Funny story about Michael's

crochetstepmom

So, a few years ago, DH THOUGHT that he banned me from Michael's. Well, I showed him...I banned him from Lowe's. :lol:lol:lol So, the Michael's ban was lifted quickly.

Anyway, DH likes to play with wood. Lately he has been stenciling, painting, and decorating boxes and plaques. Sometimes when he tries out a new design, he likes to buy inexpensive, unfinished boxes from craft stores so that he doesn't waste a box that he has built if he makes a mistake or doesn't like the design.

Today, he went to Michael's. He got a few boxes and other supplies. I, naturally, asked him if they had any good sales on yarn (tongue-in-cheek.)

:king Well, funny you should ask. I know that you, my loving wife, are ALWAYS in need of yarn. I, being the dutiful husband that I am, went to the yarn section, and I know you're not going to believe this, but (don't you just love it when they say that?)...they were COMPLETELY sold out of yarn!

:queen Really? How sad.

:king I know! Not only were they completely sold out of yarn, but there were no crochet hooks or books either.

:queen Wow.

:king In fact, I don't think that you should even bother going back there. I think they are closing the yarn section at Michael's.

:queen Well, I think I am going to call that store and give them a piece of my mind. ;)

:king No, no....don't bother. I already did that.

The worst part is...that's not the first time that he's tried to convince me that a store has stopped selling yarn. There is a LYS here in town that has the word "yarn" in the name. He tried to tell me once that yarn didn't sell very well so they were selling yo-yo's now. :lol

• 4 weeks later...

Archived