Ripple CAL anyone???

rippleaddiction

Okay I've not done this one, but I had a look at the pattern & I'm pretty sure you are supposed to have 7 on each end. Your ch2(which dosen't count as a stitch) & 7 dc on one end & 6 dc & your decrease 2dc on the other end.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay I've not done this one, but I had a look at the pattern & I'm pretty sure you are supposed to have 7 on each end. Your ch2(which dosen't count as a stitch) & 7 dc on one end & 6 dc & your decrease 2dc on the other end.

Okay, thank you. It's right.. It's looking more normal as I go along, I just had a scare because I thought I was doing something wrong. lol :cheer

I'm on my 11th row and i've changed my colors. I went out and bought different yarn. I'm using RHSS for this one and I'm thinking of it as a Valentine's afghan. :lol

post-27719-135897498858_thumb.jpg

I'm on my 11th row and i've changed my colors. I went out and bought different yarn. I'm using RHSS for this one and I'm thinking of it as a Valentine's afghan. :lol

Very pretty. Love the colors.

Have been lurking since I signed on but not making much progress. Currently hosting another CAL so had to set this aside again for a few days but at least it is easy to pick up where I left off. The blue is divided by a single row of darker blue but it is kind of hard to see, using three colors in all.

post-7249-135897498877_thumb.jpg

Have been lurking since I signed on but not making much progress. Currently hosting another CAL so had to set this aside again for a few days but at least it is easy to pick up where I left off. The blue is divided by a single row of darker blue but it is kind of hard to see, using three colors in all.

Pretty :):cheer

So pretty. Lovely colors.

this is going to look great once its done! - it already has a striking look

Here's a pic of my new ripple. Its another Vanna, & the same colors, but a diff pattern. Its much bigger and looser - DC instead of SC so it isnt folding on me. We'll see how this one goes.

post-16712-135897499191_thumb.jpg

post-16712-135897499185_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of my new ripple. Its another Vanna, & the same colors, but a diff pattern. Its much bigger and looser - DC instead of SC so it isnt folding on me. We'll see how this one goes.

[ATTACH]15669[/ATTACH],[ATTACH]15670[/ATTACH]

Very nice. Love the warm color combo.

I love to do ripple patterns because they are so relaxing. I can crochet in pattern while watching TV, talking to my husband, etc. I have a ripple afghan that I've been trying to complete for my son. The colors are Rust, Peach, Teal, Aqua, and Cream - it has a Santa Fe look to the color combination. The afghan is worked in strips and the ripples are offset by diagonal granny squares linked together at the corners to fit within the ripple shapes. I will try and post a picture. It is about 70% finished. So count me in - Jackie

I know I said I was going to finish my ripple afghan for my son BUT....I really want to make a ripple scarf before we get our next cold snap here in North Florida. Not sure of the colors or yarn yet - will post tomorrow.

Jackie

PS I will still finish that UFO:yes

Hello everybody!

I'm not a member of this CAL, but I'm thinking about it. The pictures are all beautiful. I made a ripple for my mother in 1981, which everyone in the family loves and still uses on a daily basis. They all say I crocheted sleeping powder into it because every time someone covers up with it, they fall asleep.

Now she wants another one because one afghan isn't enough when everyone wants it. She even willed it to her grandson after she dies.

Maybe I'll get the yarn next week.

I know I said I was going to finish my ripple afghan for my son BUT....I really want to make a ripple scarf before we get our next cold snap here in North Florida. Not sure of the colors or yarn yet - will post tomorrow.

Jackie

PS I will still finish that UFO:yes

How are your ripples coming along? I made a ripple scarf for my niece for christmas. It turned out so cute.

Hello everybody!

I'm not a member of this CAL, but I'm thinking about it. The pictures are all beautiful. I made a ripple for my mother in 1981, which everyone in the family loves and still uses on a daily basis. They all say I crocheted sleeping powder into it because every time someone covers up with it, they fall asleep.

