Finish By Christmas Along Christmas Gifts

Lesalicious

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, one thing leads to another! I bought some cotton yarn to make the sweeper shrugs. On the label of that yarn was a pattern for a mesh market bag .... so .... into my stash I go and find more cotton yarn (that I WAS going to make another crocheted box with) and I just finished the market bag -easy weekend project- which will be added to the shrugs as a gift for my friend.

Now, .... what do I make next?

1) 3 christmas stockings (same pattern different ways so no one fights - in my dreams ) 1 done! Lookie here!

2) xmas blanket for xmas morning (put it together with all them square I have been getting) 1/2 way done. Need 3 more squares. Got glow in the dark yarn to border the squares with & am getting more yarn to make more squares.

3) decorations (at least 3 for each boy) Got 9 of 9 done - just need to stiffen them! Keeping track of them here.

4) Piggie potholders for my mom.

5) scarf for my kids great grandma finished! Lookie here.

6) christmas tree skirt - lookie here for progress.

7) 2 blankets for a giving tree - 1 done!

OK.. hold me accountable.... I have about 55 smallish squares to do white round son to get to the next level of my Christmas ghan. I really want to have this whole thing finished by Thanksgiving so I can get on to some non crochet goodness for Christmas. I know being an afghan I can just sort of stop and do something else but I think it is just what I need for the foot of the guest bed when my mom comes down for the holidays...

so, here is an updated 'to-do' list

1. something handmade for dh... I have NO clue what that something is

2. coasters for ds1(non crochet)

3. stocking for ds1's fiancee

4. shirt transfer for ds 2 ( non crochet)

5. stocking for dil

6. zelda ami for ds3

7. nintendo ami for ds4

8. stocking for ds3's current " friend"

9. ami for niece 1

10. ami for nephew 1

11. ami for nephew 2

12 pillow for niece 2

13. 3 dog toys

14 4 cat toys

15 Christmas coasters

16. red hat square ghan

17 lollipop snowman covers for little give aways...

..I am sure I have 100 billion other projects... and if I would quit looking at ravelry and annies attic I'd probably be Ok....

..of to hook awhile

1st- Afghan for my brother (not actually a Christmas present...)-about 3/4 done now!! yay!

2nd- Afghan for a Dec 13th wedding-30 squares total needed-3 are finished

3rd- Afghan for my cousin for Christmas- 30 squares total needed-6 done so far; more are partially done...

4th-Doggie sweater(s) for our new puppy...a chihuahua named Bambi because she's like a little deer-1 already crocheted, now it needs fleece sewn in.

5th-socks for my mom (and maybe a pair for me!)

6th- Snowflake pillow for a friend who loves snowflakes-maybe one for my aunt too...

7th- eye masks for friends-need to make 10

8th- try to get done lapghans to donate to either children or abused women

Looks like everyone is getting a lot done! I need to keep moving steadily! I'm trying to have number one done by Thanksgiving!!!

Beautiful scarf Crissie!!! You did a great job!

I too haven't completed anything since my last post but I have added to it. I am attempting to get an afghan done for my brother-in-law by Christmas. I was a little afraid to add this to this year's list since my other afghan attempts have taken a looong time. However, I only started it on Saturday and it is probably about 20%-25% done already! Hopefully the rest of it will go as quickly as the first prtion has been going!

I got more done over the week.

1) 3 christmas stockings (same pattern different ways so no one fights - in my dreams ) 1 done! Lookie here! - debating on buying these. I guess I will decide after thxgiving.

2) xmas blanket for xmas morning (put it together with all them square I have been getting) 1/2 way done. Need 3 more squares. Got glow in the dark yarn to border the squares with & am getting more yarn to make more squares.

3) decorations (at least 3 for each boy) Got 9 of 9 done - just need to stiffen them! Look here.

4) Piggie potholders for my mom.

5) scarf for my kids great grandma finished! Lookie here.

6) christmas tree skirt - All done! Lookie here!

7) 2 blankets for a giving tree - 1 done! Look here!

I would like to join in, even if my xmas projects are all knitting. No wonder why I am not even close! ;)

1. Mom's xmas/birthday(Jan 3rd) afghan - about 40% done

2. Market bag for my 'aunt' - not yet started

3. 2 wine bottle cozies - not yet started

4. 2 set of 4 coasters to go with the cozies - not yet started

5. Something small and geeky for Dad to put on his office desk (Not sure what - any ideas ?) - not yet started

Original plan is finished Mom's afghan by end of this week. No way to finish it with weekend commitments. So I give it until Nov 30th to Dec 1st. That way, I can finish the smaller gifts.

I would like to join in, even if my xmas projects are all knitting. No wonder why I am not even close! ;)

1. Mom's xmas/birthday(Jan 3rd) afghan - about 40% done

2. Market bag for my 'aunt' - not yet started

3. 2 wine bottle cozies - not yet started

4. 2 set of 4 coasters to go with the cozies - not yet started

5. Something small and geeky for Dad to put on his office desk (Not sure what - any ideas ?) - not yet started

Original plan is finished Mom's afghan by end of this week. No way to finish it with weekend commitments. So I give it until Nov 30th to Dec 1st. That way, I can finish the smaller gifts.

*tsk*tsk*tsk* That's what you get for KNITTING:lol:hook

So, how's everyone doing with their gift list? I haven't seen any updates in the last two days, myself included! I'm afraid I won't be getting much done on my Christmas WIPs during the Thanksgiving break because we'll be spending it with my inlaws...I can't really work on my MIL's gift at her house, can I! :wink So, I guess I'll try to get some work done of the winter shawl I've been making for myself! Hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving holiday!

So, I've made way more progress on the afghan than I ever thought I would. I have finished all of the color changes and 99% of the ends have been woven in. Now I have to add about a foot or more of solid color border on each side. I have a 1 1/2 car ride to be made twice on Thanksgiving day so I'm hoping to get it wrapped up then.

Here's my progress so far on the purse/tote I'm making right now. I'll be making two (I think), one for my mom and one for my MIL. It's the Aran Sampler Tote pattern by Ruth Shepherd. I just have one panel done so far, but I know I'll like it when it's finished. It's nice to be able to learn some new stitch combinations, and make something practical at the same time. Sorry about the poor photo...I just don't have time to set things up for good lighting today.

th_IMG_3220.jpg

Started a lapghan/throw for my brother. (I bought the kit with my Lola Contest prize). I am about 1/4 done with the main body of it.

I am making the Lionbrand Striped Afghan with the suede yarn. (The kit was on sale for half price! Yippee!!!)

I've completed 2 scarfs, got another one started. Got 2 hats completed. Got a table runner started, and am going shopping today for more yarn, and some fleece to make 2 crochet edged blankets. Walmart messed me up when they minimized their yarn stock :(

Yesterday, I did about 1/4 of a market bag. Took me hours of knitting! I hope to finish about half of it today.

I was told that family expected me to spend a long weekend of Thanksgiving, starting tomorrow. :lol So I couldn't bring mom's afghan. I will bring the market bag, wine bottle cozies and coasters instead.

I'm checking in with my progress below. I have added a few things and still have a few other items that I have no idea what they are -- to make still. :think

Here are some potholders I did last week.

green-potholder-273x300.jpgblue-potholder-262x300.jpg

4 Kitchen sets (greenie, dishcloth and towel holder) Done

Potholders 2 Done

Clothespin bag Done

Christmas stockings 2 Done

Several dishcloths - 6 Done

Barbie doll dress 2 Done

Felted purse

Plarn Market Net Bag Done

Plarn Shopping Bag - In progress

Winter Scarves 2 Done

Archived