Sherbert Tank Top

I'm one of the testers, and so far, my only problem has been my own darn fault! I was almost half way through when I decided to try it on to decide how long I wanted it to go, and it turned out to be WAY big! So, instead of continuing on, I frogged it all yesterday afternoon and started over. Hopefully I got my measurements right this time! I have had no problems with the pattern yet, and can't wait to get home tonight so I can work on it some more! I REALLY look forward to the finished project....

Jennifer

Jennifer,

I think I am going to write that into the pattern, to make sure you hold the starting ch around you and make sure it is the right size before continuing.

Elizabeth,

Thanks! I posted in the show and tell....I guess you missed it among all the posts!!

Jessi - I have it started - the solid part is done - but three of my four kids are sick and I haven't had time to sit and work on it - or when I have, it's been fall over drop dead tired and I fall asleep, lol. So far it all reads really well (and I've read through the entire thing to make sure there isn't something blatent I don't understand) - the only thing I might put in there was maybe to put in to continue crocheting in rounds so others don't make the same mistake I did and turn it initially :irk:lol and end up frogging about eight inches ... maybe that's just my lack of experience talking though. :blush

If I don't get to it today or tomorrow, I definitely will later in the week - dh is out of town for a few days and I don't sleep when he's not around, so I'll likely get it done then! :hook

I'm sorry all, I didn't mean to sound upset when I said I hadn't heard from the testers :( I'm just excited to share this, I got so much response in the show and tell....I thank you so much for testing it for me, I still need you too!! I really hope that the kids feel better really soon!!! And I did go back and put that it is crocheted in rounds, and also added when you finish your starting chain, to hold it up around you and make sure that it fits:)

:hug :hug :hug

My timing couldn't be better huh, just finished today. It took longer than usual I think because I made it to big the first time and had to frog it. I think it will all depend on the yarn you use. The pattern is easy to read and follow. I made mine shorter because I am very short waisted.

Mary

crochettank2.jpg

I really don't see any problem with this pattern.

I am being very slow, had to get a couple of things finished.

I'll get back to you on it once I'm finished.

PS. It looks really good in green. (Mine is going to be white)

Oh my gosh! I'm so excited to see someone else's!!! It looks great! I am so happy that it turned out. It looks great on you, and what an awesome color! Thanks so much for sharing the pic and for testing!!!!

Hi Jessi I started mine 2 days ago, my kids have been sick too. I could not find the right yarn so I'm trying it with Lily baby cotton. It seems to be working well. The pattern seems fine so far but I'm only on the first half. What kind of yarn is everyone else using?

Thanks again Jessi for the pattern!!

Oh no - NOT another priject bumped to the top of my list !!LOL-

thats soooo nice - and looks great in both colors - just love the pattern at the bottom - ......have to sneak off to the LYS to get something nice to do it in!!LOL

thankyou so much for sharing!

Fiona:hug

I am so going to try this!!! This would be really neat as a mother/daughter set! I think I'll make some for my friend and her 2 daughters....after I make one for me of course!!

Lauri...

Hm.. I haven't made it in anything else yet. I think it was Mary (dennymare) that made it with Caron's Simply Soft??? Maybe if anyone else has made one they can offer suggestions. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I think you could try any yarn, just keep trying it on as you go to make sure you are getting the fit that you want. :)

Hi Jessi I was going to pm you but I'll just put it here. The tank top pattern was great, super quick and easy to follow. However, I tried to use Lily baby cotton, it was way to heavy and streched alot as I made it. I started out a little smaller than needed and it ended up about 2 sizes to big. I looks beautifull if not a little big and heavy! LOL I really want to try it with the Patons you used. But I'd love to hear what everyone else is using too.

Archived