Should the Ville include knitting parts in Original Patterns  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Ville include knitting parts in Original Patterns

• Absolutely, we love our dolls and we love our yarn
    • Yeah... Ok... it's just a doll clothes pattern
    • Well I'd need to see how much knitting before I agree
    • not really ... it could set precedent
    • This is a CROCHET site - what part of that don't you get

I have a pattern I have been working on for our 18 inch dollies but the outer and most visible parts (hat and cape) are in :knit

How would people feel about an Original pattern posted that included knitting as a major element?

(I am still typing

and have yet to get pics

and it has to be posted at my Ygroup first

so it would be a bit before it gets posted here... if that works)

peaches.jpg

I think that it depends on how much knitting and how extensive or advanced it is. I think I could handle like knitting and purling, but anything more extensive, I personally wouldn't use. I think mixing the two arts to show of the advantages of both is a really good idea. Hope all goes well with your design. I wouldn't mind seeing it here, regardless of whether it has knitting in it.

I only know very basic knitting skills, but I would absolutely love to see the pattern posted here. If it's not too complicated, I would definitely give it a try. I know there are many here who knit and crochet. Besides, I just love all of your patterns.

Debby

I love the doll clothes I've seen on the 'ville and I love the encouraging of people to design, and I have nothing against knitting. (Except for the ease with which my son steals the needle or yarn as I try to learn :(...)

I did vote on the last option, however, because I feel like this is one place where I don't have to check through things to see whether I can attempt a pattern - it is here, it is crochet, I know that (if I am so inclined) I have the skill to at least give it a burl.

Here in Australia there are no crochet-dedicated magazines - there are plenty of knitting ones, and one new multi-craft one "Yarn"... all of which throw the occasional crochet-pattern bone (or combo knit/crochet pattern...)

I celebrate your multi-craftedness :hug but do feel as though a mainly-knit pattern doesn't particularly "Discuss, encourage and support crochet" as the logo at the top of the page states...

(BTW :yay to you for creating the pattern, and if you do decide to post it on the patterns area, I'll take it with good grace :):manyheart.)

Cheers,

Marika

i know this is a CROCHET site, but it's not about the crochet to me most of the time but the friends here, and why make friends move elsewhere to share alike loves (knitting and lace making are all so inter-related to crochet inho)

I don't knit at all, but I wouldn't mind if a mostly knit pattern was posted. Just state at the top of the pattern that knitting is also involved so those of us who don't know how are aware.

I voted the first one, post it.

There are lots of knitters here and some might like it. You have the option to post it in the knitters area. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it. I've several finished knitted things posted for viewing. The other day there was cross stitch. What about the edged flannel blankets. It's not like they're all crocheted.

Granted no one wants it to turn all or mostly or too much knitting, I just think one or two things occasionaly isn't going to hurt anyone. I feel if we say no, we're no better than those knitters we complain about.

Just my opinion and doesn't mean much. ;)

Darski, That is beautiful and I do hope you post the pattern. I would like to give it a try. I think that for anyone who doesn't knit, it would still be fun to make the rest of the outfit.

Debby

I have done both crochet and knit in doll cloths. As I prefer the crochet (can get a lot fancier), I do like the looks of the knit on certain areas.

I say to include both.:hook

I don't knit at all, but I wouldn't mind if a mostly knit pattern was posted. Just state at the top of the pattern that knitting is also involved so those of us who don't know how are aware.

This is how I feel too. My Mother can knit and crochet each just as beautifully and I think mixing the two in one pattern is gorgeous, but I'd never be able to do them as I've never been able to master knitting no matter how hard I try.

So, as CrisKad stated above, as long as the post states that both techniques are involved, then those of us that can't knit know not to view it.

P.S. I know my avatar is an owl knitting and I just said I can't knit. I used this avatar because with my health/pain issues I'm always calling out "OW" when I move in a way that hurts me and my youngest son thought I've been saying "owl'. So, even though the owl is knitting, it made me laugh.

P.S. I know my avatar is an owl knitting and I just said I can't knit. I used this avatar because with my health/pain issues I'm always calling out "OW" when I move in a way that hurts me and my youngest son thought I've been saying "owl'. So, even though the owl is knitting, it made me laugh.

Its a very cute avatar!

I voted "not really" because I felt that the last option, though true, was worded just a little too strongly (for me.) There are a lot more knitting sites than crocheting, and I like to look at them sometimes, but at the same time, I don't expect to find crocheting being shown on them. Just my opinion........I love your designs, and look forward to seeing them, no matter what.

Especially if you say that it has knitting in it, I don't see a problem. If there's a knitting area on this site, than what's the problem with having a few combination patterns, especially if they get posted in the knitting area. Just think, instead of a knitting pattern with crochet it will be a crochet pattern with knitting!:)

I voted for the first one. I love that outfit and would love to make it. I don't see any problem combining crocheting and knitting here for those who do both. Have you posted the pattern anywhere?

I have just gotten the pattern typed but I still have to prepare all the pics and get it all presentable and post it at my Y group first ... It takes me a while :wlol

I have finished the sleeves and added the messenger bag so it is now ready to get moving.

Well, I think the numbers warrant the pattern being published here after I post at my group. I have all the parts done now and it is a bit different from what you see here. Probably tomorrow or Monday for the posting.

Call me a hypocrite, but I think if it is crochetville, then it should be about crochet.

I can do both, but prefer crochet. I get frustrated that alot of the pattern and yarn sites seem to have more knitting than crochet. And really annoyed when your handiwork is called knitting even if it is crochet. They are two seperate and unique arts. Each deserving in their own way. If we are to incorporate knitting patterns into the ville

I think they should have their own section. Say "Crochetville", with "The knitting Room" as a seperate Heading. JMHO

Archived