My First Thread Bookmarks

diamond

Here's my very first thread items; bookmarks. Percy (real name Pinky but as you can see I didn't make him pink) the Worm measures 10.5" long and head is just over an inch wide. The oval fan is 9" x 2". The links can be found here: Pinky The Worm Bookmark (see url below) Safiya's Butterfly Bookmark but as you can see, I haven't added the butterfly yet. I think I'll make another oval to add the butterfly too. I like this one as it is.

bookmarks4uc.jpg

Percy's eyes are wiggle eyes that I hot-glued on and his mouth is simply a piece of red thread with knots on the ends and then hot-glued on.

This was my very first attempt at thread crocheting. It's tough on the eyes and fingers, but other than that, I loved it. I made these both in a couple of hours while watching TV last night.

UPDATE: The worm bookmark is on a members only forum. Sorry to those that aren't members. Membership is free if you want to view the pattern. Or you can try a direct link; copy & paste this url:

http://groups.msn.com/HappyHookeraCrochetersParadise/memberpatterns.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=14096&LastModified=4675484715814590112

Regarding Safiya's Bookmark, I fixed the link.

Thank you, Coralie! It was a bit of a trial for me. I had never worked with thread before, always yarn. And I had never worked with such a small hook although I did use a B hook. I simply couldn't work with anything smaller. The thread is Aunt Lydia's Classic Thread #10 (part of my stash I'm trying to destash.) Now that I've got the hang of it, I've joined the Bookmark Swap that just opened up. 2 down.....3 or 7 more to go!

:yay How cute. I especially love the "book worm". As much as I read, and use pieces of paper or coupons for bookmarks, I should make one!!

So cute! Are you sending those in in the swap? Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get one!

hee hee: edited because I typed "swamp"!:lol

Yes, they are both being added to my Swap collection of bookmarks. So hopefully you will get one.

The links are now fixed for those that want the patterns.

Pinky is on a members only site so I can't directly link to it but I can give the full url. Just copy & paste it and you should be able to see & print the pattern. Safiya's Butterfly link is now working properly.

For Pinky/Percy:

http://groups.msn.com/HappyHookeraCrochetersParadise/memberpatterns.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=14096&LastModified=4675484715814590112

For Safiya's Butterfly:

http://www.geocities.com/safiya_ali/patterns/Butterflybkmk.html

You did a great job! I love the worm, it's soooooooo cute.

I love working with thread and don't worry you'll get used to the skinny thread and tiny hooks. I think bookmarks and doilies make wonderful little gifts.

Very very nice worm you have there. The other one that you didn't add the butterfly to yet, is a very challenging pattern. You are very good to be able to figure that one out. Especially for a first timer. :dance

Very very nice worm you have there. The other one that you didn't add the butterfly to yet, is a very challenging pattern. You are very good to be able to figure that one out. Especially for a first timer. :dance

The pattern I used (without the butterfly) was actually the first of the two I had made. So it is officially the first.

• 1 year later...

Archived