Hooking For A Cure - UPDATE post #654

Daisy

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the LAST and FINAL day of the challenge.

My dear sweet ladies, This is the last and final day of the challenge. At midnight tonight, you may put down your hooks and take a deep breath and sigh of relief, and know that you done good (an understatement)! I'm proud of you! I thank you all so very very much. Without you, this challenge would not have come to be, nor would it be the overwhelming success that it has become. You have put your hearts into this project and it shows. :hug:hug:hug:hug:ghug:ghug:ghug

What a fine group experience we have (the best).

Just a reminder: When you send your squares, please be sure to include your name and address inside the package.

Have a beautiful day!

:hug to all.

I will finish square #5 today. I don't know why I have struggled so with these squares but I think I finally got the hang of it. Square #5 is going much quicker and working up a lot nicer than the others. :hug to everybody!

Wow everyone is doing so great on this!

I burned out after 110 squares. Even with changing colors. I don't know if I can get the 2 boxes to the post office the same day, I guess I could try to carry them in, I don't have a wheel tote or anything... I found I can get 70 in the box I took a picture in and the rest in another box, if it fits, haven't checked yet.

I will be mailing tomorrow (and if I need to, another day).

Debbi

Squares received today from:

Dingbat (Rachel & Linda)

Sissie44

:ty:ty:flower:ghug

:cheer:jumpyay:clap:cheer:jumpyay:applause:jumpyay:cheer

Thank you ladies! :hug:hug:hug

3 weeks as fast as you crochet:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

between the two of us 1 & 1/2 weeks right? :lol

OK Daisy, I've got all my squares STUFFED in a large flat rate box (you're gonna have to be careful opening it when you get it from me so as not to cut a square)

I fit all THIS

DSCF0008.jpg

into THIS

DSCF0009.jpg

and, it wasn't easy.

They'll get in the mail as soon as I can

Joyce

OK Daisy, I've got all my squares STUFFED in a large flat rate box (you're gonna have to be careful opening it when you get it from me so as not to cut a square)

I fit all THIS

DSCF0008.jpg

into THIS

DSCF0009.jpg

and, it wasn't easy.

Joyce

WOW, Joyce, you DID stuff that box :lol. I hope you taped it well, so it doesn't come apart at the post office. Duct tape anyone? :lol

We sure don't want to lose any of those precious handmade squares. That was hard work and I thank you from my heart. :hug

I will be mailing 31 squares at some point this week. I'll finish weaving ends tonight. I'll post pictures before I ship them.

Thank you so very very much! :hugI look forward to receiving them.

I'm sure they are gorgeous and will look beautiful in the afghans!

If March was supposed to be crochet month, than I think we all did our part, LOL! Ooooh, pictures? I love pictures! :D:hug

WOW, Joyce, you DID stuff that box :lol. I hope you taped it well, so it doesn't come apart at the post office. Duct tape anyone? :lol

We sure don't want to lose any of those precious handmade squares. That was hard work and I thank you from my heart. :hug

I hope I taped it well enough. I don't want to make it too difficult to get into, but I don't want it coming apart either. What to do? What to do?

Joyce

I hope I taped it well enough. I don't want to make it too difficult to get into, but I don't want it coming apart either. What to do? What to do?

Joyce

It looks like your box is sealed well. As long as you have the tape going totally around the box, it should stay sealed. I promise to be careful when opening it. These boxes carry precious cargo. :hug

I fit all THIS

DSCF0008.jpg

into THIS

DSCF0009.jpg

and, it wasn't easy.

Joyce

you did a great job.

Okay, it's after midnight in EST and I've put down my hook. I have no idea how many squares I've finished. :think I put bags every place I was crocheting so I could toss the finished squares into them. I need to run around grabbing up those bags before I can get a final count. It should be interesting remembering all the locations: kitchen, bedroom, computer room, four vehicles, campus locker, office, and study ... I know I'm forgetting places. :lol

I'll get the squares together and snap a picture before packing them up to ship. My next postal visitation day will be April 4th, so they'll be ready to ship out before then.

Would you be interested in gathering more squares later this year? I know I still have "scrap" yarn in cancer ribbon colors that I'd be thrilled to make into more squares. Crocheting helps me maintain some degree of sanity (well, as much sanity as I've ever had ;)). Plus, there's something satisfying in knowing that I'm helping bury someone under crocheted squares. :yay

Happy hooking!

Forest

My squares, 50, will be finished up, I have to weave a few ends and check them over, then mailed wed, I hope. 50, not th goal I HAD in mind, but its alot, right?

Okay, it's after midnight in EST and I've put down my hook. I have no idea how many squares I've finished. :think I put bags every place I was crocheting so I could toss the finished squares into them. I need to run around grabbing up those bags before I can get a final count. It should be interesting remembering all the locations: kitchen, bedroom, computer room, four vehicles, campus locker, office, and study ... I know I'm forgetting places. :lol

I'll get the squares together and snap a picture before packing them up to ship. My next postal visitation day will be April 4th, so they'll be ready to ship out before then.

Would you be interested in gathering more squares later this year? I know I still have "scrap" yarn in cancer ribbon colors that I'd be thrilled to make into more squares. Crocheting helps me maintain some degree of sanity (well, as much sanity as I've ever had ;)). Plus, there's something satisfying in knowing that I'm helping bury someone under crocheted squares. :yay

Happy hooking!

Forest

You are such a sweetie! :hug

Never give up making squares. There is always a need for them. I think in October, angelfire is going to have another crochet challenge going on for FARA, plus in this charity thread, here in C'ville, someone is always in need of squares for comfortghans, etc. Stay with us and we'll keep you busy with making squares :D. Thank you for all you have done to make this "Hooking for a Cure" project an overwhelming success. :hug:hug

I look forward to receiving your sqyares.

Archived