Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You aren't missing anything, it's a show about a family, where the baby is always trying to find ways to KILL HIS MOTHER!!! It's AWFUL!!!!

Lighter note.... I finished the birdhouse dishcloth, you can see it here http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80006 i posted it last night but put a better pic up this morning :)

hehehe, it's a pale green, mint I think.... my camera sucks, I know:P

I cast on the sunflower already, :lol But I'm making Fireman Bear today, it's taking a long time though, I don't know that I'll get the 5 done I wanted to! We'll see.

hehehe, it's a pale green, mint I think.... my camera sucks, I know:P

I cast on the sunflower already, :lol But I'm making Fireman Bear today, it's taking a long time though, I don't know that I'll get the 5 done I wanted to! We'll see.

:lol:lol:lol Well, it's pretty no matter which color it shows up as! Too funny...

Sounds like you really like knitting? My goal is to learn this summer.

what project are you trying as you learn??

I taught myself a few years ago, and only did the swatches to practice knit and purl stitches.... and I was a wreck, I HATED IT!!! My hubby finally took my needles and the book away because I was swearing like a sailor and he was scared our daughter (i was pregnant at the time) would come out swearing :lol

But I got this book for the dishcloths, it's ONLY knit and purl stitches.... and I find it much better this time, more relaxing, and I'm making something, not just "practicing" if you kwim, I want to make all the dishcloths and then some of them are becoming christmas presents as part of sets...at least that's the plan!

what project are you trying as you learn??

I taught myself a few years ago, and only did the swatches to practice knit and purl stitches.... and I was a wreck, I HATED IT!!! My hubby finally took my needles and the book away because I was swearing like a sailor and he was scared our daughter (i was pregnant at the time) would come out swearing :lol

But I got this book for the dishcloths, it's ONLY knit and purl stitches.... and I find it much better this time, more relaxing, and I'm making something, not just "practicing" if you kwim, I want to make all the dishcloths and then some of them are becoming christmas presents as part of sets...at least that's the plan!

LOL, lots of swearing here too! I haven't been able to master casting on much less moving on to actually knitting. I've tried watching some of the videos online and have a few books to work from. I'm slightly dyslexic and I get very confused with it. I decided to try again after my son is home for the summer and if I can't learn it myself, I'll take a few classes. I think I need someone to watch what I'm doing and correct me!

Good luck, all I can say is try to relax, my sil says it's easier with a bigger needle, but I found it to be bulky... this time around I looked at pictures on Lionbrand.com.... they were MUCH better than any of the pictures in the book I had.... ok I'm signing off here, this bear is being a pain, I've been working for a few hours on it, and just finished the Head, so only have head and body done :(

Here is what I have been up too. I know I haven't been in lately, but thought I would take a moment and update my list.

Care Bear Afghan ~ Cheer Bear ~ Cross-stitching the bear

Bookmarks ~ For a Swap on another site~ 10/20

Nine Patch Afghan ~ Shades of Browns ~ Completed and can be found Here

Rectangle Granny Afghan ~ Lavendar ~ 35%

Rectangle Granny Afghan ~ Completed

Baby Blanket ~ Completed

Pictures of the baby blanket are below. My daughter picked the colors for it. They are Red Heart's WW Bon Bon Print, Shocking Pink and Blue.

th_ScannedPhoto-4-2.jpg

th_ScannedPhoto-3-2.jpg

Have a blessed day.

Lynn

Haven't stopped by in a while. A lot of personal stuff going on, and with all the heat I have been kind of lazy and slow. Just concentrating on keeping up with house stuff and family, as well as charity projects. I have no excuse that really means anything to you folks, but although I may not post, I do check in almost every day and read.

Added a camisol made with Brilliant to my list and put my filet shawl on hold for awhile.

Still need to add the lining to my wheel chair tote, and type up the instructions. It is just such a hassle to pull things out and rearrange them to get at my sewing table.

I need to shampoo my carpets and do some pot gardening too. It seems I am getting lazier and more unorganized as I age. not to mention memory gaps. I know the aches and fatigue that will come with the work of moving the tubs and furniture around, so I just try to avoid it. But eventually the piles on my desk and the top of the sewing machine just get so big I have no choice, (like now :lol).

Only made 5 of the fleece blankies, since I cut the 6th one all wrong, so I will use it to make scarves in the winter. Since then I found this really neat cutting board on clearance at Walmart. It is a template for cutting fleece, and includes a lot of neat ideas. I think it would work well for leather/vinyl too.

Have also been spending time try to re organize more of my patterns, and cut down on the collection (again). And replacing them with ones that are more specialized to the yarns I have in my stash.

Also need to do some pics of things I have finished and have been promising I would post.

I used to be right on top of stuff, whoever said, "growing old is not for sissys" really knew what they were talking about.

I finished the Quahog Beach Bag today (isn't that a strange name?) from the free pattern by Crochet Kitten, www.crochetkitten.com

I think it turned out really nice and I'm happy to finish something on my list!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/happybunnycrochets/Crochet/beachbag003.jpg[/img]"]beachbag003.jpg

Very nice, what is that color again? I love shaded greens.

I'd like to join this one! I'll make my list today and post it.

:yay welcome !!!

Ok, we put an air conditioner in the living room yesterday!!! :woo Well, it was the one that WAS going to be in the oldest kids room... but instead we moved the 2 year olds bed into our room, moved my yarn into her room, and then moved one of the older kids matresses into the floor of our room for the summer... this will allow me to crochet during the day for the summer, and everyone gets to sleep in the air conditioned room upstairs.... which is normal, because this is the first year we'll have 2 air conditioners, so not like they are used to an AC of their own.... besides our living room faces the heat of the sun all day... and it's been MISERABLE!!!! And I live way North in PA, so I can't imagine living somewhere that it's really really hot a lot.

