Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

I am backkkk. After three weeks of vacation and guests, I have no time to crochet. :( I think I would join in this CAL for the last quarter. I need time to settle down first.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ladies, I've been away from the ville for a couple weeks, so I havn't posted my official list for this quarter yet. I've decided to go for the gusto and stick to the original, rather long list I posted a while back, here it is:

1. 25 Daisy Squares

2. 49 Squares for OA

3. Assemble 3 comfortghans 1 partially edged

4. Grandpa Pease's Diagonal Hues in Blue, Black and Cream

5. Dawn's Lace and Bobbles 58/80 rnds completed

6. Double wedding ring lapghan (CGAG Challenge)-for FARA COMPLETED

7. Finish all 12 designs in the Garden Dishcloths Book 3 completed

8. Frog Cloth and Towel Set for Aunt Linda

9. Cardinal Cloth and Towel Set for Mom

10. 2 blankets for Donnalynn (to go toward 10 I want to give her by end of December) #1- 90% Complete

12. 30 8" squares for August Blitz Didn't happen :(

13. 5 Premie Hat and blanket sets for September Blitz

14. Scarves/Hats/Mitten sets for my kiddos for winter

I should have plenty to do

I finally finished the Lisette shawl...well, as much as I decided to do. I only did a couple rows of the lace/pineapple border. There was no way I was going to do 10 more rows! That thing took forever and even though I made the S/M it's still way too big for me....Looks like that's going to get donated too.

I'm going to post a revised list..

My revised list:

1. Lisette shawl....finished!

2. Doris Chan's All Shawl....Greek Games Project

3. Bernat Cotton Tote Bag....10%

That's it for now until I finish cleaning out my stash and going thru my patterns!

I finally finished the Lisette shawl...well, as much as I decided to do. I only did a couple rows of the lace/pineapple border. There was no way I was going to do 10 more rows! That thing took forever and even though I made the S/M it's still way too big for me....Looks like that's going to get donated too.

I'm going to post a revised list..

Kim, do you like capelets? If so, I recommend doing the Cold Shoulders capelet in the SNB Happy Hooker book. I made one and I love it. I used Red Heart Symphony for mine so it looks like mohair but didn't cost a dime (I was gifted that yarn in a swap). I added a couple of rows to it to make it hit me at about elbow length and I had to add more solid rows at the shoulders since I have broad shoulders, but it was quick and since it's top-down it's simple to get a good fit. Just a thought since you had a problem with the Lisette. By the way, what color(s) did you make it?

I haven't been doing much the past couple of days. My step-kids are down and with us for the summer and I've been busy with 5 rugrats running around. :lol

Take care.

I finally finished something! It wasnt on my list but I wanted to work on using up leftovers. I made a Half Moon Shawl in mostly pinks and white but with some yellow, light green and a bit of red. I know that doesn't sound real good but it turned out pretty. I'll take a pic and post on Flickr in awhile.

I finally finished something! It wasnt on my list but I wanted to work on using up leftovers. I made a Half Moon Shawl in mostly pinks and white but with some yellow, light green and a bit of red. I know that doesn't sound real good but it turned out pretty. I'll take a pic and post on Flickr in awhile.

I made one of those last year using some vintage yarn that was gifted to me by my mom. It was a watery green/blue shade and turned out just lovely. I gave it to my grandmother for Christmas and she loves it. I hated working on it though. Did you find it mind numbing after about row 20? I sure did.

I started it numerous times in the past and always set it aside but this time I did the one ball one that only has 21 rows. It went really fast. It took three days to make but that was working on it here and there while I watched TV. I think I will make another otne to use up more yarn.

Just wanted to post and say I am COMPLETELY avoiding making my 3rd Q list. But it does help to see that other people are not such procrastinators! Maybe in a couple days.... ;)

:rofl Thanks for the laugh!

I started it numerous times in the past and always set it aside but this time I did the one ball one that only has 21 rows. It went really fast. It took three days to make but that was working on it here and there while I watched TV. I think I will make another otne to use up more yarn.

I did the one that they wrote up for their Cupcake yarn. I forget how many rows were on it. I was using Berella 4 and it had some serious drape. It spanned my couch by the time I was done. :lol I was terrified that my grandmother would hate it because it was so big and she is a very petite woman (I got that from her). She loves to wrap up in it on the couch though, so it worked out.

Kim, do you like capelets? If so, I recommend doing the Cold Shoulders capelet in the SNB Happy Hooker book. I made one and I love it. I used Red Heart Symphony for mine so it looks like mohair but didn't cost a dime (I was gifted that yarn in a swap). I added a couple of rows to it to make it hit me at about elbow length and I had to add more solid rows at the shoulders since I have broad shoulders, but it was quick and since it's top-down it's simple to get a good fit. Just a thought since you had a problem with the Lisette. By the way, what color(s) did you make it?

I haven't been doing much the past couple of days. My step-kids are down and with us for the summer and I've been busy with 5 rugrats running around. :lol

Take care.

I've seen that pattern but haven't tried it yet. I have found that I love making the Gourmet Crochet patterns but the sizing seems to be for a much taller person than me! I made the Lisette with Bernat Satin in a deep Cranberry. The color is gorgeous but does not look good on me at all.....

Have fun with the Kiddos!!

Kim

Would love to see pics! I loved making that pattern!

Updated list

Have finished my sisters RR and sewed most of the bag lining's.

Dolly Parton doll - 65% complete

Retro babette 70% completed

White cat 70% completed

1st aid bag - 95% completed, need to finish lining

Pink bag - 100% completed

Green & beige rr 100% completed

Mums giant granny

Updated list

White cat 70% completed

1st aid bag - 95% completed, need to finish lining

Mums giant granny

I really want to try an RR....everyone seems to love making them.:yes What size did you make?

