Famous people who crochet

Um I don't know about you ladies but I find thinking a very important process when I am crocheting! :lol

SIGH Just something else to keep me from doing what I really need to be doing, like laundry, vaccuming, dusting. But hey, this is important stuff to know, right? :hook

that list was interesting to read. Thanks for posting.

I posted in another topic called "Crochet Sightings" at the beginning of the month about Bette Davis crocheting in the movie "The Letter". She crocheted several times during the movie and I believe she really did crochet, mainly because she crocheted in other films and if one watched her hands you could see the stitches coming from the hook. I also commented on her great tote that she carried her crochet in. I want one of those! Oh- and the movie was fun to watch too. Love those old movies.

that list was interesting to read. Thanks for posting.

I posted in another topic called "Crochet Sightings" at the beginning of the month about Bette Davis crocheting in the movie "The Letter". She crocheted several times during the movie and I believe she really did crochet, mainly because she crocheted in other films and if one watched her hands you could see the stitches coming from the hook. I also commented on her great tote that she carried her crochet in. I want one of those! Oh- and the movie was fun to watch too. Love those old movies.

Many (most?) of the female movie stars from that era crocheted, knitted, or both. I would amost be willing to bet that Bette Davis knitted as well. On the knitting boards someone is always posting pictures of stars knitting. It's too bad that these skills are not routinely taught to our girls (and boys, too) these days.

Chrissy, thank you for the link. I would like to go back and really read about some of these people.

Gloria Vanderbilt also crocheted and like Vanna, published at least one book with crochet patterns. She's famous in her own right, but now she's also famous for being the mother of Anderson Cooper.

I was surfing and found this great link. It is a list of famous people who crochet. There is a list and the research that "proves" the craft. It is really neat.

I went and checked this out. Cool. I was surprised to see Rosemary Harris. She happens to be my husbands Aunt. Sweet lady. Next time I see her, I will have to ask her about some of the things she has made!!!!

I went and checked this out. Cool. I was surprised to see Rosemary Harris. She happens to be my husbands Aunt. Sweet lady. Next time I see her, I will have to ask her about some of the things she has made!!!!

Wow!!! I love Rosemary Harris!! She is such a versatile and great actress. I read she is in a new movie production being made in the UK. I'd love to see that one and would be curious to know what she tells you about what she has crocheted in her lifetime. She is such a beautiful lady. (Can you tell I am such a fan?) Thanks for sharing your info.

Wow!!! I love Rosemary Harris!! She is such a versatile and great actress. I read she is in a new movie production being made in the UK. I'd love to see that one and would be curious to know what she tells you about what she has crocheted in her lifetime. She is such a beautiful lady. (Can you tell I am such a fan?) Thanks for sharing your info.

I will have to let her know!!!! To meet her, you would never know she is a star!!! She is sooo down to earth and FUNNY!!!!!!! She was telling us what it was like to make the spiderman movies. I was a little intimidated to meet her at first, but after 20 minutes, she was just another person.....

• 2 years later...

Thank you everyone for all the compliments for my Famous Crocheters List -- it's taken a lot of time & research to compile. Thankfully I've had some fantastic help along the way! :manyheart

... just in the 10 days Debra Norville (of Inside Edition) and Alyssa Milano have been confirmed as Famous Crocheters ... I'm updating the list today! :clap

Thank you, MaryPat, for the heads-up on Gloria Vanderbilt; I will add her to the list of Waiting to be Confirmed.

RenniC, any chance of getting a picture of Rosemary (or her crochet work) actually crocheting? I would love to start adding photos of our Famous Crocheters :crocheting

BTW: I think the original link in this thread was from my old website host. The list is now here: crochetwithdee.webs.com/famouscrocheters.htm

I will have to let her know!!!! To meet her, you would never know she is a star!!! She is sooo down to earth and FUNNY!!!!!!! She was telling us what it was like to make the spiderman movies. I was a little intimidated to meet her at first, but after 20 minutes, she was just another person.....

Dee-

Check with "Angt" as this is her husband's aunt!

Archived