Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Hey guys! It seems like forever since I have been here! It seems like I am on raverly 24-7! lol. I havent crocheted in forever, but I am knitting away on some socks! Man, they are addicting. I dont even have a list - how's about that! I am concentrating on only one project. Just one! I am so excited to get this pair of socks done, plus I have found a group on Raverly, Sock Knitters Annonymous, that has monthly sockdown challenges. It's a lot of fun just reading the boards and seeing what everyone else has been doing. I havent participated in a challenge yet. But I must say that they are off for August and I didnt find them till July.

So here's my pseudo list:

1. Fawkes socks

2. Candle Flame Shawl

3. September sockdown challenge: a sock in orange yarn, a design by Cookie A, or a design by SKA member Jeannie Fanihi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I have fallen off the wagon, guys! Things have come up and other projects came along that needed done. Its been a very busy summer! I'll revise my list so it looks like I've done lots! The holidays are looming and I need to get going!

Hey Suzy! I'm so glad to see someone posting in this thread! It seems like most of us haven't done much crocheting this summer. I know I'm looking forward to FAll and getting started again. I was crocheting a shawl for the Crochet Olympics but changed my project during the first week...which means I'm officially Unofficial as far as the Games go....Oh well!

I have been neglecting you all, and my list. I think my a/c being down for most of July really put a damper in my ambitious list. But my list remains unchanged, I want to see what I do (or don't) accomplish this quarter. I have made some progress finally though, I completed my challenge for the CGAGS, check my blog to see it.

I've made it to row 51/80 on my LAce and Bobbles. However it was nearly 2am when I FINISHED rnd 51 and realized that I made a mistake, way back at the 2nd corner of the round, and the 3rd and the 4th....

(click to enlarge and see)

th_DSC01418.jpg

What I have learned is only mindless crocheting should be attempted after midnight, b/c this is disheartening, it's a sc row, and I have to undo all those sides to fix it....... a little about this ghan, my 5 year old has chosen all the colors, all 14 of them! My oldest dd also has a ghan of many colors, but I must say this pattern makes it a little more bearable this time, :rofl

So, today I will plug away at house cleaning and the lace and bobbles, hope to get a few color changes on it out of the way. I want to finish this by September 14 when my in-laws come, so I can say I have it finished. Dawn SHOULD have had this by January 31 (her 5th birthday) so I'm a little bit late... as per usual!

Oh wow, I hope your A/C is working good now! That's no way to spend the summer. My A/C wasn't broken but I still didn't manage to get much crocheting done...the only thing I've made all summer is a purse for the Bag/Tote swap. I also made a doggie blanket from scrap yarn but it wasn't on my list. I'm thinking once the weather cools off a little, I'm going to make another Shawler and maybe another Gourmet Crochet pattern.

Kim,

I just sent in my survey for the winter scarf swap, so I'm going to have to make a couple of those, gonna look for patterns later. I like the swaps, they get me motivated.

Kim,

I just sent in my survey for the winter scarf swap, so I'm going to have to make a couple of those, gonna look for patterns later. I like the swaps, they get me motivated.

I signed up for that one too. I'm doing more swaps than CAL's this year...like you said, they are very motivating. Gotta love that due date!

Well this week I have made some good progress, I finished the Sunflower dishcloth from my Garden Dishcloths to Knit book, and I finished a Grandmothers Favorite Dishcloth, I cast on the Michigan Cherries Dishcloth, and finished 5 blocks of a ninepatch dishcloth I have put more stuff in my ravelry, it seems like so much work though getting everything in there! But I'm thinking it might be worth it once I finally do. I joined like 4 groups over there :eek

Now for some pictures:

Lace and bobbles- at the end of the Crochet Games I had to finish up the Black Bobble Row, so I've done from there to where I am now since the games ended :yay

th_DSC01435.jpg

And some dishcloths:

Ninepatch for the weekly dishcloth KAL group I joined on Ravelry, this uses what I have left from my garden dishcloths I've made so far :) And check out my Mitered Corner, I feel so accomplished!

th_DSC01436.jpg

Grandmothers Favorite Dishcloth (theresa might think I'm stalking her if I do any more projects she's done) This is a GREAT dishcloth, taught me increase and decrease!(ya i know it's not on my list)

th_DSC01428.jpg

And this one is actually ON MY LIST, it's dishcloth 3 of 12 I want done by the end of September, the Sunflower:

th_DSC01423.jpg

So how have you all done this week, what's coming off your hooks, or do you have on your needles??

Great colors! I really love the nine patch squares....I am getting ready to make an afghan for Fall. Lion Brand sent out an email saying they had a free pattern for a CAL and I haven't been able to get into their website to get the pattern...but when I do, I'm making that blanket! LOL

I have finished 8 sets (4 each) of coasters! No pics yet, I have put them...somewhere....under something heavy to flatten out. I was going to wash and block them, but now I don't know...

