Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

I can hardly believe the 3rd quarter is here! Well, I think I will try for...

1. Another heakle beutle, huckle buckle, (however you say it!) bag.

2. Baby afghan for friend.

3.Find and pattern and begin a wedding afghan for niece.

4.This is the space for any extra projects I just can't resist!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my very short list for this quarter....I'm sure I'll add some things as I go along...

1. Lisette Shawl....95%

2. Vintage blanket...Greek Games project

3. Short jacket...can't recall name of pattern...have yarn

4. Cotton Tote Bag....10%

That's it for now!

Good morning, everyone!

I sewed the shoulders together of the Mosaic Pullover, but couldn't get motivated to start weaving in and put on the trim. So I worked alittle on the Floral Fantasy then decided that I just had to pull out the Bernat Alpaca I had gotten on Sunday and start the Boho bag. Wow, I love this pattern. :manyheart It is one of Drew's and is working up so nicely. And I love the yarn as well. :manyheartFirst time working with it or anything not acrylic or cotton. I am doing the final side now then need to do the handle and drawstring. I do want to line this one, which will be another first for me. I've decided 2008's theme is firsts :lol.

Hope everyone's having as much fun as I am :yay.

I haven't used the Bernat Alpaca but I've used other Alpaca yarns and it's so soft! Definitely post pics when you're done.

I have sad new...our 2 yr old English Mastiff died last night. She had been sick for a week or so and then got worse. I'm really sad today.

:eek Oh, Kim, I am so sorry! :hug She was only 2? Goll, that's rough. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks so much Susan...it's been a real shock. The vet thinks she had an allergic reaction to a vaccine. We only had her for 4 months but she had really become a big part of our family.:(

I haven't used the Bernat Alpaca but I've used other Alpaca yarns and it's so soft! Definitely post pics when you're done.

I have sad new...our 2 yr old English Mastiff died last night. She had been sick for a week or so and then got worse. I'm really sad today.

*hugs* So sorry!

I finished the back of my Lace Hem Topping last night and I'm going to start on the front today. I tried to start it last night but kept messing up the lace pattern so I ripped it out and will have to start over. I think I was too tired. :lol

I should be getting the yarn for the two afghans on my list today. I hope to start on them tomorrow. They are Christmas gifts for my mom and step-father. :hook

Here is my updated list:

Field of Poppies Afghan for Mom - Yarn will be here soon!

Textured Stripes Throw - Yarn will be here soon!

Lace Hem Topping - 50% done

Lacy Pineapples Pullover - 40% done

Circle Sleeve Lace Tunic - 30% done

Woodland Tunic - 20% done

China Doll Top - 10% done

Knitted Twinset for 3yo DD - 0% yarn in stash

Finished! Well, except for the lining. But I don't plan to use this til fall. This is the Boho Bag by Drew Emborsky from Crochet Today March 2008. I used Bernat Alpaca in Tundra. I really enjoyed this pattern. Hope you like it.

th_bohobag.jpg

Finished! Well, except for the lining. But I don't plan to use this til fall. This is the Boho Bag by Drew Emborsky from Crochet Today March 2008. I used Bernat Alpaca in Tundra. I really enjoyed this pattern. Hope you like it.

th_bohobag.jpg

It's beautiful! I love the yarn and you did a great job. What kind of lining are you going to put in it?

It's beautiful! I love the yarn and you did a great job. What kind of lining are you going to put in it?

I am thinking of using an old pillowcase in a beige floral. :lol Waste not want not, right? :lol Okay, Maybe I'm just cheap.

I am thinking of using an old pillowcase in a beige floral. :lol Waste not want not, right? :lol Okay, Maybe I'm just cheap.

