Lavender sachets INSTRUCTIONS ADDED in post#18

Margie, good job.:cheer I bet they just loved them.:manyheart. I've made sachets before, but have never seen them in that shape, usually squares.:yes. Jan.

It was a pattern out of a crochet magazine that was 12 yrs old. I remembered how to make them. You basically crochet a rectangle & sew up 1 long end to form a small tube. Then you go around the ends & put ch 3 loops for about 4 rounds. Then put picots on the last round. You use ribbon to weave through & pull them up tight & tie into a bow. They really smell so nice. Everybody loved them.

Size 10 crochet thread & a size 6 hook.

Shell-2dc,ch2,2dc

Rnd 1- Ch 36 join w/slst to 1st ch to form a ring or you may not join & work in back & forth rows turning after each. If you join then you will not have to sew it up later.

Ch 3, sk 2 chs, shell in next ch.* Sk 2 chs,dc in next ch. Sk 2 chs,shell in next ch. Rep from * around. Join w/slst to the top of ch3.

Rnd 2-8 Ch 3. Shell in next shell. *Dc in next dc. Shell in next shell. Rep from * around. Join w/slst to the top of ch 3.

If you didn't join then you need to sew up the long end now to form a tube.

1st Rnd of edging- Ch 3 ,sc in ch2 space of shell, ch 3 sc in the dc that between the shells around. Slst to the 1st ch3. Repeat for 4 rounds.

5th Rnd of edging- sc ,ch 2 ,3 times in each ch 3 loop around.

Repeat for the other end of the sachet.

make a small rectangle of muslin larger than the finished middle section of the sachet-not counting the edging at all.

Sew 1 end & the long side closed. Turn right side out. Fill the muslin pouch with layers of dried lavender & cotton batting.

Sew the open end closed & insert it into the sachet. Weave ribbon around the ch 3 loops of the 1st round of edging. Pull it closed & tie a bow. Repeat for the other end.

You can make these with any open stitch pattern. You can join or not join. You can change the edging to any you like as long as you make open loops for weaving the ribbon through.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived