Wonderful

So I just finished the last strip to my niece's blanket and went to sew them together last night.

My 2 year old must have caught the scissors while they were down (I usually have them put up if I'm not right there working) and cut chunks out of the strips.

I could cry.

No, she cut chunk out of the center of it, on the sides. So I'd have to unravel and start over. Luckily I had a blanket on the side I'd forgotten to send off a LONG time ago that I'm going to give her instead. I think she'll like it better any way.

I'm just out the time and money for yarn. I'm more upset that she knows she shouldn't play with it but still does.

I'm just out the time and money for yarn. I'm more upset that she knows she shouldn't play with it but still does.

If I had a penny for every time I'm heard saying " don't touch the yarn!"

never forget the day my then 2 1/2 yr old was "snipping" my yet to be weaved ends on a motif afghan I was working..... that was the day putting the scissors away became priority ONE!!

My heart weeps for you...and your yarn...:hug

Oh no! Sending you much sympathy - how upsetting! It's fortunate you had another blanket made up that you can send off. Though I know that doesn't make up for the loss of the newer one. :hug

I hide the scissors from my little one, but he still finds them at times. Fortunately he's too young to know how to use them yet! He does rather enjoy throwing a ball of wool around however and making it into a giant tangled mess in the 5 seconds I'm out of the room...

My heart goes out to you. I have an 18year old so I know that will not happen to me. I just worry about the puppy going after my yarn. I am just so sorry to hear this. Good thing you had the other blanket to send.:hug

I never had trouble with my human kids, it was always my dog kids. I have five greyhounds and the love my yarn. I can't leave the room for a minute. I come back to find several of my skeins being played with. The other day, they got a hold of one of my dolls I was crocheting clothes for. Needless to say, the doll is toast.

I sometimes have trouble when I bring my crocheting over to my friend's house. Their little girl is 18 months old. I always keep a close eye on her when she's near my yarn. One time, she made a big huge knot out of a whole skein of yarn. Last night when I was over there crocheting, I told her that she could pick up the yarn and pet the yarn but she could not pull at it or take it away. She did pretty good but I still keep a really good eye on her and she does NOT touch my scissors.

My now 4 year old did that, but to herself. It was a few weeks to Christmas, and I told hubby that we needed to get her bangs trimed up for the pictures we were going to have taken . . . the scissors were on top of the micowave, but she still managed to get them down

Here is the pic:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/IamJolyn/Rachel%20cut%20her%20hair/IMG_0003.jpg

But, the pics came out pretty good anyway, but I was sooooooo mad!!!!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/IamJolyn/Christmas%202006/s42371ca107939_5.jpg

I am glad you had another to send, and I hope she has learned not to play with scissors anymore, but this wasn't the last time mine did this, just never this bad again!

I feel so bad for you! Maybe next time you're working on a project you could give her a ball of scraps or something so that she can play with her own yarn and will leave Mommie's crochet alone? That's worth trying anyway.

I can kind of relate. My niece and nephew are three and four, respectively, and they haven't gotten my scissors but they are fascinated by the concept of rolling a yarn ball across the floor to see how far it will go.

And I did the haircutting thing too, when i was three. Dad took the crap for it though, because he was supposed to be babysitting me and he fell asleep. It took six months for my hair to grow back in right.

Archived