Can your spouse identify this design?

So I did a design on a hat, and I can tell what it is, but I think that's because I know what it's supposed to be. So I thought "I should ask everyone on the 'ville if they can tell what it is". Then, I realized that all you crazy crocheters are like me and are used to finding recognizable designs in crazy masses of yarn. So what I really need y'all to do is ask your spouses/significant others if they can tell what it is (you know, the one who comes over, sees the flower you're crocheting and asks "is that supposed to be a horse?":P).

2613808465_d72d972dfc.jpg

You know, it took me a few seconds to figure it out myself...and then I'm like, "Oh Ba bee!"

DH would see that there was a design, but I'm not sure he'd see that it spelled "Baby..." but then again, he's use to me, and he's surprised me in the past, so who knows. I'll ask him when he gets home.

i see baby, my spouse is somewhere in his big rig.. but might i suggest you whip stitch over the BABY in another colour just to make it more prominent for those half blind men who looks at it and thinks they are looking at a complicated puzzle..lol

so whip stitch or outline it in backstitch..

personally i like it but i thought it might help distinguish it a bit better

I called DH away from the TV, and he came in and looked at the picture. He stands looking at the hat. Then he leans on the computer desk, looking at the monitor. Then he leans closer, squints slightly, and says, "What design?? I don't see nothin'" :lol

Got to love them.

I see baby, my mom wasn't sure......but I think that if you did it in a contrasting color it would make it more obvious to a person that doesn't crochet.

I did it as I crocheted the hat so that I wouldn't have to go back and double crochet over the hat or switch colors, but with the responses I'm getting I'm thinking that it just doesn't work in the same color. Sigh.

Archived