Having Fun & Getting It Done CAL/KAL 4th Quarter!

Here are some progress photos

This is the blanket I'm making for little Zachary... what do you all think of the colors? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to stick with this scheme or do a new one, so please be honest... does it look ok???

th_DSC01263.jpg

Here is my Tulip dishcloth after 28 rows, now this I don't want the truth on, I'm fragile, so say you love it :rofl Can you see the little flower pot?? TOO CUTE!

th_DSC01264.jpg

How fun! I like the dishcloth and I think the colors in the blanket are good! I like them!

I LOVE knitting! It took me awhile to get there, but even working on my first sock (try #2) its so addicting! my crocheting has definitely taken a backseat to knitting lately. I think practicing gets old, but if you have a pattern and a goal you are trying to achieve, it makes it a lot better. I didnt try to learn to decrease or increase until I started my socks!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay you girls (and guts if applicable), I'd like to show you the front of the Colorful Cables. I've decided it will be a tote instead of a purse. The back will be identical, the bottom, sides, handle will be the 2 stranded cable pattern. So, I'd like your opinions please.

1) Does the stripe cable comination work?

2) Would you stripe the handle/side/bottom cable as well? All of it or just the sides and bottom with solid colored handle?

I think if I like it I will make one in a solid color as well. Any way, here it is.

th_colorfulcablestote003.jpg

Sorry, it's alittle bright.

TIA:hug

I agree with Ada - I think the sides, bottom and handle would look good in a solid color. You have plenty of choices there! It really looks great though! The colors are perfect for the summer!

thanks elaine for the input! :hug I must say having the project to do has definitely made knitting more enjoyable, last time i was learning I only did swatches of the different stitches, and if this washcloth turns out good enough, I'm going to send it with Caseys hat/ball and Zacharys blanket, and give it to Beth (their mom) with some face scrub or body wash... that's how I'm justifying working on it instead of the blanket...

oooo elaine.... annie's attic free pattern today is a Knit Bag... really pretty, and super simple by looking at the pattern

I saw that earlier (I signed up for emails every day from them so I remember to check out their free patterns!) but saw the fringe and didnt really look too close at it, but I am now and I really like it (but without the fringe)! That may go on one of my lists - I am definitely saving the pattern. Thanks for the heads up!!

Ok, I got so excited about watching this form that i finished it!

th_DSC01267.jpg

th_DSC01266.jpg

This is the Tulip design from the Garden Dishcloths, I"m really happy with it, except an error in the top border, I lost a stitch, I thought I recovered it (since I still had 35 sts on the needles) but I picked up the wrong part of the dropped stitch and it made this longer wiggle on the bottom row of the top border, and since I obviously can't see the sts, I couldn't undo an entire row :lol

So, this washcloth doesn't go to Beth, since it isn't perfect and sending it to her would bother me, oh no, I'm just going to have to pick another one to make :eek

:rofl

Ok, I got so excited about watching this form that i finished it!

th_DSC01267.jpg

th_DSC01266.jpg

This is the Tulip design from the Garden Dishcloths, I"m really happy with it, except an error in the top border, I lost a stitch, I thought I recovered it (since I still had 35 sts on the needles) but I picked up the wrong part of the dropped stitch and it made this longer wiggle on the bottom row of the top border, and since I obviously can't see the sts, I couldn't undo an entire row :lol

So, this washcloth doesn't go to Beth, since it isn't perfect and sending it to her would bother me, oh no, I'm just going to have to pick another one to make :eek

:rofl

Jadyn, that is lovely and congrats on knitting it! I am impressed. I am the same way, if it's not perfect it's MINE! enjoy your new dishcloth :lol.

Hey Kim, I joined the bottom up pineapple shawl class too, should be fun! I think this one is going to be for me :woo

Oh, I'm about 1/2 done with Zachary's blanket now, I'm taking a chance on the striping, we'll see if it turns out "giftable"

I haven't edged any squares yet, but since my hubby pointed out that Zachery's ghan is a comfortghan doing more on that project negates doing nothing with the grannys this week :lol

P.s- :ty for all the compliments on my tulip!