Now she wants another one because one afghan isn't enough when everyone wants it. She even willed it to her grandson after she dies.

Maybe I'll get the yarn next week.

How's it going? Sounds like you might need to make more then one.:lol

I'm still inching along on the trim for my scrap ripple. I don't know why it's going so slow. I have gotten 20 more rows done on my mom's ripple. It's about halfway done.:yay

Hello ladies,

I understood there is a granny ripple pattern on Crochetville but I can't find it? Could someone please direct me to the right place, I'd appreciate it so much.

The ripple I'm looking for is like a v stitch ripple, more open at and by the stitches, not closed then open? I saw it in a ad in crochet or crochet today magazine and understood it was on bernat website and I checked there and everywhere it seems and can't find it. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Y.Marie

I got the yarn for my mom's next ripple. She wants it in the same colors as the ripple I made her 28 years ago--dark brown, pumpkin, tan and off-white. Believe it or not, I found the very pattern I used back then, too. The stripes on this pattern go longwise, so if I want it long enough to cover my entire body and use an "H" hook, I have to chain over 500 stitches! I have an alternate plan--use my favorite "N" hook. This will be much faster.

Another thing--What Red Heart is calling "pumpkin" sure looks orange to me.

Happy rippling!

Hello ladies,

I understood there is a granny ripple pattern on Crochetville but I can't find it? Could someone please direct me to the right place, I'd appreciate it so much.

The ripple I'm looking for is like a v stitch ripple, more open at and by the stitches, not closed then open? I saw it in a ad in crochet or crochet today magazine and understood it was on bernat website and I checked there and everywhere it seems and can't find it. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Y.Marie

Here is the granny ripple pattern I used. *edit Sorry it won't let me post the link. Try googleing linus project & granny ripple.*

I got the yarn for my mom's next ripple. She wants it in the same colors as the ripple I made her 28 years ago--dark brown, pumpkin, tan and off-white. Believe it or not, I found the very pattern I used back then, too. The stripes on this pattern go longwise, so if I want it long enough to cover my entire body and use an "H" hook, I have to chain over 500 stitches! I have an alternate plan--use my favorite "N" hook. This will be much faster.

Another thing--What Red Heart is calling "pumpkin" sure looks orange to me.

Happy rippling!

Sounds pretty. Red Heart's "carrot" is more pumpkin colored.:blink

hello everyone

ive always wanted to have a ripple afghan but didnt complete it all

so as im in the ancient greek compitition ill start a ripple afghan for my self useing the one pound yarn ive got

ill use a ripple pattern from the jan eaton book (200ripple stiches to knit and crochet) and the way im useing colors is by useing the first skein untill it finishes then the second skein then the third

but i i thought the middle color will be a combination of 2 colors (1 row color b , 1 row color c) untill they are done then ill use the fourth color

i know its a bit complicated but ill post photos

and nice work everyone loooooooool

• 3 weeks later...

I finished the scrap ripple, I'm working on the trim for my mom's ripple & I started a new one in colors to match our living room. The pic is of the scrap ripple.

post-31726-135897509755_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Shelley,

Really nice....very colorful:clap...I have always wanted to do a scrapghan but didn't want to contend with all the ends.

What are the colors of your livingroom ripple?

• 1 month later...

hello all...it's been ages since I have been here...can't believe I started this CAL 2 yrs ago!!! So glad to see it's still going. I had ankle surgery a little over 6 weeks ago & am still recovering...UGH!!! Need to start a new ripple (before I lose my mind)!! I have been looking at everyone's ripples & just LOVE them all...so hard to decide on colors & pattern...gonna keep looking for ideas...any ideas would be great! Happy rippling!!!

Welcome Back ripple!!!! Yep, We are still around :o) Sorry to hear about your ankle....but you are right, it is a great time to start another ripple...let us know what you decide for colors....

Archived