Ripple CAL anyone???

rippleaddiction

I just started a new ripple right before Christmas. I made one for my mother 10 years ago. I did it in a solid color and that's what I'm doing again. My living room has a lot of different fabrics, so a solid looks best. I still really like the one I made for my mother. I'm surprised how nice a ripple looks in a solid. It's done with sc and dc, takes forever which is why I probably haven't done one it 10 years. Ripples and grannies are classics and always in style.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to start a ripple for myself & DH - imagine that - an afghan for us??!! :rofl:rofl It's the shaded blanket from Vannas color it beautiful. Getting started today:clap I'm sure posting my progress here will keep me motivated. Think it's going to take me a while - working full time & keeping up with my other projects. :lol

Now when do we ever find the time to do for ourselves?:rofl

great to have you here:cheer

well I am moving right along with my ripple. I have been able to get a few rows in each night. Looks like I will be finished by the first week of Feb. Love this DC.

Great job! keep on moving on:cheer

how many rows now?

I just finished this one, it measures 42/52 it is a lapghan that I donated to the hospital cemo unit...

oh wow that is so pretty! GREAT JOB:cheer:cheer

I just started a new ripple right before Christmas. I made one for my mother 10 years ago. I did it in a solid color and that's what I'm doing again. My living room has a lot of different fabrics, so a solid looks best. I still really like the one I made for my mother. I'm surprised how nice a ripple looks in a solid. It's done with sc and dc, takes forever which is why I probably haven't done one it 10 years. Ripples and grannies are classics and always in style.

I am doing mind in solid also. how are you doing sc & Dc?

I just finished this one, it measures 42/52 it is a lapghan that I donated to the hospital cemo unit...

Oh I love this. Very pretty.

I'm on row 58 on the scrap ripple & row 8 on mom's throw.

Hi everyone!

I'm just about to start a ripple afghan for ME, ME, ME! and I thought this CAL might get my little bottom in gear and inspire me to pick up the hook... unfortunately, I've just spent a veeeeeeerrrrrrrry pleasant hour reading all your posts and looking at your photos instead of actually doing any crochet :eek So you're already a bad influence :devil

Oh I love this. Very pretty.

I'm on row 58 on the scrap ripple & row 8 on mom's throw.

Do you have any pic's to share yet? we love pic's:clap

Hi everyone!

I'm just about to start a ripple afghan for ME, ME, ME! and I thought this CAL might get my little bottom in gear and inspire me to pick up the hook... unfortunately, I've just spent a veeeeeeerrrrrrrry pleasant hour reading all your posts and looking at your photos instead of actually doing any crochet :eek So you're already a bad influence :devil

yes we are good at that :lol I did the same thing when i started here last week:yes

it is good that you are doing one all for you!! I am looking forward to seeing it. what colors are you going to use?

ok...it has been a slow week for me..but let me see if my pictures work.

http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/ae332/merlinspride/

yes it worked and nice colors! I like this:cheer are you doing in backloops only?

I am working on a ripple for my DH using scraps. I don't know how long it is going to be but it is 5 foot wide.

Ripples are always a great way to use up scraps:yes how many rows so far? looking forward to pics:clap

Sissie...yes I am working in back loops only, when I do a ripple, I like the ridges.

I got a few more rows completed last night. has been a really slow week for me, I will try to get another whole color pattern completed by Monday.

I have a question for everyone...do you weave your ends in as you go or do it at the end?

I was taught to crochet them in the stitches as I went, never realized people didnt do that. Until I saw my SIL doing a granny square blanket with all these ends sticking out...I thought wow, that is a sloppy looking until she mentioned weaving them in at the end...I think that would drive me nuts!!

Happy hooking everyone

ok here is my pic taken after two skeins of yarn and 30 rows.

It is dark so didn't show very well. will try to do a better one next time. I am now at 36 rows:cheer

This is beautiful. I love the color.

[attach]15278[/attach]

Hey it worked...ok...blanket is DC, using I Love This Yarn in buttercup, white, spring ombre and a green. It will cover a queen size bed when finished.

Pretty. Great color combo.

I'm up to 85 rows on my scrap ripple & 13 rows on my mom's. I'll try to get pics tomorrow during daylight hours.

so guess what??? after 50 rows Ive decided to frog my vanna ripple....:angry its too small and too smooshy...like an accordion..but I havent worked too tightly,:think,,think its the pattern from what Ive read (:eek after the fact...:eek) but it's ok cuz ive already started another one...:cheer

I'm not part of this cal but I'm just finishing my first regular ripple. It's in tan, light pink and lighter purple. I'm so excited. It's pretty good sized too!!! Now I want to start another one. I definatly have enough yarn for one. Anywho. Back to my ghan/

Julee

I am using Susan B's Easy Afghan pattern and since I had to decide what colors to use out of a mismatched stash.. lol nothing really went together but I happened to start with a maroon and a tan color so then I remembered I had some medium blue and voila! country time red white and blue colors! :hook

Hello all..I made good progress this weekend. I completed another 10 rows. It is working up really fast.

Leaflyn...my first afghan was a ripple, it is how I learned. I think it is perfect for a beginner, as it is so easy to stop in the middle of a row and pick it back up later. It will be addicting..have fun!!

I'm using that pattern too. I love the flow of it. And boy does it work up fast.

I've almost got rnd 1 of the edging done on my ripple. After I'm done with that I'm gonna start a cover for a round neck pillow for my dad. And then I'll probably start another ripple. Not sure of the colors yet though.

Julee

so guess what??? after 50 rows Ive decided to frog my vanna ripple....:angry its too small and too smooshy...like an accordion..but I havent worked too tightly,:think,,think its the pattern from what Ive read (:eek after the fact...:eek) but it's ok cuz ive already started another one...:cheer

Bummer!! Glad you're giving it another try.

I'm hopping in and starting a ripple! It will be my first one and first afghan! :clap

:yay & welcome.

I'm not part of this cal but I'm just finishing my first regular ripple. It's in tan, light pink and lighter purple. I'm so excited. It's pretty good sized too!!! Now I want to start another one. I definatly have enough yarn for one. Anywho. Back to my ghan/

Julee

:clap & welcome to you too.

I am using Susan B's Easy Afghan pattern and since I had to decide what colors to use out of a mismatched stash.. lol nothing really went together but I happened to start with a maroon and a tan color so then I remembered I had some medium blue and voila! country time red white and blue colors! :hook

I haven't tried this one. I'm using Attic24's pattern. So easy. Your colors sound very pretty.

I'm using that pattern too. I love the flow of it. And boy does it work up fast.

I've almost got rnd 1 of the edging done on my ripple. After I'm done with that I'm gonna start a cover for a round neck pillow for my dad. And then I'll probably start another ripple. Not sure of the colors yet though.

Julee

:cheer We'd love to see pics.

I've gotten to row 105 on my ripple. I'm close to finished with it.:clap

Hey all, i'm working on my ripple from the Susan B's Easy Ripple pattern and i'm concerned about my edges.. are the ends supposed to decrease? can anyone show me a pic of what they're supposed to look like? thanks :)

Do you mean you have less stitches or that it looks narrower?

I think I was confused.. but there should be six stitches between the the beginning and ends and the first peak (3 dc in ch) right? :think

Archived