Toy Drive 2009--Toys have been delivered. Thanks for another great year!

Midds

I have a cradle/purse with a store bought baby doll inside +2, :cheer the other cradle/purse is not added yet as it's waiting for my crocheted doll still.

I also got 4 boxes of crayons +4. So, :cheer21/52 so far! :cheer

I realize that some of my items should/could be counted as "one", :blush however the way I'm going...I'll surpass my pledged 52...so it will even out in the end. :devil

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just made a snowflake hat with a few minor changes...here's the link

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=267078.0

I'll catch up on px later. (mine came out Toddler sized after my changes)

I love the look of that hat! Whomever picks that will have a hat that is different from everyone else!

I think I may need a bigger vehicle for next year!!

:D

I am drawing up some patterns to offer for 2009 for the toy drive.... just a few ideas so far...

Anyone have something specific they would like?

I am open to suggestions!

I just wanted to say that I WILL be mailing out 10 of my 12 tomorrow. I was going to make crocheted draw string bags for the 2 bags of legos I bought, but haven't had the chance... nor do I know what pattern to use. I've never made one before. :think

~Cyndi~

I can make you a couple of drawstring bags... Not sure when I'll get them to you as my sewing machine is feeling a little under the weather recently... but it should be an easy fix :) Get with me and we'll talk about size & fabric, etc...

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a picture of my latest additions, bringing my total count to 11 items. (can you tell I had some pink to use up? :lol. The hats are a combination of the snowflake hat and the Belleview Cove(cpc) hat. The cradle purse is the infamous cupcake cradle purse, and the cupcake next to it is just a smaller version of Tapanga's Cupcake purse (I think it's only 36 sts around on the cake part)--no cradle. The heart purse was made with two hearts that were sc'd together. (I made one for DD, on request, with "that pink yarn" (as opposed to my peaches and creme that I had dyed, I suppose), and it turned out so well (and she likes it very much) that I made another one for "the box" :D. I'll probably make more of these.

Btw, the hyperlinks are all to the patterns I used :)

1e1d2291.jpg

I've re-invented the puppet-baby. And I could really use a couple testers...but I'm keeping that in this thread for now, b/c I really want it to benefit Kristie's toy drive. It works up fairly quickly. and I would prefer the testers to be able to work on it very soon, b/c I want to also submit this to the CPAD. (I know the 2010 deadline is past, but they said they had room for a few more...and if it doesn't make this year, I can try for next year...but...:P) I've seen the face-type heads for these at Hobby Lobby, and their online site. mine came from zimscrafts website, if it's still up--I heard they were closing? PM if you want to test these cuties.

e3dd3ee4.jpg

sorry the picture is kinda small.

(I've also made one from an older pattern but those heads are VERY hard to find. and another heart purse...oh ya, and a carebears paper-doll book...so my count is 16 now--I think:P)

Seeing everyone handmade toys makes me a little envious. I'll guess I'm going to have to try my hand at some type of toy. I have picked up 5 jumbo coloring books and 24 pack of crayons to go with them so that brings me to 12.

Momcrochets, I love all your handmade items and the baby dolls are really cute.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Goodness it's been since sometime in Sept. that I've posted in this thread!!

I have a whole bunch more to show and will do so as soon as I can.

I am still here, though!

I think I may need a bigger vehicle for next year!!

:D

I am drawing up some patterns to offer for 2009 for the toy drive.... just a few ideas so far...

Anyone have something specific they would like?

I am open to suggestions!

I am late in posting to this thread. But I plan on making toys for the drive. My pattern suggestion is Penguins. I am addicted to them.

Wendy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also up to the challenge.:teddy I have been on the net picking up a bunch of different patterns to try. :crocheting I can't wait to see what I can come up with. I am going to try for 12 this year.:cheer

Hugs :hug

MJ

• 3 weeks later...

Archived