What's the wackiest thing that you have carried your crochet project in?

I use an ammo bag. :eek I've never used it to carry ammunition in so it's clean. LOL

It has an adjustable strap and a large front flap that buckles. The heavy duty fabric even withstands my tiny metal hooks.

Most folk don't know what it is but when I carry it on the military base some people look a little sideways at me :lol.

Instead of carrying ammo, I'm carrying mitten or baby booties. Got to love that!

Michelle in Southern AZ

I have one WIP that I have in a plastic bag we give patients to bring back 24 urine collections. I was at work and my other bag ripped. It has the name of the lab, a biohazard symbol and says urine specimen. My warped sense of humor thinks its kind of funny so I still use it.

My lab tech sense of humor thinks its hilarious....I wonder if you could use a 24 hour urine collection container to hold a skein of yarn....poke a large enough hole in the top, you could thread the yarn through....hmmmmm....ideas, ideas....

After making fun of my sister's enormous purse, she bought me one as a joke. Jokes on her, though. It has a separate zippered section on the bottom of the purse and it is just the right size to hold a couple skeins of yarn, hook, scissors, etc. I also have different baskets that I separate my projects into. Sometimes I just grab one of those.

I carry my projects around in the earth friendly bags you can get for a buck at the local grocery store. I noticed that my knitting needles poked right through them, though, so I used a bubble wrap filled envelope to put them in. I now use the envelopes for my smaller crochet projects, too.

My daughter's old "Goin to Grandma's" suitcase. Actually I use a lot of her old cases, glad now I never cleaned out the basement LOL.

I also use a cooler I bought at Target this past summer. It is soft on the outside with a large zipper pocket on front and a flat pocket on back, shoulder strap, inside a hard plastic insert but the best thing is on top there is a small lift up flap I can pull yarn through if I want to. I use a smaller lunchbox along the same line with an outside pocket to carry small projects.

After making fun of my sister's enormous purse, she bought me one as a joke. Jokes on her, though. It has a separate zippered section on the bottom of the purse and it is just the right size to hold a couple skeins of yarn, hook, scissors, etc. I also have different baskets that I separate my projects into. Sometimes I just grab one of those.

I have one of those humungous purses too. I usually have a small project in it and also have room to pack my lunch, thermos of coffee, 1 or 2 bottles of water, extra pencils (I'm a substitute teacher) crossword puzzle book or paperback and the usual purse paraphenalia. I love it but it sure can get heavy! LOL!

I have several 2 liter soda bottles my grandgirl ripped the label off.. take off the plastic on the bottom cut a hole in the bottle... put your skein of yar in with string coming out the lttle hole on top then put the plastic back on the bottom ... works great...

I have one WIP that I have in a plastic bag we give patients to bring back 24 urine collections. I was at work and my other bag ripped. It has the name of the lab, a biohazard symbol and says urine specimen. My warped sense of humor thinks its kind of funny so I still use it.

:lolToo funny! love it

One of my 'yarn-tainers' is the largest (CLEAN!) specimen bucket the hospital has, with a hole drilled on the lid.

i have used:-

handbags,

laptop bags,

enviro bags,

the clear zip up bags my linen came in,

space bags,

ziplock lunch bags

brown paper bags

cardboard boxes

mobile phone bags with the long handles, they are great for a ball of crochet cotton.

any plastic container i can find thats the right size.. i have a mini teddy WIP in a Tupperware babies divided dish with a lid on it.. have the joints and materials all seperated :D

ive also used, washing baskets, bins, tool boxes (my bead collection is in the tool box my mum bought me.. also doubles as a step as it is designed to withstand being stood on by an adult :D

I use a frosting container to carry my work in progress to work and back. You know the kind for ready made frosting. I punch a hole in the top just big enough to stick my hook through. It holds a ball of DMC thread beautifully and I don't have to worry about it getting dirty in that container. I just take the lid off when I am crocheting. I used to thread the thread through the hole, but I didn't like smashing the thread when I closed it up to carry someplace else. It will hold one ball of thread and my project normally.

I have been doing this for years. Have carried it into restaurants, doctor's office, work, traveling in the car. DH loves it when I wear one out. Means I will have to do something with frosting.................:D

I use a frosting container to carry my work in progress to work and back. You know the kind for ready made frosting. I punch a hole in the top just big enough to stick my hook through. It holds a ball of DMC thread beautifully and I don't have to worry about it getting dirty in that container. I just take the lid off when I am crocheting. I used to thread the thread through the hole, but I didn't like smashing the thread when I closed it up to carry someplace else. It will hold one ball of thread and my project normally.

I have been doing this for years. Have carried it into restaurants, doctor's office, work, traveling in the car. DH loves it when I wear one out. Means I will have to do something with frosting.................:D

I like this idea. I bet a ball of Cebella would be just great inside that container. I better make some brownies so I can use up the chocolate frosting in the cupboard.:lol

I don't have anything weird for my projects, but I do for my hooks and needles. We were cleaning out our box room and my boyfriend was going to toss a little plastic case with sections inside that turned out to be just the right size to hold all my hooks plus space for needles and other notions I use when crafting.

I use a huge pretzel barrel I got at Costco, I like to use cleaning wipe containers for balled yarn to keep them from rolling all over the floor. I use a Christmas bucket (the kind you give cookies in) for smaller projects. I use the huge plastic zipper bags that you get bedding in for afghans, a huge Easter Basket, my pants or coat pocket... So for me, weird things to carry my projects in are the normal tote bags!

I keep my crochet hooks in the long mini m&m's containers, and my yarn needles in the smaller ones.

I used a little fold up seat that has a canvas tote attached under it (I think it's for gardening). I took it to a out door concert. I got the strangest looks when I sat down and pulled yarn out the side :lol. The tote snaps on, and can be used without the seat too.

Ellie 13

Archived