I really want to try an RR....everyone seems to love making them.:yes What size did you make?

The lilac and white I used a big hook and 2 strands and it came out about 79 1/2" (made a mistake at beg, so it's only 11 points not 12).

The Beige, cream and green is about 46"

I made a red and white one a while ago that's about the same size as the beige, cream and green one.

To see pics, go over to the rr cal, I posted some a few days ago.

So far I have made 3 and they are really quick and fun to make.

Updated list

White cat 85% completed

1st aid bag - 100% completed

Mums giant granny

Worked on the white cat today, made the 2nd ballet slipper, sewed the ribbons on and attached to feet, sewed on the shoulder straps, made some cotton flowers for the silppers.

Wasn't happy with the tutu, so made an under skirt in 2 shades of pink tulle, gonna make some shorts as well so it looks like she is wearing a leotard.

Dug out some pretty flowers and trim, need to sew them on, going a bit OTT, but think it should look nice.

Proberly another few hours to finish it off, was gonna put magnets in the hands and feet, but had already stuffed it, couldn't get the stuffing out without ruining them.

Also finished the lining of the bag, but not 100% happy with it, so might just take it out and leave it unlined, needs to go out tomorrow and dont have time to re-do it.

Hallooooooooooooo....

Are we all on vacation?

I was out of town for a few days...now I have my list for the 3rd quarter. The projects I really want to get done are the xmas gifts. Every year I don't know what to make until after Thanksgiving, and then I am staying up late in December trying to finish things up---this year I want to know how it feels to have most of the hard work done before Thanksgiving! I think it must be :c9.

I actually haven't crocheted in a few days. I finished my Bottom-Up Pineapple Shawl from the class here (it's huge--no pics yet) and I have been idly flipping through crochet books and magazines, but not working on anything yet. Soon, soon....

Hallooooooooooooo....

Are we all on vacation?

I was out of town for a few days...now I have my list for the 3rd quarter. The projects I really want to get done are the xmas gifts. Every year I don't know what to make until after Thanksgiving, and then I am staying up late in December trying to finish things up---this year I want to know how it feels to have most of the hard work done before Thanksgiving! I think it must be :c9.

I actually haven't crocheted in a few days. I finished my Bottom-Up Pineapple Shawl from the class here (it's huge--no pics yet) and I have been idly flipping through crochet books and magazines, but not working on anything yet. Soon, soon....

:lol I know I'm here, just haven't updated in a while. I've been rather busy with the purse swap going on right now. I ended up creating two new patterns for my two partners. Yeah, I ended up with two partners. Double the crocheting, but double the purses coming my way! Win-win in my book. My time has also been rather pre-occupied with my step-children visiting us this month. I haven't touched the blankets I need to make (big shock, I know :lol) but I have casted on my 3 yo's twin set, at least the first part, a tank top. Going slow but well. I have also gotten distracted by other projects, one is a knitted v-neck vest for fall/winter and I'm also sewing a blouse for myself and sun-dresses for my step-daughters.

I'm still here too, just haven't been crocheting much. I made my purse for the purse swap but that's about it. I'm getting ready to make a small bag for a Traveling Teddy group on Ravelry but need to get the yarn. Then I'll be ready for the Greek Games!

It's been a lazy summer for crochet!

I feel like I should be getting a lot done, since it is summer and I am a teacher and I am not working right now. Could it be that 2-year-old clinging to my ankles? :lol

I had to add a couple scarves to my holiday list that I forgot about. I will have to buy yarn for them. The coasters and mug cozies should all be able to come out of my stash. And the Afghan WIP I started last year as a stash-buster should help me use up some yarn. So if I could just get started----Must....Pick.....Up......Hook!

I feel like I should be getting a lot done, since it is summer and I am a teacher and I am not working right now. Could it be that 2-year-old clinging to my ankles? :lol

I had to add a couple scarves to my holiday list that I forgot about. I will have to buy yarn for them. The coasters and mug cozies should all be able to come out of my stash. And the Afghan WIP I started last year as a stash-buster should help me use up some yarn. So if I could just get started----Must....Pick.....Up......Hook!

:lol Yup, a two year old definitely can slow down the creative process....my excuse is a 17 yr old home from school for the summer! He doesn't cling to my ankles...he's just bored and starving most of the day...:lol

My revised list for the week....

1. Tote bag for Traveling Teddy....Finished!

2. Doggie blanket.....50%

3. Purse for Bag Swap.....Finished!

4. Doris Chan's All Shawl.....Greek Games Project

5. Bernat Cotton Market Bag....10%

I've been cleaning out my yarn and patterns....time to crochet again after taking some time off!

Updated list

White cat 80% completed

1st aid bag - 100% completed

Mums giant granny - Need to take photo, measure and count rows, to see how much more I need to do to finish it for her.

New items

Cat quilt - 15% Completed

Gothic rr - 15% Completed

Purple pet blanket - 80% Completed

I'm getting somewhere but not very fast. Like someone else mentioned I also have a very busy rowdy 2.5 yr old and 7 yr old getting between me and my work. I'm hoping for progress on #3 the BPT and #4 tomorrow as we're doing a road trip for the day which means my 7 yr old can hand sew :eek and I can knit and crochet :yay while dh drives... and the 2.5 yr old will play with her dinosaurs! :)

0% - 1. Rag Doll clothes

0% - 2. 2nd Rag Doll cloths

40% - 3. Sweater for Sis (Knitty's BPT) (K) Cast ON (07/10/08)

5% - 4. 7 Dishcloths (K&C) #9J

0% - 5. 7 More Dishcloths (K&C) #10A

0% - 6. Ear Warmer #12L (?)

0% - 7. 7 Last Dishcloths #11A (K&C)

0% - 8. Something for Charity (??)

Archived