Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're down to the last week of the quarter. If you haven't done so already, start planning your 3rd quarter list. I'm thinking that I will be figuring out Christmas gifts and working on those 3rd quarter to get them out of the way. I'm also going to try to wrap up the loose ends of my UFO's.

For this quarter, I'm about 40% through my knitted Lace Hem Topping. It's rather quick to knit, I just spare a few minutes for it every day so it's taking more time than if I were dedicated to the project for quick completion.

I finished a bag for my friend--it's an, um, anatomically correct purse.

The pattern is available here:

http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/imbolc07/snatchel.htm

My pictures are here:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u234/jenhen11/crochet%20stuff/013-1.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u234/jenhen11/crochet%20stuff/015.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u234/jenhen11/crochet%20stuff/017.jpg

I still have a couple projects--a few projects--not done for this quarter, althought they weren't on my list either. So I may just carry them over until next quarter--next week already!

I also want to start my xmas stuff--I am planning on giving mugs with homemade hot chocolate mix and fancy coffee/tea, so I thought I would make mug cozies and/or coasters.

This CAL look fun. Will it be okay if I add some WIPs on my list that I am doing in other CALs ? I need a lot of pushes on those WIPs. :rofl

Sure! That's how most of us keep track of our CAL's, swaps and other WIPS!

Well, finally found my camera and got a pic of my skirt and top. Unfortunately they turned out dark, so will just show the skirt and get another of the top later.

th_skirttopandshawl004.jpg

th_skirttopandshawl002.jpg

Again, this is the Sophisticated Shells Shawl and Skirt from July 2008 Crochet!

Well, finally found my camera and got a pic of my skirt and top. Unfortunately they turned out dark, so will just show the skirt and get another of the top later.

th_skirttopandshawl004.jpg

th_skirttopandshawl002.jpg

Again, this is the Sophisticated Shells Shawl and Skirt from July 2008 Crochet!

Susan, that outfit looks great on you! You did a wonderful job and I love the colors!:yay

DoubleTreble (Susan) - I really like your avatar picture which contains a blanket with yellow daisies and red background. Is it a design based on Krystal's Daisy Square pattern ?

DoubleTreble (Susan) - I really like your avatar picture which contains a blanket with yellow daisies and red background. Is it a design based on Krystal's Daisy Square pattern ?

Thanks. No. I found the pic on google images under brown eyed susans. The blanket isn't crochted.

Been lookin back at posts I missed, some great things have been finished since I havn't posted.

Here is a pic from me, my 3rd comfortghan of quarter 2.... look at that i did it!!!!

th_DSC01315.jpg

I still have some squares to do to finish my list, but I'm tired, and they may get pushed to next quarter, I'm happy with all my BIG projects being done!!! :yay

Good job, Ada! :clap

So am I correct that the end of the quarter is June 30th? I have only two projects going at the moment (yes, I am proud of myself). I had to scratch the Restful Retreat Afghan as I can't stand to work with RHSS right now. Too scratchy. I don't know what happened, it used to be my favorite.:( I have a hamper full of it too :(.

So my current projects and what I will be working on for the next week or so are: 1) "The Mobius Pullover" out of Beautiful Crocheted Sweaters by Patricia Bevans. I have had this book probably since it was first put out (it was published in 1992) but have only ever done one sweater out of it :P. I don't like that many of the sweaters have a plain back instead of continuing the pattern, so I am doing it in rounds instead of two pieces and doing the color pattern all the way around. I'm probably one third done with it. 2) Is the "Peaceful Retreat" from LA Afghans for All Seasons. It's my first time working with pineapples. After another rough start and deciding that no, I wasn't going to do it atleast twice, all is going well with it.

I MAY have the mobius done by the 30th, but don't hold your breath, I'm certainly not :lol. Good luck finishing up your projects everyone!

Hey guys, its amazing what you miss when you can't really get to the computer for a week! Everyone's items look so great! I have to admit I havent picked up a hook in a long time.:eek I have been knitting though. alot. I am getting to the halfway point on my pair of socks and am waiting to start a knitted wrap. So, since the new quarter is about to start, here's my list:

3rd Quarter List:

1. First pair of socks - 40%

2. Candle Flame Shawl - have the super soft baby alpaca yarn and the needles to start.

3. Shill Shell Shawl - 80% This is the only crochet project I have going.

4. Broad ripple socks because socks are ADDICTING.

Of course this list is subject to change at any moment! :lol

Hey guys, its amazing what you miss when you can't really get to the computer for a week! Everyone's items look so great! I have to admit I havent picked up a hook in a long time.:eek I have been knitting though. alot. I am getting to the halfway point on my pair of socks and am waiting to start a knitted wrap. So, since the new quarter is about to start, here's my list:

3rd Quarter List:

1. First pair of socks - 40%

2. Candle Flame Shawl - have the super soft baby alpaca yarn and the needles to start.

3. Shill Shell Shawl - 80% This is the only crochet project I have going.

4. Broad ripple socks because socks are ADDICTING.

Of course this list is subject to change at any moment! :lol

I am drooling over that Candle Flame Shawl. I might have to make one of those! I've been knitting far more than crocheting as well. I'm still editing my list, but I'll be posting it later today. Good luck on your projects!

Here is my 3rd Quarter List

Field of Poppies Afghan for Mom - Yarn will be here soon!

Textured Stripes Throw - Yarn will be here soon!

Lace Hem Topping - 45% done

Lacy Pineapples Pullover - 40% done

China Doll Top - 10% done

Knitted Twinset for 3yo DD - 0% yarn in stash

Circle Sleeve Lace Tunic - 30% done

Woodland Tunic - 20% done

It looks like the two of you are really enjoying the knitting! What do you like better about it? I'm still planning to learn to knit but got sidetracked by papercrafts, mostly mixed media/ATC's! I've joined a couple of online groups that I'm doing swaps with and it's so much fun.

Tell me more about why you love to knit!

Okay, didn't finish the Mosaic pullover. :( So here is my 3rd quarter list

1. Mosaic Pullover- 75%

2. Peaceful Retreat Afghan- 25% (maybe)

3. Floral Fantasy Afghan 3/93 motifs done

4. Afghan for niece- pick out and get yarn for.

5. Boho Bag- have yarn

6. Pick out patterns for Moonlight Mohair and other yarns :lol

Welcome Justamom!

Kim - What I love about the knitting is that it doesn't hurt me to do it. I have arthritis in my wrists and I've found knitting is much easier on it than crocheting is. I also love how smooth stockinette fabric is. lol I also love that it takes less yarn to make something when knitting compared to crochet. The less favorable aspects are that it's time consuming. It takes so much longer to make comparable items out of knit than crochet. Also, it's a real pain in the rear if I drop a stitch. I've gotten better about that, but still... Hair pulling does commence when that happens. Also, frogging is a pain for me with knitting compared to crochet. Swearing usually commences when I have to do that. :lol

I would like to join. I hope to finish some WIPs.

Here is my list of items I would like to complete:

2 baby blankets (50% and 30% complete)

woven blocks quiltghan (5% complete)

Lily doll(0% done)

I know my list is tiny compared to some.

Archived