Toy Drive 2009--Toys have been delivered. Thanks for another great year!

Midds

Can I join?

I can't do ami because of eyesight, (I am legally blind, NOT blind just legally so I can see shapes, colors and even stitches. I just can't do small gauge things.

Do Doll blankets count? i can also do cupcake purses.

ETA: I am also in MN. Minneapolis area.. If you need help with anything.. let me know :)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can I join?

I can't do ami because of eyesight, (I am legally blind, NOT blind just legally so I can see shapes, colors and even stitches. I just can't do small gauge things.

ETA: I am also in MN. Minneapolis area.. If you need help with anything.. let me know :)

anyone can join and I Am sure a little girl in the hosptial would love a a doll blanket

Hi again! Finally got the pics taken, lol! The first couple are store bought. Just a couple of coloring books and crayons. I always loved (still do, lol) to color! Do these count as 2 or 4, lol? :think

th_miscaugustcrochet015.jpg

You are on your way! :cheer I will mark them as 2 but if you want them counted as 4 just let me know and I will change it.

Well, I have one toy done. Its a crocheted, felted teddy bear that I had made several months ago and hadn't found anywhere to donate it yet. So one down and 51 more to go. :cheer

Would love to see it. Could you post a picture for us and the source/link for the pattern if you remember where? I will edit to show you have 1 done. :cheer

I found two this morning in my closet that didn't have a home. So they will go in the box:yes

:photo please? I would love to see what you have for the kiddies. :D

Midds - put me down for 14. I'll try for more, but we'll see what else goes on, you know how it goes :lol

I actually wanted to participate this year (even bought 2 things) and still didn't get them mailed out to meet the deadline. So, I have 2 things for next year already!

:cheerUpdate on first post. :photo please? :)

Oh this is great :danceI was wondering what I was going to do with the toys I crocheted for the state fair and for our annual black history month exhibit now they will have a home :woo count me in:yes . Not sure about goal yet since school started back up I don't have as much time as I do during the summer to crochet all day and half the night for now will say 12 and two of those are already done. Are hackey sacks considered toys for this challenge. I have a few neat patterns I want to try out? NiYa :yarn

You bet hackey sacks can count! I will show that you have 2 done. :photo please? :)

amhmsh - Your cupcake purse is adorable!

gsx2ts4u - You are welcome to join us. Everyone is welcome. Doll blankets are just fine. Thanks for helping out!

Welcome to everyone! Thank you all for being a part of the toy drive and this challenge.

Just a reminder ~ Could all please post photos and sources/links. We would all love to see the great things you are making and buying. Thank You!

Updated through post #52.

Can I join?

Your my neighbor!!! :hug:hug:hug

Nice to meet you!

There are a few other Minnesotans here also.

We are Minnesota nice!

Hope Libby's feeling better. Poor thing. And I hope Mom is too :)

Thank you so much.

She is doing so much better now that she is back on the medication.

I am hesitant to take her off again.

It isnt not broke...dont fix it?? :lol

We will see how it goes in about a week

Kristen, I hope Libby is doing better, poor thing - here's a few hugs her way :hug :hug :hug.

thank you so much!!

I am in constant contact with the Drs...they tell me to go with my gut.

We have decided to try to wean her off again in a week.

Wish me luck!

Almost done with my first doll..Just have to make arms and sew her together,add hair and facial features..lol..So ALOT of work yet..lol...My daughter's want to help me..I told them they can't, it would be cheating..lol..But I will let them do their own and send them..:) So if I get over 60 you'll know why..lol..Debra

I'd like to join in. I've never crocheted toys before but if we can buy things than put me in for 24 and hopefully I will be able to send more. So anything goes as long as it's for children, is that correct; purchased or made?:think Just want to do this correctly.

I'd like to join in. I've never crocheted toys before but if we can buy things than put me in for 24 and hopefully I will be able to send more. So anything goes as long as it's for children, is that correct; purchased or made?:think Just want to do this correctly.

anything kid friendly is acceptable. store bought or hand made - and not it does not have to be crochet related. there are also older kids there that would benefit from the goodies. have fun!!!!!

I would like to donate my Beanie Puppies pattern for The 2009 Toy Drive

BeaniePuppies001-1-1.jpg

thank you so much!!

You are WAY ahead of me!! :lol:lol

I need to get some creative juices flowing it seems! :lol:lol:lol

I went to Michael's this morning and they had all these neat kids crafts on sale so I bought 7 different ones for the toy drive. I decided to start a box and everytime I see something I can afford to buy I will and when the box is full I'll send it. I think I might try my hand at making a toy also. I got a great peggytoespattern during the "holidays in July" so I think I'll give it a try.

I'd like to sign up too. My horoscope this morning said to do something nice for someone & I think this toy drive thing is great. Don't know how many I'll do but will keep you posted.

Here are my two so far. They were the two bunny patterns I tested for KristieMN.

littlebunnygirl.jpg

bumblebunz.jpg

These are adorable. :yes:yes :applause Can I say, I think I'm a little chicken to do a toy :embar I have attempted several quite awhile ago and never finishd them :worried. I get the bodies done and then when it comes to the arms and legs I just quit:loser. I did do wedding dolls for my sister about 10 years ago and they turned out beautiful but it was really just making little dresses and putting them on a doll so not quite the same. Not sure what the problem is with trying to do a toy. :shrug Oh well maybe this will give me the push to challenge myself to do it.:tup

I would like to donate my Beanie Puppies pattern for The 2009 Toy Drive

BeaniePuppies001-1-1.jpg

Thank you!

Welcome to all the new ones that joined the rest of us! We are so happy to have you! :yay

All the toys are looking great!

You are all way ahead of me so far this year! I have 0 so far! :eek I better get a move on!

Updated through post #72.

I need to post a reminder on this due to a question directed to me:

I just want to remind everyone that these items are going to children in a hospital. We welcome everyone, however, if you smoke please store your donated items in an airtight container with a dryer sheet or baking soda, or as some have done in the past you may send a gift card to KristieMN and she will go shopping with it and post what she purchases. Thank you! :hug

Archived