I also made one scarf. I want to make some more scarves for the Special Olympic Games.

I haven't dyed any yarn, or finished any of those WIPs in my list. I think they may just fall off the list!

I have finished 8 sets (4 each) of coasters! No pics yet, I have put them...somewhere....under something heavy to flatten out. I was going to wash and block them, but now I don't know...

I also made one scarf. I want to make some more scarves for the Special Olympic Games.

I haven't dyed any yarn, or finished any of those WIPs in my list. I think they may just fall off the list!

Can't wait to see them! I've been knitting dishcloths, I have 2 on different sets of needles right now and 2 more lined up, :lol I don't know what's come over me!

I'm also plugging away on the lace and bobbles, need to do at least 2 rounds today, and haven't touched it yet, but the day is still young, I have tonight t.v time to get it done,hehe

A little progress to report. I finished 12 drink cozies and 6 scarves of various patterns to give to the doctors and students at the OSU vet hospital for taking care of my 2 sick doggies this summer. I have a new computer and just realized there is no program to resize my photos! So while I find one, picture lots of scarlet and grey in different stripe patterns and the One Skein Scarf from SNB HH in those colors! I used RHSS for the cozies and Homespun on a couple of the scarves and also some inCarron SS and Jiffy.

Updated list for September

Dolly Parton doll - 65% complete

Retro babette 90% completed

White cat 90% completed

Cat quilt - 65% Completed

Gothic rr - 20% Completed

Purple pet blanket - 100% Completed

Mums giant granny - Need to take photo, measure and count rows, to see how much more I need to do to finish it for her.

Working on swap items as well

Finished the purple pet blanket today, just had loads of ends of weave in.:cheerHave given it to Molly the female cat a women at work gave me a few months ago.

Too late to take pictures, will post some later once it's light enough to take them.

• 2 weeks later...

the last quarter is starting soon, what's everyone's lists look like??

for me, I have 2 things:

FINISH the darn lace and bobbles

Make grandpa pease's ghan

That's all i am goaling for myself. Anything else that gets done is gonna be a bonus.

Hi Ada! I am actually thinking about starting a small blanket! I have the pattern and yarn...now just need to sit down and start. It should go pretty quickly, it's a simple stripe pattern using single and double crochet. I have some great wool yarn I need to use up and it would be perfect for this pattern....I'm also thinking of starting a shawl/wrap but don't want to start two things at once.

Like you, I don't want to be too ambitious and then burn out!

Fourth Quarter is HERE! Ok, so I'm a day late... Oops! :lol

I updated my list in the first post of the thread. Last quarter I didn't get much of the list done, but some of it worked on. I did finish my Lace Hem Topping and it was a minor disaster, but a massive learning experience. Now I'm working on a knitted afghan square for a friend. I am also knitting a sweater for my 4 yo DD, Evie, called Little Miss Strawberry from the March 2008 Creative Knitting. I also have a wool vest for myself on a pair of needles that I'd like to finish. The afghans for my parents are still the bane of my existance, but I got a good portion of my step-father's done during the Olympics, so it's got progress on it. I'm back in school now and I'm busy with nursing classes, so time to knit and crochet is at a premium. I wish everyone luck in getting their projects done! :hug

Have started to do the hair for Dolly Parton, and have bought some nice sparkle yarn for the dress, the purple pet blanket is completed and have taken a photo of my mum's giant granny, almost done with all the salatine for the cat quilt.

Have had a bit of a break in crochet over the past few weeks, so not alot done, I should really get a move on as some of these are for xmas.

Dolly Parton doll - 65% complete

Retro babette 70% completed

White cat 80% completed

Mums giant granny - ?????

Cat quilt - 75% Completed

Gothic rr - 15% Completed

Purple pet blanket - 100% Completed

Ok so I haven't posted since like the second quarter.... I just hate it when life gets in the way of crochet...

So I'm back for this last quarter (even though I'm a few days late, my motto: better late than never...)

My list (majority is christmas related):

Up-down Stitch Afghan: 75% (yeah I'm still working on that one)

Ripple Afghan: 25%

Baby Aghan: 20% (for a November shower)

4.5 hour afghan: 40% (for myself not a big rush)

Tree Skirt: 0%

3 Christmas Stockings: 0%

30 Ornaments: 0% (star like thingys)

3 Fat Bottomed Bags: 0%

So there it is.... Now if I could just crochet all day and not work, I would be set :D

I finished up 2 items yesterday! The reason? I tripped and broke my toe and fell Sunday so I took advantage of DH's sympathy and crocheted for the whole day! I don't think I can get any more time off for my purple toe but It sure made my list get smaller!

DD's poncho is done and the baby blanket is waiting for the announcement!

Hello all... May I join? I have a few things that I NEED to get done before Christmas...

Bolero for my GG11

leg warmers for my GG5

shawl for my Mom

hooded scarf with pockets for my DD#2

hat, scarf and wrist warmers for my DD#1

Archived