I have seen the classes listed on here, but I dont think I really get it. Is there much of a difference between the class and a CAL? I'm oversimplifying, i know, but what are you paying for (other than the pattern). I just dont get it!:think

I have seen the classes listed on here, but I dont think I really get it. Is there much of a difference between the class and a CAL? I'm oversimplifying, i know, but what are you paying for (other than the pattern). I just dont get it!:think

My understanding is that the cost of the class includes the pattern and detailed instruction from the designer/teacher. For me, I'm not sure about pineapples so I'm taking the class to learn as much as I can.

Hope that helps!

I've never really done a pineapple successfully, except for a bookmark once, and it was only one pineapple, so I figure the $10 gets me the pattern, and like an all access pass to the brain of the designer, I'm really looking forward to learning something new, :yes

Has anyone started thinking about what they want to put on their lists next quarter? I'm soooo close to finishing my list for this quarter i find myself looking ahead.... am I alone in that?

Well next quarter is gonna be crazy for me, because of the crochet games, and I want to add my goals for the blitz to my actual list, and I'm going to be starting hard on my Christmas list, and I HAVE TO FINISH my dd's 5th birthday blanket (she turned 5 6 months ago :eek)

I'm going to need help weeding this down:

Possible 3rd Quarter List:

1. 16 Daisy Squares

2. 33 Squares for OA

3. Assemble 3 comfortghans (this might change depending on how many women I can teach to do it :))

4. Grandpa Pease's Diagonal Hues in Blue, Black and Cream

5. Dawn's Lace and Bobbles (CANNOT BE REMOVED)

6. Double wedding ring lapghan (CGAG Challenge)-for FARA

7. Finish all 12 designs in the Garden Dishcloths Book

8. Frog Cloth and Towel Set for Aunt Linda

9. Cardinal Cloth and Towel Set for Mom

10. 2 blankets for Donnalynn (to go toward 10 I want to give her by end of December)

11. 2 Baby Sleeper Sets with matching Hats and Blankets for July blitz

12. 30 8" squares for August Blitz

13. 5 Premie Hat and blanket sets for September Blitz

14. Scarves/Hats/Mitten sets for my kiddos for winter

Someone help me, I'm drowning in WIM's... please don't let me make them all wips, please please please!

Wow, Ada, that's a great list! I'll see if I can come up with a tentative list too. I'll definitely have the Greek Games and Pineapple Class as part of my list. I'm not signed up for any swaps for the next quarter so that will make it easier....

Has anyone started thinking about what they want to put on their lists next quarter? I'm soooo close to finishing my list for this quarter i find myself looking ahead.... am I alone in that?

I was just thinking of that the other day. I've pretty much finished my list. I made it short knowing how busy the spring would be. I just don't know what to do next. I guess its time to start thinking about Christmas!

I was just thinking of that the other day. I've pretty much finished my list. I made it short knowing how busy the spring would be. I just don't know what to do next. I guess its time to start thinking about Christmas!

How many people do you want to make for this year suzy?

I always have big plans for who I'm going to make for, and then end up doing last minute christmas shopping :lol I want to do better this year!!

I think I have gotten things done on my list this quarter, but a lot has been pulled off too! The beginning of July starts the new quarter right? That should give me some time to get a new one together. I don't think I am doing the Greek games here, but the Knitting Olympic Trials on Ravelry. I want to make something other socks for that.

But here's my list for the rest of the month

1. First pair of socks - first sock is almost done.

2. Shill shell shawl - its going quick, but I'm working mostly on the socks!

3. Multi-colored bag (from Annie's Attic) - I need to figure out what yarn to use and get needles for it.

I finished the Quahog Beach Bag today (isn't that a strange name?) from the free pattern by Crochet Kitten, http://www.crochetkitten.com

I think it turned out really nice and I'm happy to finish something on my list!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc153/happybunnycrochets/Crochet/beachbag003.jpg[/img]"]beachbag003.jpg

kim that bag is great, but i can't make it, makes me think of the show The Family Guy (and oh man I hate that show!!!)....

kim that bag is great, but i can't make it, makes me think of the show The Family Guy (and oh man I hate that show!!!)....

:lolI'm confused...why does the bag remind you of The Family Guy show?:think

Archived