Toy Drive 2009--Toys have been delivered. Thanks for another great year!

Midds

09/05/09-The toy drive has been a success again this year! Toys have been delivered and pics are up in the crochet for charity thread. We are just waiting for a final number to see if we have beaten the goal of 1250 toys. Thank you to all that helped make this a huge success!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Update: The first batch of items are going to be delivered on August 25, 2009. If you have any donations please pm KristieMN to get her mailing information so we can get them to her in time.***

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KristieMN just delivered the toys from this years (2008) toy drive. She delivered 1119 toys. KristieMN stated that she is going to do a toy drive next year (2009). She also stated that she wasn't sure that we could top 1119 toys.

Ladies and Gents....Let's show her what we can do!

I challenge all of you to help us top this for next year! I am challenging Crochetville to reach or exceed a goal of 1250 toys. Toys can be anything from amis, to book marks, hats, bags, etc. You name it and can make it for a child it counts.

Here is the challenge I propose for all of you: There are 52 weeks in a year, so the challenge is to make one thing/buy one thing each week to send for her toy drive for next year (2009). The 52 is my personal goal, but anything you can do I'm sure is greatly appreciated!

The challenge starts....now. :) KristieMN will post an official kick off, delivery date, and pictures at a later time.

I do not give out KristieMN's personal information. You will need to pm her for her mailing information.

If you are interested in joining my challenge just post below and I will add you to this 1st post as a participant in the challenge. Then next year we will see how everyone did!

Now, you might ask - what do you get out of this? This is what you get out of it.

1. The feeling of knowing that you are making a child happy and giving them an item that was either made or bought with love and the thoughts of a great recovery for them.

2. The opportunity to try out a whole bunch of new patterns.

3. The opportunity to improve your current skills, learn a new one, or just have fun shopping.

4. Helping this to be the biggest toy drive ever!:cheer

5. Maybe, if we all ask nicely, and say pretty please with sugar on top KristieMN will be kind enough to create a pattern or two for us as an incentive to those that send something!:D

So KristieMN, pretty please with sugar on top, and I'll even add a cherry ~ would you please add an incentive of a pattern or two for us?:D

She said yes!!!

This year (2008) we had more than KristieMN give patterns to those that participated. We had 8 patterns that were given to participants!

Please post your goal number of toys.

When you make a toy/item, please post a pic and the link/source for the pattern.

Thank you for being a part of the toy drive and this challenge!

Designers ~ last year you kept me busy! Thank you! Can you do it again this year? If you have a pattern that you would like me to test or make for the toy drive you can email it to me at crochet dash goddess at hotmail dot com

Participants Completed/Goal

1. Midds 61/52 (Gift Card Sent) GOAL MET!!!

2. SHERYL 2/12

3. eebrs 2/24

4. jadyn05 /52

5. candiwv $25 gift card/GOAL MET!!!

6. kwoolls 14/52

7. tris4crochet /52

8. sewnsew 3/12

9. angelfire /24

10. cluless 60/24 GOAL MET!!!

11. karin4christ 1/52

12. itzhunic 21/52 GOAL MET!!!

13. rieglertammy 20/12 GOAL MET!!!

14. dragonlady 26/24 GOAL MET!!!

15. ThoseDarnPickles /24

16. grannyannie 12/24

17. Momcrochets 34/no goal GOAL MET!!!

18. scc51055 /52

19. Navymomx2 /no goal

20. crafty126 4/12

21. tralee 24/12

22. Ocean Breeze /52

23. grannyannie 2/no goal

24. amhmsh 2/24

25. teakaycee /12

26. alwayscrafting 2/14

27. Misa /12

28. evelyn no goal

29. alchemyfyr 12/12 GOAL MET!!!

30. JoBug /12

31. coolhockeymom /no goal

32. Ankh 2/12

33. CrisKad 17/20

34. gsx2ts4u /52

35. pat54 12/24

36. mcnerlin /no goal

37. thepunkrockinchick 10/12

38. almoreland 25/24 GOAL MET!!!

39. ktkc /26

40. rsisland 6/52

41. christinanthemum /?

42. MGM /12

43. WendySue 2/6

44. crochetellie /?

45. happyfam514 /12

46. jenniferelyse74 /20

47. stitchwitch39 6/12

48. pasteeater /?

49. grangee7 16/25

50. flyinghigh /12

51. gracie ray8 2/20

52. moomoo /?

53. Nikkidear 29/6 GOAL MET!!!

54. alpie 4/

55. toni5889 /?

56. KristieMN (hubby) 25/?

57. darski 4/12

58. dhcn 1/?

59. Quigley's mom /6

60. luckybmr 1/?

61. Loveragdolls 8/?

62. Stacy 10/?

Designers donating patterns as incentives:

1. eebrs (post #3)

2. Momcrochets (post #20)

3. Chiscrochetcrazy (post #58)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in on this one too, can't resist a challenge - put me down for 12 for sure - you never know I might get more done :hook.

