Tiny crochet animals/toys for trick or treaters

This year I'm working up some crochet tiny animals to hand out to the trick or treaters. I'll have some candy on hand for the teens that come through, but the children will get a small crochet toy.

Does anyone else do this? I just figured that it would be cheaper, as I'm using my scraps. And healthier, they don't need all that candy anyway and a small toy is something that will last.

What a cute idea! In my neighborhood, most of the kids don't go door to door for trick or treating. They go to the neighborhood shops. We had candy on hand just in case and only got one trick or treater!

That's a great idea! I eat at Mickey D's a lot and usually just get the kids meal. I save the toys and hand them out on :jack Halloween. :skeletonLast year some older kids came by toward the end and when I told them that I just had Happy Meal toys, they still wanted one. I suspect that they gave it to a younger sibling though!

We don't get trick or treaters. We live in such a dangerous neighborhood nobody really interacts any more. I buy those bags of candy that are mixed with small toys and pass them out in case I do get any trick or treaters.

oh cute!

I think it is a great idea! We don't get too many kids, no one wants to walk the hill to my house, but I give out halloween pencils and erasers and I make ghosts with tootsie pops. Just put a kleenex over a tootsie, tie it on with a yarn bow and then take a marker and make a face. Kids love them.

We don't get too many kids, no one wants to walk the hill to my house, but I give out halloween pencils and erasers and I make ghosts with tootsie pops. Just put a kleenex over a tootsie, tie it on with a yarn bow and then take a marker and make a face. Kids love them.

Now THAT's a great idea! I'm doing that this year! My son will have a ball making them. :ghost :jack

That's a great idea! I eat at Mickey D's a lot and usually just get the kids meal. I save the toys and hand them out on :jack Halloween. :skeletonLast year some older kids came by toward the end and when I told them that I just had Happy Meal toys, they still wanted one. I suspect that they gave it to a younger sibling though!

:lol I always play with them that I get.:lol

I love the idea! I have an older book my Annie's Attic called "Belt Buddies" You can make them with or without the belt loop and they are perfect in size! There are animals and fruits and a bus and I think a football and I'm not sure what else.

I also heard that you can make finger puppets and insert a roll of lifesavers in them.

Our church does "trunk or treat" and we have about 100 kids, so I don't think I'll be making animals, but sure sounds fun. I think the kids wiould love crocheted spiders!

Archived