Toy Drive 2009--Toys have been delivered. Thanks for another great year!

Midds

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the animals look great!!!

Thank you all so much!

I am trying to work on my patterns I am offering this toy drive...

I have been a bit busy with work...so it is slow.

I will post a preview when I get some done.

Thank you all again!

those are adorable clueless!

Okay, I finally took pictures...Here are some "Crayon Keepers" I've been making with scrap yarn. I'll post the pattern in the free patterns thread, but it's pretty basic, really. (I've made eight so far, so I can add that to my total :) )

P3061362.jpg

a heap of crayon keepers in a variety of colors. :)

P3061363.jpg

Rolled up, and the "back", or outside, view.

I know I have not posted here in a long time but I have continued to pick up toys for the kids. I really want to try my hand at making one but have been a bit chicken.

Clueless, I absolutely love your animals, they are adorable.

Momcrochets, I really like those crayon keepers. I would like to give them a try.

Dear Kristie:

I will for sure participate in this years toy drive for you... So count me in ...

You have been so kind to help me with my charity donations for the furbabies how can i not take time for the precious children too...

How is Libby doing????

hugs

Lillibet

those are adorable clueless!

Okay, I finally took pictures...Here are some "Crayon Keepers" I've been making with scrap yarn. I'll post the pattern in the free patterns thread, but it's pretty basic, really. (I've made eight so far, so I can add that to my total :) )

P3061362.jpg

a heap of crayon keepers in a variety of colors. :)

P3061363.jpg

Rolled up, and the "back", or outside, view.

Those are so cute! I love them!!! I'm definatly gonna try that one out!!!

Everything looks fantastic!

I am so excited for this years toy drive.

Right now, I am trying in my spare time to design the patterns for this year.

I am crazy busy right now! I am working for a realtor doing trash outs on foreclosed homes. I can hardly keep up right now.

I have not forgotten you! :lol:lol:lol

Libby is doing much much better. Not quite 6 months ago we tried to wean her off one of her meds. Unfortunately, it didnt work....it was just the opposite.

She went from being on 3-4 different meds, to taking 5 different meds daily.

After doing that for 4 months, she is doing better. She is on 4 meds daily, and one more as needed.

She is back to feeling good 99% of the time!

Needless to say, she will not be weaned off any more until she is 18!

I have 3 boxes FULL for the toy drive!

I received a box yesterday.. hubby was home...he just raised an eyebrow and said...."That time again already?!?!?" :lol:lol:lol

As soon as I have something to show you for patterns... I will!

Thank you all again!

Hi Pat54:

Dont be afraid to tackle one of these little critters.. they are sooo much fun to make..

there are many free ones out there that dont requiere so much sewing or putting together.. Even Lion Brand got some really neato ones...

give it a plunge I garantee you onece you make one you will be makiing many mnany more...

The only problem with that is you might have a hard time letting them go...

hugs

Lillibet

Please sign me up for six. I'll be doing a mix of store bought and crocheted/knitted. I just bought the cutest little finger bowling set w/ mini pins, and I'm going to make a little bag for it. I'm also going to try to whip up some of those crayon keepers. My Local Walgreens was getting rid of the 8 packs of Crayola for .65! Now to hit the Dollar store for coloring books. With finals coming up I won't be making any amis yet, but that crayon keeper pattern is perfect for a quick crochet fix.

IMG_0052.jpg Ok I know I am behind...if I want to get twenty-five toys done I have to get moving. My first toy is a baby pony from the Clop and Ali pattern by Fran. I know he is not quite done...he still needs a tail and button covers but I wanted to post the picture while I had time.

IMG_0052.jpg Ok I know I am behind...if I want to get twenty-five toys done I have to get moving. My first toy is a baby pony from the Clop and Ali pattern by Fran. I know he is not quite done...he still needs a tail and button covers but I wanted to post the picture while I had time.

Cute Horsie!

Those are very cute bunnies "alpie". Would you mind if I asked you where you got the pattern for them? I would be gald to make some for the toy drive.

Hi Toni,

My mom has the pattern book. I'll ask her for the name of it when I talk to her.

Archived