted E-bay and had the infringing parties removed from E-bay.

I am so upset! I loved those patterns. I went to e-bay to see who was selling her patterns and on one of them the picture given says "c Celt's Vintage Crochet" All of the others had the pictures altered. This is so depressing!

Post I made in the other thread about the closing of celtwich's site:

Warning: I have had to remove quite a few posts from this thread, because people are posting information on how to use various back door methods to access the patterns Celtwich has removed from her website.

I understand people are upset at the loss of these patterns. But Celtwich has chosen to take down her site. While the patterns she had posted may be in the public domain, the patterns as she typed them up and formatted them on her site are indeed copyright to her. By posting and telling potentially thousands of people how to go around and find back door methods to access those patterns against her wishes, we would effectively be committing contributory copyright infringement.

To protect Crochetville from any legal issues, I must ask that people not use posts, private messages, or email through the forum to share or discuss ways of accessing Celtwich's patterns, unless the information is how to contact Celtwich directly to get the patterns directly from her.

Again, if anybody finds a working email address for Celtwich, please send that to me via PM. I have an offer/suggestion to make to her.

Archived