Rug

livedinalaska

Just wanted to post an update on the rug I'm making for our kids room. The original pic is here, so you can see how much it's grown! I measured it this weekend and it's now 7'10" x 6'3", it's grown by a few rounds since.

It's really been quite a project! I'm pretty proud of it, but wonder what the long term practicality of it will be, so am second guessing myself alot.

The crocheting part of it is pretty simple, but it takes a lot of extra time to cut the strips and weave them together.

Thanks for looking!

Rug2_1.jpg

that is a great rug. i hope it lasts a long time. from what i hear, it will last you a long time.

i make potholders out of fabric strips and i've been wanting to make a rug. seems too intimidating but after seeing yours, i may try it.

You are doing a great rug! I love it! Are you sure you want it in a children's room with all that white in it?

I have a rag rug my great aunt made 55 years ago. It's still in good shape, faded a little but who cares. and sits under my DIL's den sofa. Yours looks great and will last as well.

You will love your crocheted rug! And I really don't think that you will ever see the day that it wears out. ;-) I love the design that you're getting. Well done!

Crocheting fabric strips was my beginning to crocheting! We have quite a few around here.

Archived