Ripple CAL anyone???

rippleaddiction

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I'm new to crocheting, but I decided to take on a ripple baby blanket for a cousin whose wife is expecting their first child in June. I'm about halfway through it, using the pattern/guide from Attic24. I'm finding that it's going by REALLY fast and I've already decide I want a bigger one for myself in the same colors eventually. I'm using Bernat Softee Baby in Soft Red and Yellow (I think the proper name is Lemon but my goddaughter had a little fun with the label/skein). It's taking a little longer since I need to rewind the skein but I'm loving every moment of the actual crocheting!

Ann,

Sounds like a great fun project!!! Enjoy......and keep us posted on how it's going!

A Ripple Was My First Project Also....

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the first baby blanket! If I haven't mentioned it already, it's in Bernat Baby Softee in Soft Red and Lemon, using Attic24's ripple pattern. I put a simple edging of two rows of single crochet in the Lemon. It looks wonderful! I know I made a little mistake on the turning chains but it still looks great and I love it. I'll post a photo tomorrow when the sun comes out.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been crocheting much lately, but I'm trying to get started again.

Shelley,

Really nice....very colorful:clap...I have always wanted to do a scrapghan but didn't want to contend with all the ends.

What are the colors of your livingroom ripple?

The scrap ghan was fun& I used scraps that were long enough to do a row or 2. My LR afghan is gold, dk sage, claret, pumpkin, & lt tan.

Thank you...hubby taking me to get yarn today :-) I'm thinking I'm gonna do shades of brown?!?

Welcome Back! How's that ripple coming?

Finished the first baby blanket! If I haven't mentioned it already, it's in Bernat Baby Softee in Soft Red and Lemon, using Attic24's ripple pattern. I put a simple edging of two rows of single crochet in the Lemon. It looks wonderful! I know I made a little mistake on the turning chains but it still looks great and I love it. I'll post a photo tomorrow when the sun comes out.

YAY! Good for you.

I just discovered the ripple stich the other day .. had never attempted one and thought it was a fairly easy pattern once I understood the motion of it. It took a few tries but I thought it was pretty. I also found another type of riple online during a search and this one is a 3d type and is nothing like the ripple (wave) type. If I can find that site again I will post it here.

• 5 months later...

Hello Everyone,

I am ready to do a new ripple! HELP..:eek..I need ideas, and some or all of you to join in. Got some fall RH colors today..warm brown, carrot & variegated fall...I am so indecisive, but at the same time, impatient lol...any ideas or pics or patterns would be fabulous! Thank you so much...would love to keep the ripple CAL going :cheer:hook:cheer...

Christine,

I love your colors...and I really like that pattern. It's decided, that's the one I'm gonna do. Thank you sooo much, I was really hoping to start something tonight ;-) and now I can!!! Will post pics of my progress. Thanks again. Please keep updating yours pics too...would love to see them!

Bonnie

Christine,

I love your colors...and I really like that pattern. It's decided, that's the one I'm gonna do. Thank you sooo much, I was really hoping to start something tonight ;-) and now I can!!! Will post pics of my progress. Thanks again. Please keep updating yours pics too...would love to see them!

Bonnie

My youngest LOVES orange. She picked the orange and then I found the ginseng and she adored it. then insisted on purple too.

although I do love the greys in the original pattern pictures.

the original pattern says to have 2 rows of each - but I am doing 2 colour, 1 white, 2 colour. it was too much white with 2 rows.

here is an updated picture - 2010-11-11001.jpg

wow...it's coming out beautiful!!! I started mine last night, but thought the chain 240 was going to be too long...should have went with it, I didn't realize how much it was going to bunch up...so before I go any further I'm going to take out the 1 1/2 rows I have done and extend the chain...as soon as I get some done, I'll post a pic...

Bonnie

lol, it is, but once you get used to the pattern, it's not too bad...I am using RH medium thyme, carrot & fall...is yours really floppy, like there's to many stitches? does it flatten out the more you get done. I love the look of the pattern, I just don't like how much it's curling...

Hello Everyone,

I am ready to do a new ripple! HELP..:eek..I need ideas, and some or all of you to join in. Got some fall RH colors today..warm brown, carrot & variegated fall...I am so indecisive, but at the same time, impatient lol...any ideas or pics or patterns would be fabulous! Thank you so much...would love to keep the ripple CAL going :cheer:hook:cheer...

I like the colors you have chosen, they should be pretty together. looking forward to seeing photoes

I love ripples!

I'm currently working on one for my youngest daughter - the Gaelic Bay pattern from LionBrand http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90088AD.html?r=1

here's a pic (its orange, bernat ginsing, white and a royal purple)

2010-10-13006.jpg

This is pretty. I am saving it. thanks for sharing:)

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice ripple Christine. I have one in WIP status. I take it out every once in awhile. It's one for me so I hardly get around to it since I'm usually working on projects for friends and family or charity.

It may have a few more rows since this pic but you get the idea...

post-23834-135897606477_thumb.jpg

Very Beautiful........The colors are lovely and the size is perfect for the twin bed.

This CAL just continues to thrive!

I have mine done.......finally......just need to get a picture taken. And I am in process of crocheting a "wave" pattern. Will try to post that pic also.

Happy Rippling,

KathyWho

Archived