Toy Drive 2009--Toys have been delivered. Thanks for another great year!

Midds

I sent 75 toys last year and it only cost me about $14 with delivery confirmation. Let's wait to hear from KristieMN on this one.

Depends on your location. I sent less than that and it was much more expensive so I can see a person on a budget needs to kind of figure out how much they can send. Weight and distance are factors. A lot of small light weight items aren't as bad as larger or bulkier items.

I looked at every option to get the cheapest rate.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends on your location. I sent less than that and it was much more expensive so I can see a person on a budget needs to kind of figure out how much they can send. Weight and distance are factors. A lot of small light weight items aren't as bad as larger or bulkier items.

I looked at every option to get the cheapest rate.

I agree completely. I just mailed out 3 boxes and one that was really far away and light was really expensive.

Anything any of you can do is grately appreciated. Every bit helps and with all of us great crocheters working together we can do this

Put me down for 12 please. I will try to do more.. but dont want to set my goal so high that I fail. I would rather meet it and exceed it.

So... 12 toys for me please. THANK YOU!

:mug

I found one I made a while back(originally intended for the 2008 drive), so I'm getting started. Oh and a couple "store-boughts" that will probably go in too...so if we're counting those, then I'd be at 3.

ETA: the crochet one is the Tic-Tac-Tote I designed, it's here on the 'ville in original patterns.

You ladies are all great!!

I am always overwhelmed with the support I get for this project

I am sorry I havent gotten on before now to answer questions for you all

We had a bit of a set back with libby.

She was indeed taken off of one of her meds last Wednesday. She did well for the first 4 days, by day 5, she was really sick.

I put her back on the medication. This particular medication helps keep her intestines from spasming and pushing food back into her stomach.

:(

We are going to try to take he off again in a few weeks, see what happens.

She is sooo bummed! So am I.

Now, to answer the questions!!

I officially kick off the toy drive every June. I make my biggest delivery in August.

HOWEVER, I do collect toys through out the year. When Libby goes in to the Dr.'s. we drop off any toys we have collected to that point.

I do not have any patterns made up for next years toy drive...yet.

I am honestly hoping to have a few other designers donate a pattern, like I did this year.

Anyone who sends toys now, or before the patterns for next year are available, are more than welcome to have the 8 patterns I had for this year.

Or, pick a few from my etsy shop.

Clear as mud eh? :lol:lol:lol

I will be better about jumping on c'ville to check threads...promise.

So, if there are any questions I forgot...sorry! Ask again, I will get back to you...promise!

Thank you all again!!!

Kristen

Kristie,

Does that include the patterns from past years,too?

There is one I LOVE from a couple of years ago that you were offering.:c9

Thank You for doing this..I'm sure you're GREAT idea has made many children happy.:yes

Midds - put me down for 14. I'll try for more, but we'll see what else goes on, you know how it goes :lol

I actually wanted to participate this year (even bought 2 things) and still didn't get them mailed out to meet the deadline. So, I have 2 things for next year already!

Please put me down for 12, I am sorry I can't commit to more, but hopefully can exceed my goal, but qith my health, i dong wAnt to promise something I cant do.

TY!!!!

Ok... .a few more things....

Children in this hospital range from new born preemies...to 20

Mainly preemies to 16 though.

It most certainly does not need to be a toy either!

We have received blankets, hats, manicure sets, game boy pouches, cell phone pouches, book marks, movies, cards....scarfs..... and just about anything else you can imagine!

Anything you think a child will love to get!!

Oh this is great :danceI was wondering what I was going to do with the toys I crocheted for the state fair and for our annual black history month exhibit now they will have a home :woo count me in:yes . Not sure about goal yet since school started back up I don't have as much time as I do during the summer to crochet all day and half the night for now will say 12 and two of those are already done. Are hackey sacks considered toys for this challenge. I have a few neat patterns I want to try out? NiYa :yarn

CupcakePurseforKristieMNtoydrive082.jpg

:cheer:cheer:clap:clap:cheer:cheer:clap:clap

ETA: I used the cupcake purse pattern from Annies Scrap Crochet Club Series. I have seen others that are free while surfing the net.

Archived