something wierd...

Last night I was working on a baby doll blanket I am making for my niece, sitting on my new sofa with my feet up while I was watching the Olympics.

This morning I threw my crochet bag together to take with me while I was getting my car inspected and couldn't find the skein of yarn I was using last night.

How can a whole skein of Caron Simply Soft go missing? I've looked everywhere and the only thing I can think of is that my sofa ate it, but

it's a recliner sofa, so there's only so far that something can go down into the cushions...

I'm completely at a loss. Please tell me I'm not the only one who's had this happen. I can understand losing a crochet hook, but a whole skein of yarn?

That's just too creepy.

I have a recliner sofa....if yours is like mine it can go all the way to the floor, or into an area between the cushion and the floor.

Voice of experience here (ahem), I haven't lost any skeins yet but have gone on many expeditions with flashlight and one of those grab stick thingies to go after dropped hooks...:blush

If it's a recliner in which you sit, then put the foot part up, see if there is an open area under the foot and seat area once the foot part is raised. Some don't have a barrier across there and a lot of goodies can accumulate under you.

....perhaps someone picked it up and "put it away" for you....our daughter is constantly moving things from one location to another because "I wanted to see what it was"....we call her sticky fingers McGirk! It'll turn up.

Do you have any cats? My oldest cat was upset that I woudn't let him sit on my or the yarn while I was crocheting, he really wanted some attention, but it was hot out and I was in no mood for a 17 pound heater on my lap. About 15 mins or so later, I reached down to get the last ball of yarn, and it was gone! I know it was there a little while ago . . . I got up and looked around, and found it on my bed, with my cat laying around it, his paws (and claws) burried in it!!! When he saw me there, the tail begain wipping back and forth. Now, if he wants some attention, I will pet him for a bit, I don't want all my yarn taken! lol

I hope you find it. I have a recliner that I crochet in a lot & have had a skein go down in the very tight squeeze on either side. I think it works it's way down from getting in & out of the chair. I can't hardly even get my fingers in there but a skein can get down there lol! Once I think it bit me when I was trying to retrieve it. :lol (I stuck my finger on a sharp metal part).

Good luck, maybe like some have said it fell inside, somehow??? I have lost crochet hooks and actually had to have dh tip over the couch, poke a little hole in the bottom to get my hook out. (it was one of my grandmas hooks) it was a new couch too. he he the extremes I go to for yarn and hooks.

~LeeAnn

I have a sofa bed that "eats" balls of yarn. I was using balls up for the Stash Busting CAL and thought I used 3 balls :clap. When I opened the sofa for bed, 2 balls popped up. How did they get into the folded bed, when everything else goes on the floor under the sofa :think?

Ellie 13

I've had yarn show up in the freezer before.....

And when my Lily was a kitten, they would always disappear somewhere. In the 4 years she has been alive, I have never found them, but it must have gotten too stuffed, cuz she doesn't hide them anymore........:think

:hook

Citty 9....how in the world does yarn wind up in the freezer? lololol

um......I was trying to keep it from spoiling????

I think it falls under the same category of my keys turning into other objects when I am running late for work and can't find them anywhere, but they were sitting on the table, in plain sight, the whole time.......

:D

Otherwise the ghost did it.

:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

Yarnivorous? I think we have a new word to add to the FAQ lists!

Yarnivorous, adjective, characteristic of sofas, chairs, cats, children, llamas, spouses, etc. in which yarn mysteriously disappears, rarely reappearing, but it the yarn does reappear it's never where it originally was.

How about the checkbook in the fridge - yes I did this. And didn't find it for about a week. Pulled my entire house about looking for it - almost called the bank to cancel the book of checks that was in it as well.

I bet your skein of yarn shows up in a spot where you least expect it to. I do this often with my coffee cup and glasses.

Sometimes multi-tasking is not a good thing

Archived