What do you or would you do with items that exceed the need?

thepunkrockinchick

What do you do with the extra items donated?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with the extra items donated?

• Add them to the current project (make it larger)
    • Use them for another charity of your own
    • Send them to another charity
    • Send them back to the person who donated

Check out other charity threads and see who needs what compared to what you have left over. I think that's the best compromise when you get too many and most folks here won't mind if you do that.

Joyce

I couldn't decide which one to pick. I would more than likely add them to the current project that they were originally asked for and make the project bigger or make something to go with the intended project such as a pillow etc. But I think before I would send them on to another charity, I would ask the senders first, as I wouldn't want any feelings hurt if they were expecting or looking for their squares in my project, as everyone likes to see their squares being used.

I couldn't decide which one to pick. I would more than likely add them to the current project that they were originally asked for and make the project bigger or make something to go with the intended project such as a pillow etc. But I think before I would send them on to another charity, I would ask the senders first, as I wouldn't want any feelings hurt if they were expecting or looking for their squares in my project, as everyone likes to see their squares being used.

I think I would probably try to use at least one from each person.. unless they were received late.

Thanks everyone for your input! :hug

~Cyndi~

When I had squares leftover from a charity thread I started, I posted a question to the thread, asking if anyone had an objection if I used the remaining squares for other charities. The replies I got were all for it....

Personally, I wouldn't mind if something I made was passed on to another charity or used on another charity project. I figure that as long as someone can use it, that's all that matters to me. :yes

Same here. If someone else can use it, by all means pass it on. That's fine by me.:)

I didn't vote because I don't feel there is really one true answer to this question. If there were only a few extra items and it would suitably enhance the current project then I'd say just make it a little larger (I'm assuming we're talking about something like a comfort/lapghan.)

If enlarging the project is not feasible then using the extra items for charity, whether your own or another, seems to be the most suitable option in my opinion. The person who originally donated it was sending it as an act of charity, so I think as long as it is being used for charitable purposes there should be no issue.

Ultimately though, I suppose it would be up to the person(s) who donated the extra item(s). If they want their donation back then I think it would be fair that they pay the return postage...

JMHO

I voted to use them for another charity of your own, I assume you meant to put them in something you were going to donate to a charity of your choseing....the reason I say this is the shipping costs, it is outrageous.....as long as the item I sent for a charity gets to a charity I don't mine which one..

I do aggree to try and use at least one from everyone in the original requested item...

Hi Cyndi

URRRGH I want to smack the DH for this but since he is under a lot of stress right now I will forgive him. I was cleaning his car for him this weekend and I found the package withthe 2 squares for your aunt's ghan still in the car. If you still need them I will take them to the Post office today. If not let me know and i will add them to the ones for FARA. I am so sorry about that. :hug

I didn't vote because I don't feel there is really one true answer to this question. If there were only a few extra items and it would suitably enhance the current project then I'd say just make it a little larger (I'm assuming we're talking about something like a comfort/lapghan.)

If enlarging the project is not feasible then using the extra items for charity, whether your own or another, seems to be the most suitable option in my opinion. The person who originally donated it was sending it as an act of charity, so I think as long as it is being used for charitable purposes there should be no issue.

JMHO

I agree.

I agree. I would like to know what it's being used for if not for the original intended project though. As long as my donation is being used, I don't really mind.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if something I made was passed on to another charity or used on another charity project. I figure that as long as someone can use it, that's all that matters to me. :yes

As long as my donation went to a charitable project, either yours or for another request on the forum......I would be delighted. There are so many in need that if my contribution can be used somewhere else, it should be sent on and it would not even be necessary to inform me. What I do is for charity and it does not really matter which one.:)

Linda

• 1 month later...

If you can't make the afghan/lapghan bigger, but have enough for a pillow that would be o.k. Any that I send out I don't expect back, but they should be used for charity. So send them to someone else, with a note where they came from.

Ellie 13

Archived