Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck to you too! I have had the yarn and the needles for the shawl for awhile, but I am intimidated by it! Its lace weight yarn - but its baby alpaca so it is SUPER soft! Its good enough to have to just pet for now! :lol

I placed an order for the recommended yarn with KnitPicks and it should be here, along with a bunch of other yarn from them (I always buy way too much of their stuff :lol) this coming Wednesday. I can't wait!

I got both of the afghans on my list started this past week. I've gotten both of them to roughly 10% and so far so good. I really like both patterns. I'm trying to get about 10% done every week on them to pace it out a little. I've also been doing well with my Lace Hem Topping. I'm nearly finished with the decreases for the waist. I'm going to have to figure out short rows though, I think, to accommodate the girls. I'll have to see when I get closer to that area of shaping.

Penny, I also didn't do well last quarter, but it's ok! :D

Good luck to all of you on your lists! :crocheting:knit

I did awful last quarter:eek Going to take more time for I want to do this time around:hook

Hello Penny,

I didn't do so good this past quarter either. I had to much going on around the house this past quarter. I hope to better this time around. Especially with Christmas being just around the bend. I have so much to get done.

Good Luck!!

Blessings,

Lynn

I'm roughly 75% done on my Lace Hem Topping. I'm going to skip doing short rows this time considering the increases already written into the pattern. There should be enough give to the fabric to fit me fine. I'm going to work on it for a little while longer tonight to try to get as much done as I can before I get too tired. I hope to be able to seam it and block it tomorrow so I can wear it to my knitting group meeting on Tuesday evening.

I hope you all had a wonderful and fun weekend!

May I join? This will be my first CAL, but I could use the motivation when I'm feeling lazy and not wanting to keep going!

Here is my List

Just finished Knitty's Avast (7/05/08) <-- Christmas Gift #1 (2006 UFO - Finally Complete~!)

1. Rag Doll © (Doll done, working on clothes) <-- for Charity

2. 2nd Rag Doll © (Doll done, working on clothes) <-- for my girls

3. Sweater for Sis (Knitty's BPT) (K) <-- Christmas Gift - Cast ON (07/10/08)

4. 7 Dishcloths (K&C) <-- Christmas Gift #9

5. 7 More Dishcloths (K&C) <-- Christmas Gift #10

6. Ear Warmer #12 (?) <-- Christmas Gift #12

7. 7 Last Dishcloths #11 (K&C) <--Christmas Gift #11

8. Something for Charity (??)

Grumpy

I have finally given in. I have seen sooo many lovely doilies and other items made with thread lately here that I just had to try. Did most of a doily today, supposedly a beginner. HA! Too many color changes. I decided for my first project I needed something repetative but not boring, NO COLOR CHANGES, and big enough to really allow me to get comfortab;e with thread. Soo..... I chose the Featherweight Wrap from Crochet Today May/June 2008. It says it's intermediate difficulty. :think I think the abilities of the 2 patterns got switched. This is MUCH better.

So my goals for the week are

1. Finish weaving in ends and trim the Mosaic Pullover

2. Keep working on the wrap.

That's it. Too busy this week for anything else. Darn.

I started out well in the second quarter and then faded. I'd like to get back on track here but have too many Summer camp secret projects to do along with Holidays in July RAOK projects. I'll get a third quarter list going once that is under control :D

It sounds like most everyone had a slow second quarter! Now I don't feel so bad....LOL:lol

I'm still working on the Lisette Shawl and I will have it finished before 2009!!:yes

May I join? This will be my first CAL, but I could use the motivation when I'm feeling lazy and not wanting to keep going!

Here is my List

Just finished Knitty's Avast (7/05/08) <-- Christmas Gift #1 (2006 UFO - Finally Complete~!)