And to get KristieMN on board with a pattern : Pretty please with peaches and :strawberr on top - would it work if I added whipped cream? :D

Count me in. My goal for 2008 was 12, but I'm going to try to double it for 2009. So, put me down for 24.

I already have one done. :D

th_DSCF8267.jpg

I'd like to add the pattern to the toy drive incentive pattern(s) if that's OK.

Well, I want in on this, I didn't participate in the drive this year and kept "meaning" to, so here I am for next year. My goal is 52 items for the toy drive.

Ooops, I forgot, this kitty is headed in the box for the toy drive:

shelbykitty.jpg

And this cute balloon horse - my 6 year old said he has lots of horses and maybe a little kid would like this one :manyheart.

balloonhorse.jpg

So that's 2 already :clap.

Looks like we are on our way! :yay

Welcome to the challenge and thanks for joining me and being a part of this. :hook

I added a list for designers who want to donate patterns for incentives as well. :hug

Please remember to post links/sources for patterns. :hook

Updated through post 5. :yes

I would like to join this for 2009....I have never made an ami but If I can purchase toys and make hats and such ..You can put me down for 52...

Now 1 question....Can we start shipping early???

I contacted KristieMN with the intention of sending toys for this year. :yes

I felt so horrible when I didn't follow through. :blush

Sometimes, life just gets in the way. :shrug

Then I saw this post!!! :yay

I'm totally in for this next year's toy drive! :cheer

Please put me down for 52. :hook

Ok. I haven't been able to do anything for charity for two years. I soooo miss it.

I am in!!!! Please put me down for 12. I am sure there will be more than that once I get going but just in case things get crazy for me I know for sure I can pull off the 12.

Thanks,

Tammy

I really tried to be a part of this last year but LIFE GOT IN THE WAY!!!! So I'm in for sure this year! Personal goal: 24

Also, I would be more than willing to test patterns if needed! Just PM me with details! I've already got 2 done that were intended for the drive in 08 so can I use those as a part of my 24?

This is going to be fun! :hug

I would also like to donate. I will start with 12 as I'm not exactly sure how all this works. Could someone please pm with the details as to where, when to mail and the other specifics? Is there a certain age group of children, special needs, etc.? :crocheting

You guys are awsome!!

I cant believe you are doing this!!

Thank you!!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! :bow Believe it. :hook We can do this! You are very welcome!

I would like to join this for 2009....I have never made an ami but If I can purchase toys and make hats and such ..You can put me down for 52...

Now 1 question....Can we start shipping early???

You are welcome to purchase toys, make hats, purses, etc. I think it would be ok to ship early. Last year KristieMN collected toys whenever anyone wanted to ship.

KristieMN ~ can you weigh in on this one? Do you want the toys shipped to you early and just collect them until next year?

I'll join in. I meant to send some last year but didn't get a chance. Put me down for 12 for sure. :yes

I'd like to know if we can ship early too. It would help alot if we can ship a few at a time.

I sent 75 toys last year and it only cost me about $14 with delivery confirmation. Let's wait to hear from KristieMN on this one.

Count me in. 52 toys seems like alot but I'm going to try to rise to the challenge, so put me down for 52. I'm assuming that we can also sew or knit the toys too.

Sew, knit, crochet ~ whatever suits your fancy. :)

Oh Boy! I'm in. I'm going to commit to 24 [i will do more if I can]. I really enjoyed working on this years toy drive. Midds, thanks for the challenge and Kristie thanks for the project.

You are very welcome! I agree, Thank You KristieMN!!!

I really tried to be a part of this last year but LIFE GOT IN THE WAY!!!! So I'm in for sure this year! Personal goal: 24

Also, I would be more than willing to test patterns if needed! Just PM me with details! I've already got 2 done that were intended for the drive in 08 so can I use those as a part of my 24?

This is going to be fun! :hug

Of course you can count the 2 that you have already. Please post a picture and the source/link for the pattern and I will update the first thread for you.

It was wonderful being part of this for 2008! I'm in for 2009!!! Please put me down for 24. Just picked up my first two items, too :lol!

WooHoo!!! Can you post them and I will update for you. Thanks.

I would also like to donate. I will start with 12 as I'm not exactly sure how all this works. Could someone please pm with the details as to where, when to mail and the other specifics? Is there a certain age group of children, special needs, etc.? :crocheting

I will post here so that all can see. You can make whatever kind of toy, bookmark, purse, etc that you like. Crochet, knit, sewn, etc. The items get mailed to KristieMN and you need to pm her for her mailing information. There will be an official kick off next year when KristieMN is ready. Here is a link to the hospital for you to check out.

Welcome to everyone! I am so grateful for your help. :yay

Updated through post 24.

Archived