lapghans needed for senior's christmas. Blog updated with all the pictures. THANKS!!

sissie44

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the border done this weekend, but tons of ends to weave in (left strands on the last row of all of them (that was dumb :oops). Will try to do all those during lunch. I hope I can get it out this p.m. So you will have an extra manly ghan. Okay with me whoever you want to donate it to.

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +3

Silver medal for Stashbusing: 08/24/08

October Charity Square A Long! Oct 24-27

Thanks that will help me! I

It will bet that is ok. cause I want extras just in case! back when Fran told me she needed 100 I thought that meant 100 but I find out as time goes on that there might be extra seniors here now and also for the party. and even though I have left our Goal at 100 (which thanks to all of you we now have:cheer:cheer:cheer) I still want a few more so noone will be left out!! Oh lord could you imagine being at the party and being short one or two blankets and someone not getting one? Lord I would die!!

Now I think what i would like to do IF THIS IS OK WITH EVERYONE!! is if there are any left over from the party we can send them on over to the pine ridge resavaction or I can check and see if the hosp here in town needs any?

what do you all think? we are all in one this together so i want your thoughts on what to do with extras.

I still have the two that I am sending out tomorrow, so you will have two extra anyways, I know that Kidget is looking for some too for those that are still in the lapghan mode.:crocheting

who is Kidget? thank for helping with the seniors:manyheart and as soon as the party is over I will let everyone know if we have any left over. I have 6 here ready to take to sandy's for pictures and to add to our total:cheer:cheer

I forgot to add maybe you should take pic of them all together. Like some people do of the blankets folded & all.

I am ahead of you on this. Sandy sent me pictures of her spare room last night:)) i will post to me blog in a little while:)

Maybe you can get a few pictures to post of them with the ghans. :cheer:cheer

I am so ahead of you on this:)

Sandy is in charge of picture taking! and you can all see how good she is at that by all the pictures she has already taken for us:manyheart

Got the border done this weekend, but tons of ends to weave in (left strands on the last row of all of them (that was dumb :oops). Will try to do all those during lunch. I hope I can get it out this p.m. So you will have an extra manly ghan. Okay with me whoever you want to donate it to.

Thanks dear I will let you know when it get here:manyheart

Still need bags if any of you have had time to look in your closets from last year yet LOL

OK everyone I have been asked what my plans are for a 2009!! So I have been thinking and praying about it and this is what came to me:)

I heard about this from michelle (she is in a yahoo group that I am in--not sure if she is here also) and thought about it and then read the blog on it and realize they do need lots of help here!!.

I would like for us to make Leprosy bandages! Here is the blog on it

http://leprosybandages.blogspot.com/

this would be one of those mindless projects for when we need a brake or on the go some where:)

Please give me feedback on this so I know what we all think about it and if it is something you will be interested in helping with:manyheart

OK THE FLOOR IS OPEN FOR DISCUSSION :yes:yes:yes

Funny you should mention the leprosy bandages, Sissie. I've been wanting to do that for a long time. Actually, I started one and put it aside because of all the other stuff I've been doing. I'd be glad to join you if this is what you decide to do. :yes

who is Kidget? thank for helping with the seniors:manyheart and as soon as the party is over I will let everyone know if we have any left over. I have 6 here ready to take to sandy's for pictures and to add to our total:cheer:cheer

All~

Mission Sunday was held recently at our church and I was amazed to find that I am the only person that crochets or knits. When I went I thought I would be part of a group crocheting items. I got an amazing amount of interest in "lapghans, prayer shawls, and comfortghans" that the church can distribute to those who are grieving and healing for many different reasons.

I know everyone on the boards are spectacularly generous, I am making it my "mission to donate" 30 items to the church by New Eve's Year.

Each Item should have a "sticker or tag" so that our member knows where the amazing gesture generates. I have 2 afghans and 1 shawl already done. Also pictures will be posted in this thread of each generous gift.

I am asking if you are able to assist me to please PM me.

:hug

here is the information from her post

ok so how did I miss this posting:think where does she have it posted at so i can offer up some help and yes if we have any lapghans left over we can help her!

thanks for sharing this with me:manyheart

Here ya' go Sissie. and, congrats on reaching/exceeding your goal.

:cheer:clap:hug

Joyce

ok so how did I miss this posting:think where does she have it posted at so i can offer up some help and yes if we have any lapghans left over we can help her!

I just figured that you were very busy with your groul you could get yp finalizing and missed it, I just thought it would be a place for us to send our orphan comfortghans and such until you organized your project for 2009.

I do not think I would be able to do this. I have tried to make these but I loose attention too fast. I do hope if you do these you will get a great turn out like you did this year.

OK everyone I have been asked what my plans are for a 2009!! So I have been thinking and praying about it and this is what came to me:)

I heard about this from michelle (she is in a yahoo group that I am in--not sure if she is here also) and thought about it and then read the blog on it and realize they do need lots of help here!!.

this would be one of those mindless projects for when we need a brake or on the go some where:)

Please give me feedback on this so I know what we all think about it and if it is something you will be interested in helping with:manyheart

OK THE FLOOR IS OPEN FOR DISCUSSION :yes:yes:yes

I do not think I would be able to do this. I have tried to make these but I loose attention too fast. I do hope if you do these you will get a great turn out like you did this year.

This is why we also have our other charity challenges. this can be a step aside to mindless for a day or two. and even one will help;):manyheart

I have crocheted for these some period of time. I kept the string and hook in a baggie in the car and when waiting for someone I would work on it. No counting once you get started. Easy and so needed!

I would hope everyone could do 1 in a years time!!!

If given the directions I would be happy to assist you with this. I have wanted to do this one for a while but after some initial investigation couldn't figure out how to get them to the people that need them.

This is why we also have our other charity challenges. this can be a step aside to mindless for a day or two. and even one will help;):manyheart

I am not going to be doing this for our 2009 project. after looking at the size thread we would have to use and the time ot make them I know my hands would never hold up to this!! plus I have written to get more details and can not get an answer from them:(

So I want to do something that will be fun for us not stress us all out with thread!! so I want to make more Blankets next year. and these will be fun ones. we will be Helping VJGC kids

I am helping Carol with the fist set going and then we will set our goal at 100 again:) once i get the thread started I will post back here so you can find me:lol

My 2 blankets will be going out in the mail tomorrow when DH goes to the post office. Let me know when you receive them

Hello Kathy wanted to let you know that you are #'s 98 & 99 on our blog:cheer:cheer

thank you so much for helping

Dearest Sissie,

I am so happy that we reached out goal of 100 lapghans, I am glad the the one's I have done have helped in a small way.

What are your plans for 2009, I still have a trunkload of yarn and my monthly swaps won't put a dent into it. LMK,I'll have hooks at the ready'

Meegan

Angelfire I received your 2 lapghans in the mail today:cheer:cheer

thank you so much and they are both so pretty:manyheart

will be going over to Dusty's (sandy) tomorrow and will get pictures made and on the blog :clap:clap

Thank you again so much for all you have done:hug:manyheart

Sissie, I'm glad the squares arrived. I thought the colors looked very patriotic together. The blue is from Vanna White. The red and variegated are Red Heart SS but I don't know the color names. I exhausted those skeins from my stash. How about picking up an off-white or aran color to pull it all together?

Hey Tealady did you think I had forgot you :lol:lol

here you are #104 on my blog:cheer:cheer

thank you so much for the help you gave this year:manyheart

Sissie, the squares I promised you are in the mail....:hook

Hi Judianne, wanted to let you know I have used your squares & they are in Lapghan #105:cheer

Thank you again for helping me:manyheart

Archived