1. Rag Doll © (Doll done, working on clothes) <-- for Charity

2. 2nd Rag Doll © (Doll done, working on clothes) <-- for my girls

3. Sweater for Sis (Knitty's BPT) (K) <-- Christmas Gift

4. 7 Dishcloths (K&C) <-- Christmas Gift #9

5. 7 More Dishcloths (K&C) <-- Christmas Gift #10

6. Ear Warmer #12 (?) <-- Christmas Gift #12

7. 7 Last Dishcloths #11 (K&C) <--Christmas Gift #11

8. Something for Charity (??)

Grumpy

Welcome, Grumpy! I'm also trying to get gifts knocked out this quarter. So far only afghans for my parents are on the list, but I'm expecting yarn for a pullover for my DH any day (can't wait!) and it will be added to the list once that comes in. Dishcloths as gifts is a great idea! I'll probably do some of those either this quarter, or early next quarter. Those are great day or two projects. Actually, I'm off to search Ravelry for a rooster dishcloth pattern. My DMIL has Roosters decorating her kitchen.

I can't beleive how long it's been since I posted, now into the 3rd quarter.

Time to up-date my list.

Dolly Parton doll - 65% complete

Sweet Dreams baby blanket - 99% complete, need to weave in some ends

Red & White Round Ripple - 100% Complete

Retro babette 70% completed

White cat 70% completed

Black fuzzy cat - 100% completed

New items

1st aid bag - 90% completed, need to finish lining

Pink bag - 90% completed, need to finish lining

Green & beige rr 60% completed

Lilac & white rr 95% completed

Mums giant granny (she has been working on it for as long as I can rember), due to old age and arthritis she can't crochet for very long, so I have agreed to finish it off for her, she wants it big enough to fit her double bed. Need to measure it and see how much more I need to do.:eek

Also working on SP stuff

Have loads of new things I want to make, would like to get my WIP's down to about 3-5 b4 I start a new one (apart from SP stuff).:lol

Well... I'm STILL working on my Lace Hem Topping. I'm almost done with the neckline shaping, so I'm in the home stretch, but I don't think it will be done by 6:30 tonight. :( Oh well, I'm still working diligently on it. I'm going to take one of the afghans I'm working on to my group meeting tonight so I can keep up with them. I'm still motivated to do about 10% on both per week.

Stash note: My stash is growing well now. I got a big package from KnitPicks today with 16 skeins of Merino Style (11 of Vanilla, 2 of Moss, 2 of Nutmeg, and 1 of Hollyberry) to make my DH's sweater and I got 3 hanks of Shimmer in Spice for the Candleflame shawl for myself, and 2 hanks of Shadow in Sunset for another shawl I want to do for myself. I'm in love with these two lace weight yarns, especially the Shimmer. It's so soft that petting it is a constant requirement.

I hope everyone is doing well on their lists this quarter.

:hug

Thanks Kim!

I did get the Lace Hem Topping finished before my group meeting tonight, but unfortunately it was about an inch and a half too small for me. Total bummer. I also found out when I seamed it that the back was a different shade from the front (even though they were the same color and dye lot), another bummer. So, I took it to show it off, and the ladies were impressed, but I have decided to give the top to my oldest step-daughter since she's just slightly smaller than me (at 14 years old) and it should fit her perfectly. I'm also going to offer to dye it if she wants it a different color. She'll probably go for black. It's two-toned taupe right now. :lol I'll get pics of it and post it as soon as I can.

I got 4 more rows done on my mom's afghan, so progress was made amongst the laughing, chatting and coffee sipping tonight. :hook

well, I did it. I faced my fear and I made a doily. Still needs to be blocked and threads hidden, but I couldn't wait to share it with you. So... this is Picot Lace from Crochet Fantasy Aug 1993

th_PicotLace002.jpg

th_PicotLace001.jpg

It's beautiful!!!

Thanks Kim!

I did get the Lace Hem Topping finished before my group meeting tonight, but unfortunately it was about an inch and a half too small for me. Total bummer. I also found out when I seamed it that the back was a different shade from the front (even though they were the same color and dye lot), another bummer. So, I took it to show it off, and the ladies were impressed, but I have decided to give the top to my oldest step-daughter since she's just slightly smaller than me (at 14 years old) and it should fit her perfectly. I'm also going to offer to dye it if she wants it a different color. She'll probably go for black. It's two-toned taupe right now. :lol I'll get pics of it and post it as soon as I can.