I have 15 1/2 rows left of the Zachary blanket, might even finish it tonight after the bbq... just not sure how I'm going to do the border, decisions, decisions. :think

I've also edged 8 squares of the 3rd comfortghan. So, that's exciting!!! And NEXT weekend is the June Weekend Charity Square Along, so I SHOULD finish my square goals for the quarter :woo

Oh, and I have MOST of a fireman bear done, took a while, a LONG while, but he's really super cute!

Anyway, talk to you soon, hope everyone is doing really well, I'll post pics of the blanket progress later on!

Edited to add: Now it's later and here's the pic of the COMPLETED blanket, this is comfortghan #2 for the quarter :woo

th_ZacharyBlanket.jpg

Edited to add: Now it's later and here's the pic of the COMPLETED blanket, this is comfortghan #2 for the quarter :woo

th_ZacharyBlanket.jpg

I use to think I was a crochet addict, but I think you have me beat, :D:hook

Such lovely comfortghans, how do you manage to get so much done so fast? And the finished projects are so nice.

The heat is horrid here too. I put a 2nd AC in upstairs last week. The old one burnt out and didn't keep anyone cool unless you were directly in front of it. I can't imagine how we did without AC all those years that the kids were smaller. We didn't have our first AC or ceiling fan until my youngest was 7, and only because the house in California came with them built in.

We set them at 78, so they don't run all the time. Just enough to make it comfortable and remove the humidity. Also helps keep electric bill down.

But with the heat running into the 90's, and this old place not insulated well, it seems like they never shut down.

Stay well everyone, and don't go out in the sun (or rain storms) unless you really have to.

HappyOldCro-

I blame this CAL for my recent productivity, I usually take much longer to finish anything. Also, I didn't touch my hooks from like November-March, and when I picked them up again, I just haven't put them down, making up for lost time I think :lol

But, this CAL has been really really motivating for me!

Well this was a semi-productive weekend. I didnt get much, if any, packing done, (move in 2 weeks!) but I did get some cleaning done which I think is pretty important anyways.

I finished my sock! I don't think I am going to make its pair and in fact I will probably end up frogging it. I got a bit impatient for the toe decreases so the sock is a little on the short side. But at least I did it. :clap

I also figured its time to order some real sock yarn! So I got onto KnitPicks and that stupid sign pops up, if you order $50 you get free shipping. So of course I have to get the free shipping! But I dont have any projects that I am burning to do, so I had to pick out patterns and then find the right yarn and blah blah blah. It probably took me a good hour to pick out my order! I got enough to make 2 or 3 pairs of socks then I also got some lace weight yarn for a scarf I found from their website. And I am going to try the magic loop way and make both socks at the same time. We'll see though! Its my first purchase of real natural fiber yarn (other than cotton) I cant wait to get it!!

I need motivation.... I have all 48 squares for a comfortghan edged, I have 2 rows assembled, and the 1st square of each joined....

I don't wanna join the squares!!!!! :rolleyes

I want to be lazy, and I just don't want to do it, but I have to do it, and I want to make this ghan available to someone, but I don't want to actually do it :lol If I would JUST DO IT I'd be done pretty quick, do like a row a day for a week and no big it's done....

This is also my 3rd comfortghan on my list for the quarter, and I'm so close to meeting the goal, I'm just being LAZY....

How do I overcome being Lazy??? I just don't wanna! *stomps feet and crosses arms like a toddler*

I need motivation.... I have all 48 squares for a comfortghan edged, I have 2 rows assembled, and the 1st square of each joined....

I don't wanna join the squares!!!!! :rolleyes

I want to be lazy, and I just don't want to do it, but I have to do it, and I want to make this ghan available to someone, but I don't want to actually do it :lol If I would JUST DO IT I'd be done pretty quick, do like a row a day for a week and no big it's done....

This is also my 3rd comfortghan on my list for the quarter, and I'm so close to meeting the goal, I'm just being LAZY....

How do I overcome being Lazy??? I just don't wanna! *stomps feet and crosses arms like a toddler*

:lolbeen there many times, love doing the squares, hate joining them. I did find that if I use the trellis or braided method of joining it is not as tedious and boring as sewing them together, and the ghans are softer and drape nicer without those bulky seams. How are you joining yours?

I meant to post my list sooner but there's one project I want to work on that I can't find. I saw it just the other day but I must have moved it. Anyway for now this is what I'll be working on:

Ice Cream Cone Purse

Thursday Night Shawl by Julee

5 Corner Granny Square Blanket Shawl

Doily Shell Stitch Shawl

Carol~

I edge all my squares in sc of one color and then sew them together using the very long tails I leave before and after the edging. I like the look of it the best, I tried the braided method, but since the squares I join come from all over they aren't all uniform in size. So edging and sewing allows me to squinch and stretch as needed to make everything look even. Because 6" in CA isn't the same as 6" in NC and neither are the same as 6" here in PA :rofl

This blanket I'm joining now is one I originally started using the braid method, but the squares didn't line up, and it looked AWFUL! so I frogged it out and am joining them... AGAIN .

I officially have 2 rows done and together. I'm going to join 8 squares everyday, so I'll have the blanket done in 8 more days, then I'll spend a day on the edging, so 9 days and I should be finished with it...

I trust by now you ladies will be honest with me and tell me if something sucks, so what do you think of Fireman Bear??

th_DSC01302.jpg

Archived