Blankets for my residents

Back in March, I asked for help with some 9" squares to make blankets for the seven residents in the Group Home where I work. ( I don't know how to connect to the actual thread :think:think:think).

Well, I am more than half-way there! I have four of them completed, with squares for the other three almost ready to go:clap:clap:clap:clap. Perfect timing too, as most of the bedrooms are getting new paint jobs in the next month, so I've tried to color coordinate the individual blankets with the new colors.

I'm having my CT release surgery done on Wednesday of next week (if they don't postpone me again) so am trying my best to get cracking on the other 3. If not, I will finish them in August. We have a special Mass at the Church next door every year where the priest blesses each resident, and each staff member individually. The priest always invites all of us to his house for pizza and pop ( a REAL Treat for some of them!!!) afterward, so I'm thinking that would be a wonderful time to present them with their blankets. It usually takes place in June but luckily, it was postponed until September.

Without further ado, here are two of the four that are completed! I can't get the other two uploaded yet. For those of you who added tags with your name on them, I had to remove them to wash them ,but I saved them, and all the lovely notes, and am keeping them in a memory book!

DSCF1075

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24911028@N06/2592835570/

How lovely! I think your idea of when to present them is perfect. Will you be able to share pictures of the party for us?

Yes! hopefully, seven pictures ( one man hates getting his picture taken, but I'll try my best!)

WOW!

I'm so impressed with the blankets and all the caring people who made & sent you squares. What a wonderful project!

:yay:yay:yay

They are so pretty. You are doing a wonderful job putting them together and coordinating the squares. Can't wait to see the rest. This is such a nice thing for you to do for them. I am sure they will all love their new ghans.

Debby

Very pretty Denise. I work in a group home also, three in fact. Love it even when I say I hate it on bad days. I hope it all goes well for your surgery. Love to see the rest of the blankets.

Archived