Hubby's Nightstand Trashcan

kariholtz

a170d433.jpg

Hubby's Nightstand Trash Can

©2005Dogwood Dreams - Kari Holtz

Needed: Rug Yarn ( I used : Rug Crafters Rug Yarn , I'd gotten it off ebay, it's kinda stiff which is what you need.)

Size N Hook

Row 1: CH3 4HDC in 3rd CH from hook. slst in top of 2nd CH. CH2 DONOT Turn!

Row 2: 2HDC in each stitch around. slst in first st. CH2

Row 3: *2HDC in 1st ST, 1HDC in next HDC* Repeat from * to * around slst in first st. CH2

Row 4: *2HDC in first st, 1HDC in next 2 HDC* Repeat from * to * around slst in first st. CH2

Row 5: *2HDC in first st, 1HDC in next 3HDC* Repeat from * to * around slst in first st. CH2

Row 6: *2HDC in first st, 1HDC in next 4HDC * Repeat from * to * around slst in first st. CH2.

Row 7: In Front Loop ONLY HDC in each HDC around. SLST in first st CH2

Row 8-15: HDC in each HDC around SLST infirst st. CH2 (Add more row if you want it taller)

Row 16 (or last row if adding more rows): HDC in each st around, SLST in first st. Finish off weave in ends.

Change colors whenever you want.

Not intended for liquid or messy trash

DONOT use as ashtry!!!!!!

I really love this idea:clap I want to make one for the bedroom. How much yarn did it take to make the size of the one in the picture:think . Can you purchase the type needed at Walmart and/or Hobby Lobby?

:ty

I used aprx 1- 1 1/2 ounce of each color. I do not know where to get the kind of yarn I used (Rug Crafter's Rug Yarn)as it was in an ebay lot with a bunch of other types but I am pretty sure that you could subsitute Aunt Lydia's Rug Yarn or ANY 100% polyester rug yarn. This yarn is thick and stiff feeling.

You can get (according to Caron's website) Aunt Lydia's at Hobby Lobby and Joann's to name a couple.

Hubby has requested I use the same concept and make a trash can for the van, so that will be the next project once he gets home so I can have a look to see where would be a good place and what shape/size/how to attach etc.

• 2 months later...

Well, now I know what to make DH for his birthday!

... and! That looks like it would be great as a gift basket for my handcrafted soaps!!!!!!

I have some rug yarn (old, I'm guessing - it was in a lot from Goodwill!)

But, it'll be fun to try out!

THanks for sharing

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I used aprx 1- 1 1/2 ounce of each color. I do not know where to get the kind of yarn I used (Rug Crafter's Rug Yarn)as it was in an ebay lot with a bunch of other types but I am pretty sure that you could subsitute Aunt Lydia's Rug Yarn or ANY 100% polyester rug yarn. This yarn is thick and stiff feeling.

You can get (according to Caron's website) Aunt Lydia's at Hobby Lobby and Joann's to name a couple.

I have seen them in small skeins (?) at Joanns. I think they might be an oz or 2. At my Joanns they are in the isle that has the little bundles of thread (the kind that braclets are made from) and the plastic canvas.

I'm thinking that this is the perfect sofa side trashcan for all my snippets and the like. Thanks for the pattern!

whay is an N hook in metric Idon't have a chart that shows the larger sizes thankyou for sharing your pattern I can't wait to make one or two of them

whay is an N hook in metric Idon't have a chart that shows the larger sizes thankyou for sharing your pattern I can't wait to make one or two of them

That is a 10mm.

(note to self... it is the Big blue one not the little blue one :wlol)

Neat idea!

I couldn't help but comment...my parents each have their own nightstand trash can. While having a Saturday morning cup of coffee at my parents house...my father came out with an empty bottle of perfume in his hand. He glanced at her...then she smiled really big....she looked at me and said "I never buy my own perfume.":devil

Archived