My First Show & Tell - Round Tablecloth (IMG Heavy)

sandra2469

This is my first chance to show off some of my work, so I hope you enjoy. I just finished this for a friend of mine who is getting married this weekend. I used this pattern: http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/RoundAndRound.html. I used a size 7 hook & size 10 Royale thread in white (it wasn't my favorite, but I had plenty of it for some reason).

I ran out of time (started in April & had to take some time off for work & a death in the family), so I dropped many of the rows starting somewhere around 50 or so. The edge that I used was actually somewhere around 4 or 5 rows short of what the pattern called for. I'm pleased with the results, though & hope she'll enjoy it.

The pictures show the finished version before it was washed in our staff lounge at work & then again when it's stretched out on my bedroom floor drying. I still have plenty of ironing left to do, but I think you can get the point :). Hope you enjoy!

TableclothFinished2-1.jpg

It's drying & stretched out on the bedroom floor.

TableclothFinished1-1.jpg

Here it is in our staff lounge when I decided I was finished :D.

TableclothCenter1-1.jpg

Here's a close up (although a little fuzzy) of the center section.

TableclothCenter2.jpg

Here is a closeup of the center sectio after it was washed.

Thank you to everyone. This is the largest thread project I've ever attempted. While it was tiring to do those repetitive rows, I'm pleased with the results. There aren't any more tablecloths on my "to do" list anytime soon, though :)!

Archived