I think it sounds perfect....and that's being thrifty, not cheap! :yes There's a difference...LOL

Susan, that bag looks great! I think the pillow case idea is a great one. I also salvage fabric like that. :lol I often use sheets to make curtains, use old shirts to make baby clothes, and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with some old jeans that no longer fit me (too large). Over the past year and a half I've lost 25 pounds, so I have had a nearly endless supply of fabric to salvage. :lol I'm also going to eventually make a couple of quilts for my little girls out of all their receiving blankets (I have stacks lol) and old crib bedding. They are both in toddler beds now and my 3yo is about to get her first big bed this summer.

My paternal grandmother grew up during The Depression and had a big influence in my upbringing. I was certainly raised to waste not, want not. :D

I haven't finished any of the projects from the 2nd quarter so I'm starting over completely. I'm working on two projects right now and I'm determined to stick to it. I want to add some sweaters to my wardrobe. I'm working on a top down cardigan in variegated browns for the fall. It should work up fairly quick since it's done with an N hook. The other thing I'm working on is a shell vest in different colors of blue. I might also start a Little String Bag that I found at Ravelry that is a free download. This quarter I'm going to be good and not start anything else until those are done. I'm getting strict with myself. LOL

I haven't finished any of the projects from the 2nd quarter so I'm starting over completely. I'm working on two projects right now and I'm determined to stick to it. I want to add some sweaters to my wardrobe. I'm working on a top down cardigan in variegated browns for the fall. It should work up fairly quick since it's done with an N hook. The other thing I'm working on is a shell vest in different colors of blue. I might also start a Little String Bag that I found at Ravelry that is a free download. This quarter I'm going to be good and not start anything else until those are done. I'm getting strict with myself. LOL

I'm totally with you. :yes I don't think I got anything completed last quarter. I have put on my list the projects that I started last quarter and didn't complete, 2 Christmas gifts that I want done with time to spare, and one summer/fall project for my 3yo DD that I haven't started yet. I'm in the home stretch of my knitted top and then I'm moving on to other wips before I start anything else. I figure I'll tackle things that are closest to finished first so I get some instant gratification. :D

I'm already changing what I'm doing. I just downloaded Little Summer Bag from Ravelry so I'm going to make that instead of Little/Small String Bag (there are two different names given for the bag) but I know it'll make up real quick since it's mostly shells.

I am drooling over that Candle Flame Shawl. I might have to make one of those! I've been knitting far more than crocheting as well. I'm still editing my list, but I'll be posting it later today. Good luck on your projects!

Good luck to you too! I have had the yarn and the needles for the shawl for awhile, but I am intimidated by it! Its lace weight yarn - but its baby alpaca so it is SUPER soft! Its good enough to have to just pet for now! :lol

It looks like the two of you are really enjoying the knitting! What do you like better about it? I'm still planning to learn to knit but got sidetracked by papercrafts, mostly mixed media/ATC's! I've joined a couple of online groups that I'm doing swaps with and it's so much fun.

Tell me more about why you love to knit!

I think I am enjoying it a lot because its new. I remember being like this when I first started to crochet! It is a lot sloooooower than crochet though! I think once I feel comfortable with it, I am going to try spinning!

Well, I feel like an idiot. At the beginning of last quarter I had wanted to make the Short and Sassy Cardigan. I even bought the thread to make it and started it, but it wasn't turning out. I just bought some Paton's Grace which I didn't know what I was going to do with. I thought, "I'm going to try that sweater again using this." Here it is what I should have been using all along. They meant size 3 YARN not size 3 THREAD!!! Boy do i feel like a dunce. But, on the otherhand, I am thrilled that I am getting to make this.

Well, I didn't get as much done as I planned last quarter. So hopefully, I'll get more done this quarter.

So here is part of my list for this quarter.

Care Bear Afghan

Rectangle Granny afghan

Nine Patch Afghan( Bedspread size) for dear son, in green's and brown's.

3 Pet Blankets

Filet crochet project for my husband (dragon's). His Christmas gift.

That is my list for this quarter. I hope it will go quickly and no other distraction's.

Blessings,

Lynn

Archived