Relynn, that's a total bummer about the size and the color!! I hate it when that happens with dyelots. It's good that your stepdaughter will be able to use it though.....I have a pile of stuff here that is 'homeless' because it doesn't fit me and I don't know anyone that would want it. It's one of the reasons I stopped crocheting so much. I'll probably end up donating most of it.

Post pics when you can!

well, I did it. I faced my fear and I made a doily. Still needs to be blocked and threads hidden, but I couldn't wait to share it with you. So... this is Picot Lace from Crochet Fantasy Aug 1993

th_PicotLace002.jpg

th_PicotLace001.jpg

That is beautiful! If you haven't blocked it already, here's what I did with my first one and it worked wonders. Sprayed it with ironing starch (heavily) and then pressed it with a hot iron with lots of steam. Came out perfectly flat and crisp.

Relynn, that's a total bummer about the size and the color!! I hate it when that happens with dyelots. It's good that your stepdaughter will be able to use it though.....I have a pile of stuff here that is 'homeless' because it doesn't fit me and I don't know anyone that would want it. It's one of the reasons I stopped crocheting so much. I'll probably end up donating most of it.

Post pics when you can!

That's too bad that you have so many that you'll have to donate. There was a silver lining to my dark cloud yesterday. I ended up getting a stroke of creativity last night (around midnight) and have swatched out a crocheted stole in the laceweight KnitPicks Shadow that I got yesterday (scrapped the idea of using someone else's pattern since the yarn spoke to me and told me what it wanted to be) that I'm going to write a pattern up for. :clap Sales of my hat pattern have slowed down in my Etsy shop so I need something new to sell. :yes

That's too bad that you have so many that you'll have to donate. There was a silver lining to my dark cloud yesterday. I ended up getting a stroke of creativity last night (around midnight) and have swatched out a crocheted stole in the laceweight KnitPicks Shadow that I got yesterday (scrapped the idea of using someone else's pattern since the yarn spoke to me and told me what it wanted to be) that I'm going to write a pattern up for. :clap Sales of my hat pattern have slowed down in my Etsy shop so I need something new to sell. :yes

Will the pattern be knit or crochet? I'm always looking for new shawl patterns!:yes

Will the pattern be knit or crochet? I'm always looking for new shawl patterns!:yes

It's going to be crochet. It's going to be lacy, and not to sound like I"m boasting, and also quite stunning. I was floored when I saw the swatch come together with the edging and all. Jaw dropped and everything. lol I was like "I came up with that?!?!" :lol

I'm still a little too new at knitting to design something knitted yet. I also only have stitch pattern books for crochet so far. :blush

It's going to be crochet. It's going to be lacy, and not to sound like I"m boasting, and also quite stunning. I was floored when I saw the swatch come together with the edging and all. Jaw dropped and everything. lol I was like "I came up with that?!?!" :lol

I'm still a little too new at knitting to design something knitted yet. I also only have stitch pattern books for crochet so far. :blush

Oh wow, Relynn, it sounds like you have a future career in designing patterns!! :clap Definitely let me know when the pattern is ready!

Oh wow, Relynn, it sounds like you have a future career in designing patterns!! :clap Definitely let me know when the pattern is ready!

I will let you know. I sure hope I can end up having a career out of designing. I've wanted to design clothing and accessories ever since I was a wee little girl. :lol

I will let you know. I sure hope I can end up having a career out of designing. I've wanted to design clothing and accessories ever since I was a wee little girl. :lol

That would be wonderful for you to realize your dream!

Dolly Parton doll - 65% complete

Sweet Dreams baby blanket - 100% complete

Red & White Round Ripple - 100% Complete

Retro babette 70% completed

White cat 70% completed

Black fuzzy cat - 100% completed

New items

1st aid bag - 90% completed, need to finish lining

Pink bag - 90% completed, need to finish lining

Green & beige rr 60% completed

Lilac & white rr 100% completed

Mums giant granny