Toy Drive 2009--Toys have been delivered. Thanks for another great year!

Midds

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I haven't been around to keep up with when I added more things for the kids, or to comment on Y'alls contributions, which by the way are sooo cute :hugbut as I've already said once, I'M STILL HERE!

:clap:cheer

And even better, I'VE REACHED MY GOAL! :cheer:yes:clap

Psssttt, one more thing, I'm going to do more than my goal! :yay:hug:yes:eek

After all, IT'S FOR THE KIDS~!! :manyheart:hook:yay

I sent out my first batch yesterday! Included were 6 crocheted rolls of crayons with 12 coloring books, a finger bowling set with a knitted bag, 2 stuffed animals that were won via the crane game, and one purchased truck. I just finished a small crocheted bird and a big headed bear that will make it into the next package. Pics to come soon!

I am still here too!!!

Just REALLY busy!

I am still working on the patterns to offer up... so far, I DO have a deer pattern worked out.

Still to come... a bunny, and a skunk for the forest friend pattern set!

I am excited to get it done...now....can anyone send me a few more hours in the day?? :)

Kristen

• 2 weeks later...

Ok.. this is for you, the faithful toy makers!

Here is a quick snap of my pattern in progress. I still have some work to do on this set... but the main 3 animals are for the most part, complete. I am going to add a flower to the skunk, and pin its tail up to its head.

Pattern is in the process of being wrote up too.

I am going to finish up this one, then work on the next.

Soooooooooooo.... what do you think?!?!?

Forestfriendspreview.jpg

They are adorable! I have some purchased stuffed animals for you and 2 crocheted with more planned to be done. When do you want them by? I will need to get your address again as I don't think I kept it from last year.

Thanks,

Wendy

The toy drive hasnt even officially kicked off...no rush!!

I collect toys until sometime in August.

I still need to set up a date with Stephanie at the U of M.

I am so sorry it took me so long to share with you all what I have in the works!!

I have been crazy busy!

Deadlines are coming at me faster and faster lately!!

Once I nail down a date, I will let you all know!

I do plan on doing one more pattern up before I 'officially' kick off the toy drive!

Thanks!

I did not realize that you would take hats and purses as well. I will try to get 12 hats or purses/totes made. will get the address closer to August or at least to getting some ready to go.

Thanks for opening this up to more than just amis. :ghug

Hats, purses...totes...great for kids in the hospital!

I have had blankets come in too....more great ideas. :)

August is going to be on us before I know it..... I will have to take a picture of what I have already had sent to me too! I think I can fill a few boxes already.

Hubby just donated a small box of Snap On Tools match box cars... the little boys are going to love them...(not to mention the dads!)

More adorable animals from our amazing :2magic magical KristieMN!!!

Thank you so much for doing this! :yay

Thank YOU for organizing it!!

This year is a bit crazy for me... I am not sure if I could do it on my own!:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

I just wanted to clarify this for everyone...this is not just for toys/amis. Bookmarks, afghans, hats, coloring books, crayons, etc....it all counts.

I will try to update the first page shortly but things are super crazy right now.

Everyone is welcome to join and set your own goal/donation. :hook

Ok.. this is for you, the faithful toy makers!

Here is a quick snap of my pattern in progress. I still have some work to do on this set... but the main 3 animals are for the most part, complete. I am going to add a flower to the skunk, and pin its tail up to its head.

Pattern is in the process of being wrote up too.

I am going to finish up this one, then work on the next.

Soooooooooooo.... what do you think?!?!?

Forestfriendspreview.jpg

wooo Hoooo! :cheerLove those knobby kneed deer, and the skunk! and the bunny! (but is that unfun fur on the skunk?)

Boy Bear http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=23732702

Gator : http://www.lionbrand.com/6030/PictPage/1922243219.html

Bunny is Kristies toy drive pattern from last year.

Sheep: http://www.amazon.com/Kyuuto-Japanese-Crafts-Chronicle-Books/dp/0811860825/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240676689&sr=8-2

I also have quite a few hot wheels cars and a few coloring books.

post-7513-135897401232_thumb.jpg

post-7513-135897401236_thumb.jpg

I just went through this site. Lots of really cute things. I am way behind on my pledge, but confident I will make it on time. I really love this drive and the opportunity to make toys for kids. I try to give at least 2 new toys to the Toys for Tots every year (I buy them)

Second pattern now in the works!! I will give you a clue... it is another in the set that compliments bunny love.... possibly two more in the series of 4! :)

When is the deadline to send your toys ? I havent been very speedy this year but Im planning to send a couple of things

Are the patterns you are working on now going to be free patterns. They are really cute patterns.

The deadline will be sometime in August.

I havent set a date yet...but will within the next few weeks or so.

The patterns I do up are free when a toy is donated to my toy drive!

I am working as fast as I can to get a few whipped up to show you guys. :)

So far, ....eh...so good.

Things have slowed down for me, so I have been able to work on the patterns a bit more than I have in the last few months.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to do this last year, bought a few supplies to make some crayon purses and then ran out of time. I decided this week I needed to sneak at least one in between projects. I finished a crayon purse yesterday. Yeah! I'm going to try and get a few more done before August.

Archived